Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

Thats how I saw it. Could have played for another 90 min and we probably wouldn't have scored. We dominated the game and had no luck at all.

Offside goal, but City are never lucky we have to make our own luck.

We have 5 problems at the moment:
1) Death by passing is the ONLY method of attack.
2) The tempo of our passing does not reach the required speed to be effective till around the 70th minute.
3) It matters little what our strikers do running off the ball, getting free down the channels WE NEVER PASS TO THEM - the opposition defence only have to worry about closing the space down in front of them. Whenever Dzeko or Aguero gets free they NEVER receive the ball. This was the big change between City's attacking August - November this season to last season. Why has it stopped?
4) When opposition attacks break down our counter attacks are so slow it is painful. We wait for them to get everyone behind the ball.
5) Silva is only 75% effective at the moment.

Unless the above changes we will NOT win the league.
I will now go and head but a wall for an hour.

Fair enough that, but if any more of these "bad luck" matches happen soon he will need to start worrying a bit more imo.

Juan King said:
I got lifted before the game off some **** of a copper. Spent the day in the cells & missed the whole match. Got a caution for trying to enter a sports ground while intoxicated, if they charge everyone for that there would of been about 30k got arrested today.

Total shitter of a day. Thanks Northumbria Police.

Ah shame. No sympathy.

black mamba said:
Probably a fair assessment , and sometimes you do just get games where luck deserts you .....

but i did get the impression , from Mancinis touchline rantings , that one or two players either weren't doing enough , or were simply just doing the wrong things at times today .. he appeared extremely frustarted at times , like the rest of us!
TOf course he was right. Sunderland were sitting ducks waiting for us to pull the trigger. We beat ourselves with a bit of help from Sky TV forcing us to change half the team

Juan King said:
I got lifted before the game off some **** of a copper. Spent the day in the cells & missed the whole match. Got a caution for trying to enter a sports ground while intoxicated, if they charge everyone for that there would of been about 30k got arrested today.

Total shitter of a day. Thanks Northumbria Police.

Better result for you than having to watch the 90 minutes....

Unlucky mate.

;-)

Sky Blue said:
samharris said:
And since 1980 just how many times have City been top of the table ??? put there by the players being slagged off left right and centre today.

Fook me theres some over reacting going down today.

One of the few sane ones in a sea of shite....

Give them a little perspective...that usually calms them down.. :)

The problem with modern day football is that its all about the here and now, each individual game is hyped up and talked about as if its the defining game of the season and comments go from the sublime to the ridiculous whether it be on tv, radio, down the pub and on message boards such as Bluemoon.

Today we outplayed a poor Sunderland team whom are now being heralded no doubt as the best side to have battling team spirit since the old Crazy Gang of Wimbledon beat the Scousers in the FA Cup final 1988. The truth is that we actually played quite well, not brilliant but equally not poor and we were undone by an offside goal. Some you win and some you lose. However for Mr. Peter Reid and Mr. Niall Quinn whom despite they're obvious bias to Sunderland I would like to make it clear that irrespective of whether it was marginal or whether it was 10 yards offside the fact remains IT WAS OFFSIDE. Our willingness to push on and go for three points cost us at least one point and the chance to go clear at the top. Maybe its a lesson learnt to sometimes take the point and move on.

I do think the rotation system is required but I do think we're over using it with too many players each game being moved around and this is showing in our fluidity and movement. Players like Dzeko, Nasri and Johnson look to me like they're trying too hard to impress as if already knowing they're probably going to be dropped the next game. We was far too slow and predictable for the first hour until Silva and Aguero came on and by this stage two thirds of the game had passed and the frustration and urgency to score becomes more heightened and we're snatching at chances far too often. We have reached a defining period of games in our season and I do beleive Mancini should haul his players in and tell them for these next four or five games we start with our best 11 and replace players as the games progress. We brought these players here so that we get ourselves into cup semi's and fighting for league titles, i'm sure they want to be pushing on and doing that themselves. Prepare the players mentally to be ready for this next run of games because were a good team even though our confidence has taken a knock.

Every game is becoming a cup final, opposing fans are raising the noise levels to help their own teams fight the battle against us, hopefully the management will instill this into our own squad that we have to prepare for this if we want to be Champions. I still beleive we will win this league and today we was unfortunate, its still in our own hands but we must in my opinion start with our best 11 for the next 4-5 games. One thing that really pissed me off today was Cattermole being injured in the 85th minute and play not resuming until the 87th, were these 2 mins really added into the 3 mins injury time - I think not!

No, he is not right.
City's attack is one-dimensional at the moment. Pass-pas-pass-pass-pass (retain the ball for as long as possible). It matters little what our strikers do running off the ball, getting free down the channels WE NEVER PASS TO THEM - the opposition defence only have to worry about closing the space down in front of them. Whenever Dzeko or Aguero gets free they NEVER receive the ball. This was the big change between City's attacking August - November this season to last season. Why has it stopped?

To be fair we should have defended against the goal far better.

It was offside but we wouldnt have been complaining if Richards would have tucked that header away when he was offside.

People stop panicking. I hope for our sakes the team and management are far more relaxed than the fans on here are...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.