Stupid little things that bug you

I don’t think it’s bad grammar though, but may be a legacy of when people shopped locally, before big commercial companies set up supermarkets. In those days you would nip down to e.g. “Paul’s”, or “Auntie Joan’s” to pick up your groceries etc. because you knew the owner, often a local legend, of the corner shop by name. Now Tesco, Asda etc. are the owners so it has just continued. That’s my theory anyway but even if it’s wrong, I still say it’s acceptable grammar, even moreso if it’s regional patois which deserves preservation.

“McDonald’s” is the same principle. It is the official company name but denotes that McDonald possesses something, in this case, “restaurants”, so when you go to McDonald’s you infer the place you are going to. Same with Tesco’s, Asda’s etc. but strangely not Lidl (for me anyway).
Honestly mate I’ve no idea really, that particular incident stands out as the response was quite funny and in keeping with what’s been said here, not something that bothers me either way, more important things to worry about, like when should I water my cress next ;-)

People who call Mcdonalds' "restaurants".
In restaurants you are provided with knives, forks and spoons.
Spot the difference...
My first visit to McDonald's was years ago when my kids were young and maccies was new. I had been resisting it but had to give in for my lads.
I was gobsmacked, they dumped some food on my tray with chips spilling all over it and that was it. As you say, no plate, knife or fork. I just looked at them, then I looked at the tray. I thought the guy was taking the piss. I actually thought he wanted to get sacked, no one would serve food like that, surely?

I've hated the place ever since. Oh and with covid etc, do people think that tray is clean enough to eat food off ?

My first visit to McDonald's was years ago when my kids were young and maccies was new. I had been resisting it but had to give in for my lads.
I was gobsmacked, they dumped some food on my tray with chips spilling all over it and that was it. As you say, no plate, knife or fork. I just looked at them, then I looked at the tray. I thought the guy was taking the piss. I actually thought he wanted to get sacked, no one would serve food like that, surely?

I've hated the place ever since. Oh and with covid etc, do people think that tray is clean enough to eat food off ?
Chips always hanging out of the box they come in spilling into the tray that hundreds of people have touched, The workers that go around picking up trays just give them a wipe and that's it. The exact same cloth that they are after cleaning multiple tables with too. Dirty bastards.

It's not like McDonalds is cheap either, You'd get a turkey and ham dinner for near enough the price of a Big Mac meal these days. I can't understand the love for McDonalds the food is shit and you would still leave hungry after a meal.

They have these tablet things attached to tables now too for kids to play with whilst they eat food. The amount of kids and adults pressing the touch screen playing the games and eating is crazy, Turns my stomach that stuff.

Work related one this and only relevent to some bit when yoy recieve some equipment thats stainless steel you have the plastic film they cover it in to prevent scratches.
It really annoys the fuck out of me, never comes off properly and takes up half your day removing it and probably scatching the steel anyway as you pick at the tiny bits that dont peel off
Lol. I worked for a place that built Pizza Pizza stores over here and would have to deal with that crap all the time.
The worst is when somebody puts on handles, doors etc. without peeling back the Blue bastard first.

Last edited:
Chips always hanging out of the box they come in spilling into the tray that hundreds of people have touched, The workers that go around picking up trays just give them a wipe and that's it. The exact same cloth that they are after cleaning multiple tables with too. Dirty bastards.

It's not like McDonalds is cheap either, You'd get a turkey and ham dinner for near enough the price of a Big Mac meal these days. I can't understand the love for McDonalds the food is shit and you would still leave hungry after a meal.

They have these tablet things attached to tables now too for kids to play with whilst they eat food. The amount of kids and adults pressing the touch screen playing the games and eating is crazy, Turns my stomach that stuff.
You can go to a carvery and get a full plate of a roast dinner for cheaper than you can get a McDonald’s

No idea why this annoys me so much but the first thing I do when I’m on an early shift at work is go to put the kettle on for a brew and if there’s no water in it, I’m fucking fuming. Like literally swearing out loud even though I’m in a little room on my own. It’s about 20 steps to the kitchen. Probably takes 30 seconds there and back, including filling it.

I’ll even text the night man calling him a **** for leaving it empty sometimes, which takes me twice as long as actually filling the kettle.

No idea why this annoys me so much but the first thing I do when I’m on an early shift at work is go to put the kettle on for a brew and if there’s no water in it, I’m fucking fuming. Like literally swearing out loud even though I’m in a little room on my own. It’s about 20 steps to the kitchen. Probably takes 30 seconds there and back, including filling it.

I’ll even text the night man calling him a **** for leaving it empty sometimes, which takes me twice as long as actually filling the kettle.
This does my fucking head in. Lazy selfish bastards not re-filling it after they use it. If I use the kettle at work or at home I always fill it afterwards so it's ready for the next person to use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.