Stupid little things that bug you

How is it that when anyone has to go to hospital in Coronation Street (as they frequently do) they are invariably put in a nice private ward, instead of sharing a public ward with five other old buggers, all snoring, farting, talking in their sleep, moaning, coughing and with nurses coming in all night to see to them and waking you up, like happens to me?

Are they all in some private health scheme?
Some years ago, I had a double-hernia operation. Woke up in the morning unaware I had been billeted in a female ward (due to a lack of beds in the make ward). Got up and went for a pee wearing one of those hospital gowns which wasn't tied at the back. I'm strolling down the ward with half a dozen women pointing and screeching with laughter.

Some years ago, I had a double-hernia operation. Woke up in the morning unaware I had been billeted in a female ward (due to a lack of beds in the make ward). Got up and went for a pee wearing one of those hospital gowns which wasn't tied at the back. I'm strolling down the ward with half a dozen women pointing and screeching with laughter.
At least you didn't have it on back to front.

Cock hanging out?

Work related one this and only relevent to some bit when yoy recieve some equipment thats stainless steel you have the plastic film they cover it in to prevent scratches.
It really annoys the fuck out of me, never comes off properly and takes up half your day removing it and probably scatching the steel anyway as you pick at the tiny bits that dont peel off

Hmm I think it's Asduz. It's owned by the same company that have Aldiz.

If you're from manchestoh anywayz.
It’s a bit like the “invisible P” in Vimto really ;-)

Tesco

Its TESCO....you dont go to Tesco's / Tescos....you go to TESCO
I remember my first trip abroad and the rep telling us the supermarket is ‘Modelo’ and not ‘Modelo’s’, she then went on to explain you wouldn’t say ‘Tesco’s’ or ‘Asda’s’ etc etc, most of the room all just looked at each other and laughed, maybe it’s just a Northwest ‘quirk’ ? (yes I know it’s wrong/bad grammar etc).

It’s a bit like the “invisible P” in Vimto really ;-)

I remember my first trip abroad and the rep telling us the supermarket is ‘Modelo’ and not ‘Modelo’s’, she then went on to explain you wouldn’t say ‘Tesco’s’ or ‘Asda’s’ etc etc, most of the room all just looked at each other and laughed, maybe it’s just a Northwest ‘quirk’ ? (yes I know it’s wrong/bad grammar etc).
I don’t think it’s bad grammar though, but may be a legacy of when people shopped locally, before big commercial companies set up supermarkets. In those days you would nip down to e.g. “Paul’s”, or “Auntie Joan’s” to pick up your groceries etc. because you knew the owner, often a local legend, of the corner shop by name. Now Tesco, Asda etc. are the owners so it has just continued. That’s my theory anyway but even if it’s wrong, I still say it’s acceptable grammar, even moreso if it’s regional patois which deserves preservation.

“McDonald’s” is the same principle. It is the official company name but denotes that McDonald possesses something, in this case, “restaurants”, so when you go to McDonald’s you infer the place you are going to. Same with Tesco’s, Asda’s etc. but strangely not Lidl (for me anyway).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.