Stupid little things that bug you

I haven't read the whole thread obviously so this may have been mentioned but people misusing the word "acronym" absolutely infuriates me.

An acronym is an actual pronounced word derived from an abbreviation, not any old abbreviation, thus Nasa and Nato are acronyms while BBC and FBI are not.

This is so unimportant but it bugs me so much for some reason.

The whole concept of Bargain Hunt is ludicrous. The contestants have to buy tat at retail and then hope to make a profit selling at wholesale. WTF?
Spoken like a businessman and articulated better than I complained about it. Agree about the later post re. Trevelyan though. A posh bit of naughty of there was one. With a surname like that and being in the business she is she probably comes from a long line of cunts who have ripped off daft folk about buying and selling shit to common folk.

Would get it though

A quick glance at the temperature, oh 37°C not too offensive. You step outside and realise they're taking the piss. Heat index and humidity makes a feels like of 47°C

I haven't read the whole thread obviously so this may have been mentioned but people misusing the word "acronym" absolutely infuriates me.

An acronym is an actual pronounced word derived from an abbreviation, not any old abbreviation, thus Nasa and Nato are acronyms while BBC and FBI are not.

This is so unimportant but it bugs me so much for some reason.
I simply don't let those kind of things bother me, after all, YOLO.

BBC is an acronym for British Broadcasting Corporation, a national organization that broadcasts television, radio and online programmes12. An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters of other words, such as NASA or NATO. An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word or phrase, such as Mr. or Dr34.

BBC is an acronym for British Broadcasting Corporation, a national organization that broadcasts television, radio and online programmes12. An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters of other words, such as NASA or NATO. An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word or phrase, such as Mr. or Dr34.

(Oxford definition) Acronym noun: An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (eg ASCII, NASA).

Your link doesn't say "BBC is an acronym" anywhere, because it isn't.

(I told you this gets me illogically angry, I just got up for a piss and checked my phone, now I'm typing furiously at half three in the morning :)

(Oxford definition) Acronym noun: An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (eg ASCII, NASA).

Your link doesn't say "BBC is an acronym" anywhere, because it isn't.

(I told you this gets me illogically angry, I just got up for a piss and checked my phone, now I'm typing furiously at half three in the morning :)
Is ‘MILF’ an acronym ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.