Sun Jihai - your memories

Thanks for that- I thought he'd snuffed it!
I was at that game. Jamo being a clown once again. Those episodes really didn’t down his reputation any favours.

Sun was a decent enough footballer for the side we were back then. Never gave anyone any issues. Could play in a few positions and seemed a thoroughly nice chap.
Loved his reaction when Macken scored against spurs in the cup game.

I remember going to some players award thing at Coms (think it was player if the season). Anyway, we were in the car park near to the main entrance, waiting for players to arrive. All these nice cars are pulling up, Joey Barton, Richard Dunne etc then Sun pulls up in what looked like an old Vauxhall Frontera or something. Whatever it was it stood out compared to the other cars the players had arrived in.

He was a bit of an erratic player but gave his all pretty much every time he put on the blue shirt. There have been far worse players.

I remember listening to a game on Radio 5-Live when Alan Green was commentating. Sun Jihai got substituted late on. When his numer went up (17) Alan Green said 'that will be a chicken chow mein then!' and laughed his head off at his own joke. A totally racist comment and totally uncalled for. Not a single word was said by anyone in the media. Alan Green really had it in for us. A proper shithouse.

Great technique but shit execution. Remember Tarnat's chest high, cross field passes he used to drill at him. Sun would kill them dead perfectly, look up and pass the ball straight to the opposition

That time when he did had that awkward meeting for a press photo opp with David Cameron and the Chinese President.
Wasn't that Sergio?

3UY2HQF6F3534CHO4EXTSU73BY.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.