Summer Transfers

10.04.2020 15.57 by Claudio Colla read 1022
© foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
dd8f4a4e501734502d1616c9952aef53-83745-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

According to Daily Telegraph, Barcelona FC are planning to suggest Manchester City a swap deal, having Portuguese international right wingback Joao Cancelo (25, in the pic on the left) move in, with Portuguese international right-back Nelson Semedo (26) moving on the other way around. Both players have recently been linked to Inter Milan.

I would be cautious with raiding a team that has imploded in a title race against a poor Juventus side. They bottled 4 of their CL group stage matches. They clearly lack in a lot of areas (especially midfield) so I wouldn’t be jumping ahead and signing half of that squad.

On the topic of Brozovic, he is a decent player but at wrong end of 20. Rodri is better and younger with a higher ceiling. I don’t even think our midfield is much of a concern at the moment.

Serie A is a slower and more defensive league where Smalling is being considered for defender of the season. Furthermore Conte inflates the defensive ability of his players, so Skrinar and Bastoni might be extremely poor in the PL especially with Pep.

Martinez is a possibility, but his numbers are not as impressive as his hype. Maybe he would be amazing in our squad with Pep. Barca seem extremely interested and I doubt we have a better pull than them unless we commit to overpaying.
I would say that the only thing they're really lacking are good wingbacks. Otherwise Inter have a pretty much complete squad. They would probably have won the league with Angelino and Cancelo on each side instead of Candreva and Ashley young

Rodri definitely has a higher ceiling, but I don't think Rodri is better on current ability. Brozovic is much more complete going forward and can defend decently as well. He's also got a Fernandinho level engine on him. I think Brozovic is the better player in a single pivot to be honest

There's definitely a big gap in intensity between Serie A and Premier League. The Serie A is slower and more tactical, especially in defence. However I think those players that I've named would transition great into the PL. Brozovic and Barella definitely has the engine, physicality and technique to transition well to the PL. Lautaro will be overpriced but he's probably the most similar striker to Aguero that plays on an elite level. Skriniar and De Vrij played on a really high level even before Conte, Skriniar was even better last season in my opinion. Questions over Bastoni though

Not saying we should buy half the team but there are definitely some names to consider at Inter/Lazio/Atalanta

Agreed Garcia should be one of the CB players next season. Probably keep stones for the English quota and sell nico. Would love upamecano alongside Laporte though, absolute monster of a player already and I think he’s available for €50m?

It will be much easier to sell Stones than Otamendi but less preferable. At least Garcia takes a homegrown place in the squad if it has to be Stones.

It will be much easier to sell Stones than Otamendi but less preferable. At least Garcia takes a homegrown place in the squad if it has to be Stones.
Garcia would take an U21 place, so if it was Stones we’d still have a spare homegrown . Anyway think Otamendi will be the one to go.

I would say that the only thing they're really lacking are good wingbacks. Otherwise Inter have a pretty much complete squad. They would probably have won the league with Angelino and Cancelo on each side instead of Candreva and Ashley young

Rodri definitely has a higher ceiling, but I don't think Rodri is better on current ability. Brozovic is much more complete going forward and can defend decently as well. He's also got a Fernandinho level engine on him. I think Brozovic is the better player in a single pivot to be honest

There's definitely a big gap in intensity between Serie A and Premier League. The Serie A is slower and more tactical, especially in defence. However I think those players that I've named would transition great into the PL. Brozovic and Barella definitely has the engine, physicality and technique to transition well to the PL. Lautaro will be overpriced but he's probably the most similar striker to Aguero that plays on an elite level. Skriniar and De Vrij played on a really high level even before Conte, Skriniar was even better last season in my opinion. Questions over Bastoni though

Not saying we should buy half the team but there are definitely some names to consider at Inter/Lazio/Atalanta

I agree there are players to consider I am just being overly cautious with defenders especially considering how Pep’s tactic demands a lot from them.

In terms of skill and ability I would choose Lautaro to succeed Aguero because his overall play has been impressive whenever I have seen him. The only issue is his stats are not at a desirable level. However, perhaps the league is the culprit and he would have better numbers here.

I agree there are players to consider I am just being overly cautious with defenders especially considering how Pep’s tactic demands a lot from them.

In terms of skill and ability I would choose Lautaro to succeed Aguero because his overall play has been impressive whenever I have seen him. The only issue is his stats are not at a desirable level. However, perhaps the league is the culprit and he would have better numbers here.
I mean Mo Salah wasn't near world class before he changed Roma and the Serie A for Liverpool and Premier League. I'm not saying it will happen to Lautaro too because there have been examples of the exact opposite. But I think Lautaro's physicality could translate well to the PL, and maybe he'll have an easier time scoring goals against English teams who are usually more focused on attacking

I would be cautious with raiding a team that has imploded in a title race against a poor Juventus side. They bottled 4 of their CL group stage matches. They clearly lack in a lot of areas (especially midfield) so I wouldn’t be jumping ahead and signing half of that squad.

On the topic of Brozovic, he is a decent player but at wrong end of 20. Rodri is better and younger with a higher ceiling. I don’t even think our midfield is much of a concern at the moment.

Serie A is a slower and more defensive league where Smalling is being considered for defender of the season. Furthermore Conte inflates the defensive ability of his players, so Skrinar and Bastoni might be extremely poor in the PL especially with Pep.

Martinez is a possibility, but his numbers are not as impressive as his hype. Maybe he would be amazing in our squad with Pep. Barca seem extremely interested and I doubt we have a better pull than them unless we commit to overpaying.

That's exactly how I feel about him. The Italian league has a way of making low level raw footballer look exceptional but its all a facade! I look back at the likes of Gaston Ramirez, Ricky Alvarez (the new kaka), Andrea Belotti (one season wonder boy) among others and I wonder what or rather how the Serie A get to keep the charade going, its like they build up average players with the hope that some sucker filled with cash comes along to pick up the player for an astronomical amount. Whne compared to the PL you find out that the players who did it 3 , 4 or even 5 years ago are still banging the goals in, Aguero, Vardy, Kane, Salah, Mane, KDB, Deeney etc , the sme could be said about the French ligue 1.

The serie A at the moment is all smoke and mirrors and I would suggest that we wait to see if Lautaro hits the same numbers next season, maybe even hit higher numbers and that shouldn't be too much to ask of him considering the fact that the number of goals he has this season doesn't justify the hype around him .

Agreed Garcia should be one of the CB players next season. Probably keep stones for the English quota and sell nico. Would love upamecano alongside Laporte though, absolute monster of a player already and I think he’s available for €50m?

Harwood Bellis should cover the English quota, Braaf is home grown also so I guess he could also help with the Quota situation, we need to move John along and fast. The time of sentiment is long gone.

Harwood Bellis should cover the English quota, Braaf is home grown also so I guess he could also help with the Quota situation, we need to move John along and fast. The time of sentiment is long gone.

Harwood-Bellis should be on loan next season; his development needs to be accelerated - he’s too good to be playing EDS with sporadic League Cup appearances, so I’d rather bring Tosin back to supplement the HG quota, and send THB to Blackburn to fill the Adarabioyo void.

Otamendi to Napoli to bring down the cost of Koulibaly would be ideal - we’ve got a raft of talented young defenders, so investing in the likes of Upamecano or Dias would be naive; we need somebody in their prime to come in and form a partnership with Laporte for the next 2/3 seasons.

That's exactly how I feel about him. The Italian league has a way of making low level raw footballer look exceptional but its all a facade! I look back at the likes of Gaston Ramirez, Ricky Alvarez (the new kaka), Andrea Belotti (one season wonder boy) among others and I wonder what or rather how the Serie A get to keep the charade going, its like they build up average players with the hope that some sucker filled with cash comes along to pick up the player for an astronomical amount. Whne compared to the PL you find out that the players who did it 3 , 4 or even 5 years ago are still banging the goals in, Aguero, Vardy, Kane, Salah, Mane, KDB, Deeney etc , the sme could be said about the French ligue 1.

The serie A at the moment is all smoke and mirrors and I would suggest that we wait to see if Lautaro hits the same numbers next season, maybe even hit higher numbers and that shouldn't be too much to ask of him considering the fact that the number of goals he has this season doesn't justify the hype around him .
Is this something you actually believe? Salah, for example, scored more than twice as many goals in his Liverpool debut season compared to his last season at Roma. Some players just fit different leagues and playing styles better, it's not that deep. "Smart" players usually shines in the Serie A whereas physical players thrive in Premier League and Bundesliga. Gundogan could probably be a stand out player in the Serie A, while maybe Lautaro's physicality would translate great to the PL and make him look a world beater

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.