Summer Transfers

theres no reason to sell Augero, there is enough games for him, Jesus and Nacho... Although lack of game time for the latter is a worry for me.. Wondering if Pep fancies more of an energetic dynamic forward over Nacho.. Maybe Balotti from Torino as Str no.3 if Nacho goes on loan or leaves..?

Isco: Joins the midfield as the replacement for Yaya and Delph.
Can't see him filling in for what Yaya is doing in our current first XI, it's one thing at Madrid where Kroos is a big presence in central midfield and he's backed up by Ramos and Pepe, who are both aerially dominant centre halves, it'd be a lot more difficult for him to do the physical side of the role with Silva and Kev ahead of him and Stones with Otamendi the lads backing him up - we were far too susceptible to a high ball down the middle earlier in the season with Dinho in there on his own. I'd far rather sign Nzonzi or Kroos to play the role.

Are we just replacing all our Argentinian blues with Brazilians then. Moraes for Willy, Zaba for Fabinho maybe Serg with Jesus. Who gets to replace Otamendi then. :)

Can't see him filling in for what Yaya is doing in our current first XI, it's one thing at Madrid where Kroos is a big presence in central midfield and he's backed up by Ramos and Pepe, who are both aerially dominant centre halves, it'd be a lot more difficult for him to do the physical side of the role with Silva and Kev ahead of him and Stones with Otamendi the lads backing him up - we were far too susceptible to a high ball down the middle earlier in the season with Dinho in there on his own. I'd far rather sign Nzonzi or Kroos to play the role.
To be fair, I think Silva is going to be the Pivot, but Isco can play it too. And might be defensively superior to Silva.

Also 1) Stones should be better 2) and Laporte would be the partner either based on my incoming.

Also I wouldn't lie to you, I'm not a big proponent of plugging every weakness. If we are weak in the air at DM but better at controlling play and creating chances because of it, I'm okay with that. What matters is what adds up to the best team.

I'd rather we strengthen what we are good at and become great at it. So make our wing play dynamic and scary fast - Sane, Sterling, Mbappe. Play smoother out of the back and our of pressure: Bravo/Ederson, Laporte/Stones/ Ota, Bernat/Grimaldo, Semedo/Perreira. Control and Creativity in the middle ( Silva, Debryune, Gundogan, Isco, Dihno) And technique and deadlines up top Aguero, Jesus

That in my mind gives us our best team.

theres no reason to sell Augero, there is enough games for him, Jesus and Nacho... Although lack of game time for the latter is a worry for me.. Wondering if Pep fancies more of an energetic dynamic forward over Nacho.. Maybe Balotti from Torino as Str no.3 if Nacho goes on loan or leaves..?
There won't be a 3rd stringer. It will be 5 players for 3 positions imho

To be fair, I think Silva is going to be the Pivot, but Isco can play it too. And might be defensively superior to Silva.

Also 1) Stones should be better 2) and Laporte would be the partner either based on my incoming.

Also I wouldn't lie to you, I'm not a big proponent of plugging every weakness. If we are weak in the air at DM but better at controlling play and creating chances because of it, I'm okay with that. What matters is what adds up to the best team.

I'd rather we strengthen what we are good at and become great at it. So make our wing play dynamic and scary fast - Sane, Sterling, Mbappe. Play smoother out of the back and our of pressure: Bravo/Ederson, Laporte/Stones/ Ota, Bernat/Grimaldo, Semedo/Perreira. Control and Creativity in the middle ( Silva, Debryune, Gundogan, Isco, Dihno) And technique and deadlines up top Aguero, Jesus

That in my mind gives us our best team.
We need balance as was shown earlier in the season when we were trying to shoehorn Silva, Kev and Gundogan into the same team and it rarely worked. I'd rather have a lad in the DM position who can control the ball and play passes to a higher standard then say, Fernando, so that they don't ruin the tactical play of the team or our ability to control a game, while also being able to fill in for some of Silva and Kev's weaknesses and protect the centre halves also. Dinho can do the first part but not the second, Yaya has successfully done both and it's improved the team.

None of the centre halves we've been linked with are what you'd call aerially dominant.

We need balance as was shown earlier in the season when we were trying to shoehorn Silva, Kev and Gundogan into the same team and it rarely worked. I'd rather have a lad in the DM position who can control the ball and play passes to a higher standard then say, Fernando, so that they don't ruin the tactical play of the team or our ability to control a game, while also being able to fill in for some of Silva and Kev's weaknesses and protect the centre halves also. Dinho can do the first part but not the second, Yaya has successfully done both and it's improved the team.

None of the centre halves we've been linked with are what you'd call aerially dominant.

I currently think it would be borderline insanity to let Yaya go. I'd rather let Dinho go than Yaya, as things stand. We have Fernando and Delph who could potentially both be replaced before looking at Dinho and Yaya; although we do have to factor in whatever the homegrown rules are and getting the squad to be the right size, including some breathing room for the kids.

Could be a fascinating summer.

I currently think it would be borderline insanity to let Yaya go. I'd rather let Dinho go than Yaya, as things stand. We have Fernando and Delph who could potentially both be replaced before looking at Dinho and Yaya; although we do have to factor in whatever the homegrown rules are and getting the squad to be the right size, including some breathing room for the kids.

Could be a fascinating summer.
Could be indeed, can't see Yaya staying unless he's prepared to accept a significant drop on his current wages though, he's not worth his weight on the wage bill anymore regardless of how good he's been.

I'm looking forward to this summer because we should be able to do some good recruitment for the future with so many players either out of contract or entering the last year of their deals, the club will be able to clear the decks properly for the first time really since the takeover happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.