Stupid little things that bug you

The way Americans pronounce 'suggest'.
'sug jest'.
Oh, and 'aluminium'.
'aloooomminumium'.
The way Americans speak in general. They cant all have lisps, so why can they pronounce the letter S properly? Case in point, watch Christian Bale or that day walker from Homeland and Band of Brothers do an American accents. Its coached into them, because they all do it. Just say sausages properly without spraying the word out of your front teeth!

When people refer unironically and uncomedically to their pets as their children, and/or consider the pet to be the sibling of their actual children.
Truly hateful.
I witnessed a conversation where a couple of pretentious dog owners were discussing the breeds they were walking.
"Yes, mine's a labradoodle you know."

"Oh really. Well he's a cockapoo."

They are mongrels ffs.

Truly hateful.
I witnessed a conversation where a couple of pretentious dog owners were discussing the breeds they were walking.
"Yes, mine's a labradoodle you know."

"Oh really. Well he's a cockapoo."

They are mongrels ffs.
I don't mind people jokingly calling the dog their kid. But when people are serious I am so mad. I hear in some places the Fire Brigade are asking their guys to double check if someone says "My baby is in there" that they mean an actual human child. A guy nearly drowned diving in to a car during severe floods to save a "baby" that turned out to be the woman's pet dog.

Seriously, I can't stand it when people say the dog is the 'brother' of the kids. It is stupid.

I don't mind people jokingly calling the dog their kid. But when people are serious I am so mad. I hear in some places the Fire Brigade are asking their guys to double check if someone says "My baby is in there" that they mean an actual human child. A guy nearly drowned diving in to a car during severe floods to save a "baby" that turned out to be the woman's pet dog.

Seriously, I can't stand it when people say the dog is the 'brother' of the kids. It is stupid.
Agree totally, also when they say 'he understands/knows everything I say'.....well if that was the case he'd think you were a fucking nutter!!!!!

Can he be your best mate ?

Ergh asking for a friend

People at self service checkouts who don't bag their shopping straight away and instead wait until they've paid and then stand there for 5 minutes bagging it all up. Also, on a related note, the maniacs who put all their un bagged shopping in a trolley and then transfer it all, still unbagged, item by item, into their boot. Absolute wierdos.

Depends on the bag. I often take a bag pack to my local Morrisons and if I put it empty on the scales where it does the ‘place your bag on the scales’ thing the till beeps and flashes up the ‘someone is coming to assist’ thing. So it’s easier just to scan it all through then put it in my bag at the end.

I think it’s a weight thing.

So yeah. Fuck off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.