Summer Transfers

How much do you reckon the value will change on players after all this is over?
An interesting question since we have upto 30 young players to sell, due to FIFA`s loan player ruling. Thank goodness for FFP under it`s rules the total price is the cost regardless, so a player like Roberts value 8 million to leeds but City sell him for 2 million and 2 million a year for 5 years plus a 50% sell on, means city have received 12 million + and can spend that money now.
As for the markets they will all probably drop by 50% except Spain who are heavily supported even now by the banks, their economy is based on tourism which will be hit hardest and longest

An interesting question since we have upto 30 young players to sell, due to FIFA`s loan player ruling. Thank goodness for FFP under it`s rules the total price is the cost regardless, so a player like Roberts value 8 million to leeds but City sell him for 2 million and 2 million a year for 5 years plus a 50% sell on, means city have received 12 million + and can spend that money now.
As for the markets they will all probably drop by 50% except Spain who are heavily supported even now by the banks, their economy is based on tourism which will be hit hardest and longest

If Spain's economy is hit hard due to a complete lack of tourism then surely their banks will bit hit hard? They can't then justify propping up La Liga at the expense of more essential investment.

We need two CBs to replace Stones and Ota. Both not good enough. GK, 2x CBs, LB and FW required.

We need one CB and make space in the team or at the very least 3rd choice to be Garcia or it is absolutely pointless having a potential world class youth player, that has proven he can mix it in the prem already, if he doesn't get 20 games in cup/league next season he will start to go backwards and then get pissed off and will leave.

Foden stays because he is blue through and through but he needs 20-30 games next season cups/league.

Braff also needs to be brought in for 5-10 games and on the bench for 10/15 minute cameo's if we are smashing somebody 4/5-0

Agreed Garcia should be one of the CB players next season. Probably keep stones for the English quota and sell nico. Would love upamecano alongside Laporte though, absolute monster of a player already and I think he’s available for €50m?

10.04.2020 15.57 by Claudio Colla read 1022
© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
dd8f4a4e501734502d1616c9952aef53-83745-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

https://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=media&id=1
According to Daily Telegraph, Barcelona FC are planning to suggest Manchester City a swap deal, having Portuguese international right wingback Joao Cancelo (25, in the pic on the left) move in, with Portuguese international right-back Nelson Semedo (26) moving on the other way around. Both players have recently been linked to Inter Milan.

10.04.2020 15.57 by Claudio Colla read 1022
© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
dd8f4a4e501734502d1616c9952aef53-83745-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

According to Daily Telegraph, Barcelona FC are planning to suggest Manchester City a swap deal, having Portuguese international right wingback Joao Cancelo (25, in the pic on the left) move in, with Portuguese international right-back Nelson Semedo (26) moving on the other way around. Both players have recently been linked to Inter Milan.

don’t think cancelo has settled into English life or to be honest peps work ethic?

I honestly think Marcelo Brozovic would take us to the next level. I'd describe him as a similar player type to Jorginho, if Jorginho had physicality and knew how to shoot and defend.

Brozovic has been underrated for years. If he was a brazilian named Marcelino he'd go for 100m+ and play for Barcelona or Real. He may be 27 now but so was Fernandinho when he came to us. He's also not the fastest, but still faster and Rodri and a lot more agile

If I were Txiki I'd look to raid Inter, they've got some real gems. Brozovic, Barella, Lautaro Martinez, Skriniar, Bastoni, De Vrij to name a few

I would be cautious with raiding a team that has imploded in a title race against a poor Juventus side. They bottled 4 of their CL group stage matches. They clearly lack in a lot of areas (especially midfield) so I wouldn’t be jumping ahead and signing half of that squad.

On the topic of Brozovic, he is a decent player but at wrong end of 20. Rodri is better and younger with a higher ceiling. I don’t even think our midfield is much of a concern at the moment.

Serie A is a slower and more defensive league where Smalling is being considered for defender of the season. Furthermore Conte inflates the defensive ability of his players, so Skrinar and Bastoni might be extremely poor in the PL especially with Pep.

Martinez is a possibility, but his numbers are not as impressive as his hype. Maybe he would be amazing in our squad with Pep. Barca seem extremely interested and I doubt we have a better pull than them unless we commit to overpaying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.