Summer Transfers

Feels like there's a lot of rebuilding to be done this summer and not just for back up players. We'll need a first team ready RB with Cancelo likely to leave. There's still a question mark at LB (be that cover for Mendy or someone to replace him all together), two CBs one of whom needs to be ready to be a starter alongside laporte (with Stones and Otamendi leaving) and then with Sane and Silva leaving we need at least one world class forward minded player (Foden will likely be promoted and our attack minded players are pretty flexible but I think we'll need to bring at least one in if we're losing two). And there's still a case for a striker with Aguero entering his last season (but maybe that can wait a year). There's quite a bit to do really and I think the top of the table is likely to get a bit more competitive in coming seasons with United improving and Chelsea recruiting some top players.
Start of a new exciting cycle, hopefully with a lot more young players like Foden, Garcia, Adaradiayo, Doyle, Braaf etc...

bravo cancelo silva sane all depart.
my replacements
steffen,matt Doherty from wolves,foden,sancho

Start of a new exciting cycle, hopefully with a lot more young players like Foden, Garcia, Adaradiayo, Doyle, Braaf etc...

Yeah I think there's definitely some excitement around the opportunity to rebuild and give younger players a chance. But I think there's space for all of those to get a chance even after the new additions I'm suggesting. Like I think we'd still see plenty of Garcia and I think Foden is going to play a lot next year. I still think we need to bring a few in.

Yeah I think there's definitely some excitement around the opportunity to rebuild and give younger players a chance. But I think there's space for all of those to get a chance even after the new additions I'm suggesting. Like I think we'd still see plenty of Garcia and I think Foden is going to play a lot next year. I still think we need to bring a few in.
A few, I agree but not the 6 you suggest. I don't think we need that many, 3-4 first teamers at best is my guess.

Ederson, Steffen/Muric

Walker, Mendy, Cancelo, Angelino/Zinchenko/NEW LB
Laporte, Garcia, Stones, NEW LCB, Adaradiayo (THB out on loan)

Rodri, KDB, Foden, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Bernardo, DOYLE - Maybe 1 NEW CM, if Dinho is staying at CB and/or Gundogan is moving on as some have suggested.

Sterling, NEW LW, Mahrez, Braaf
Jesus, Aguero

Dias or Upamacano for Otamendi.
Anyone for Bravo
Chiwell for Zinchenko
Aouar for Silva - Gundogan moves back to the permanent six role or back up allowing foden to move up the pecking order.
Ferran Torres for Sane.

I still think we’re going to have an issue getting Otamendi out the door, and unless we can get him out, I doubt we’d sign a CB, which is terrifying.

Pep said it in his press conference. Said Sane will either go this year if a deal's agreed or next on a free. 2/3 extensions offered & rejected

This is where I think we’re still not learning off the field.

Admittedly before this formal statement all signs pointed towards a Sane exit from City.

However, to now confirm this puts the ball in the potential buyers court & inevitably will drive down the price.

We could learn a thing or two from the Chelski approach targeting players & getting straight in there & I certainly didn’t remember the club confirming a Hazard exit until a deal was all but completed.

This is where I think we’re still not learning off the field.

Admittedly before this formal statement all signs pointed towards a Sane exit from City.

However, to now confirm this puts the ball in the potential buyers court & inevitably will drive down the price.

We could learn a thing or two from the Chelski approach targeting players & getting straight in there & I certainly didn’t remember the club confirming a Hazard exit until a deal was all but completed.
your right. But we also bought Leroy for £40m four years ago. We have already assimilatated (or whatever the term is) his transfer fee on our Balance sheet.

Our transfer activity is not dependent on Leroy.
Bayern's summer depends on Leroy.

Our squad performance will not depend on Leory.
Bayern's will.

so really we have much much more to gain from Leroy staying Another Year. An Incredible Super Sub. And a Year is A Long time in football.

Bayern would most likely go for a cheap option and wait for Leroy. But if their season doesn't go according to plan... things can change quickly.

So tbh unless the Club & Pep sell him at THEIR FAIR PRICE, I honestly want to keep Leroy for The year, we have so so many advantages to gain, something that another signing "with the quality of Leroy" won't be able to provide...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.