Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Each time we start with Zaba and Kolarov we struggle,its been proven to our cost on several occasions now.

It denies us both width and pace,two vital components given our formation as our play becomes very one dimensional and teams simply pack the middle of the park to counter us and hope for the break up field.

Today,unfortunately,the boss was stuck between a rock and a hard place given the next game in 48 hrs,however,he should have worried about that on Tues and played his best team today.All part of the learning curve i guess.

Still top of the league i see.....

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

Class. Along with being a fashionista, his demeanor is exemplary.

cupsforcockups said:
samharris said:
cupsforcockups said:
I suppose slagging off does no good but ffs take the blue tinted glasses off.Many more performances like this and the will be going to the swamp.They lost yesterday but scored two goals(usually enough to win a game).Today showed our lack of top quality when players need rest
Kolorov-not good enough
nasri-piss poor and if he ever makes a tackle he should be knighted,24m a and looks ordinary to me
De Jong-citys ray wilkins never plays a forward pass.A different outlook on the way we play football now,surplus to requirements
Johnson-2nd half woefull,thats why manchini should never start with him but he knows that
Dzeko-Terrible today,either must be kept in the side for a run because he has no confidence or used as a sub also either cannot or does not want to play as a lone striker.
Been watching city since 1980 so seen some bad times,maybe with all this money and players i am expecting to much or am i ?

And since 1980 just how many times have City been top of the table ??? put there by the players being slagged off left right and centre today.

Fook me theres some over reacting going down today.
Or is it that we are so desperate to see us win the league

We can still easily do that though my friend..half way through the season is all we are..our home form is the best in the prem and those around us are stuttering too.

FantasyIreland said:
Each time we start with Zaba and Kolarov we struggle,its been proven to our cost on several occasions now.

AK does nothing for me. His positional sense as a full back is virtually non existent and he has the pace of a 60 year asthmatic but that said, he didn't lose us that game today.

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

He may be right, but I think he's also in denial. If it wasn't common knowledge before, it is now. We have a real problem breaking down teams that are organised and have 8 men always behind the ball. When the rags and Spurs encounter this, they simply go down the flanks (where they both have serious pace) and they rain in cross after vicious cross. We just don't have that as an option. We have only one proper winger at the club and he is a big time Charlie who never delivers away from home and we have precious little pace nor anyone that could hit a cow's arse with a banjo when it comes to crossing the ball accurately. Similarly in midfield, Ya Ya Toure is a waste of time when space is at a premium. He thrives on galloping forward - as does Dzeko - not making bleep test type shuttle runs. He's just not built for it. Predictions of doom will doubtless be banned on here, but in all honesty I can't see an away win for love nor money. We're gonna get the bus parked in front of us from now til the end of the season I'm afraid, and I think both the rags and Spurs will finish above us, even though we're the better side, because they have what it takes to win on MOST of these occasions. We don't. Expect more of the same at home to Liverpool

I felt like Johnson was playing like a prick today, I wonder if his boyhood team meant more to him today than city did, played like a twat, the play generally was absolutely fucking disgusting but not something that surprised me, the pressure was on and we fucked it, same old story I'm afraid, WE NEED A FUCKING REPLACEMENT FOR THE POISONOUS TEVEZ ASAP!!!! Edin dzeko is a fucking amateur, baliotelli is to unpredictable, ffs sign a world class finisher and employ dzeko to show others how not to play!!!!!

samharris said:
cupsforcockups said:
samharris said:
And since 1980 just how many times have City been top of the table ??? put there by the players being slagged off left right and centre today.

Fook me theres some over reacting going down today.
Or is it that we are so desperate to see us win the league

We can still easily do that though my friend..half way through the season is all we are..our home form is the best in the prem and those around us are stuttering too.
Agree with you

[b:3372yyad]newmcfcfan[/b] said:
I felt like Johnson was playing like a prick today, I wonder if his boyhood team meant more to him today than city did, played like a twat, the play generally was absolutely fucking disgusting but not something that surprised me, the pressure was on and we fucked it, same old story I'm afraid, WE NEED A FUCKING REPLACEMENT FOR THE POISONOUS TEVEZ ASAP!!!! Edin dzeko is a fucking amateur, baliotelli is to unpredictable, ffs sign a world class finisher and employ dzeko to show others how not to play!!!!!

Name says it all!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.