Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Mackem Jack said:
Sunderland fan here, first of all im not going to gloat.

I thought you played okay today, but why didnt he start with Silva? Bit of an arrogant attitude to leave your most creative and technical player on the bench When he linked with Aguero you created chances and if youd had him for 90 mins, surely would have scored.

You were unlucky today, Ji looks slightly offside and you hit the bar twice, Richards was offside for his shot against the bar mind as well. With a bit more width and penetration you would have won, possession is easy for you but you need someone to unlock the door. On another day you win that game 2-0.

Dzeko, Nasri, Johnson and De Jong i thought were all under-performing and in the end your lazy players not tracking back cos you a point. Which you deserved. We wanted it more that was it. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Good luck for the rest of the season though. Jack.

Fair play. Sums it up well

You were the better side all game and lost, I was happy with a point before and with 2 minutes of extra time, its not the first or last team thats been hit with a sucker punch, we have had lots.

WillD SAFC fan

ps hope you destroy NUFC

i8rags said:
blueinsa said:
i8rags said:
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

Spot on mate.
How you doing pal, all the best and that.

All good and the same to you and yours pal.

Bob got it wrong today and whilst he has been exceptional this year, he is still prone to getting it horribly wrong at times and today was one of those days for me.

AK at full back with no fitness, no pace and no positional sense, Nige as a holding player against a team he knew would park the proverbial bus. No Silva who would give us the spark to break through the bus and Dzeko for 90 mins whilst leaving himself unable to get the lad off.

Why cant we start the game at the right pace and tempo with the best 11 available and get the points in the bag before deciding to ease off the gas and give players rests?

We will become incredibly easy to play against if we decide to become a team that has possession for possession sakes instead of one that uses it effectively.

Criminal to concede as we did as well despite it being offside.

Still top though and happy days but frustrated isn't the word.

Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Burtonblue said:
Might as well blame the crossbar for getting in the way twice!

The side today created easily enough to win the game - just failed to convert chances and lost to a last minute OFFSIDE sucker punch goal.
Blame players, not the manager.
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

Bindi Bundi said:
We need some pace in the team.

i would be tempted to play richards and clichy in every single pl game from now on until the league is won or lost, the system needs quick fullbacks

Bluephoria said:
Mackem Jack said:

I thought you played okay today, but why didnt he start with Silva? Bit of an arrogant attitude to leave your most creative and technical player on the bench When he linked with Aguero you created chances and if youd had him for 90 mins, surely would have scored.

You were unlucky today, Ji looks slightly offside and you hit the bar twice, Richards was offside for his shot against the bar mind as well. With a bit more width and penetration you would have won, possession is easy for you but you need someone to unlock the door. On another day you win that game 2-0.

Dzeko, Nasri, Johnson and De Jong i thought were all under-performing and in the end your lazy players not tracking back cos you a point. Which you deserved. We wanted it more that was it. The atmosphere was fantastic.

45 points from 19 matches: a good effort by anyone's standards.

Home win against Liverpool and it'll all be forgotten.

A bit of a cliche but true: even the best go through a bad patch.

Think there's nothing in it between Man Utd and Man City: 50/50 call.

We've lost 4 times this season ( I think ). In 3 of them the decisions definitely went against us. ( Bayern - two penalties denied, Chelsea - penalty denied, Sunderland - marginal offside goal ). I'm sure there are games where we have benefited from decisions but I think we are due a few rub of the greens in our favour. All in all 2011 was probably the single best year in City's history. Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

black-cat said:
LoveCity said:
I think the goal was offside but we didn’t get the decision and now we have to move on.

Don't think any other manager would say this, Mancini is about the only one in the league who isn't up in arms - when he has every right to be considering how many times bad decisions have cost us this season (Munich, Chelsea, and today being three examples).
The sky camera's ask way too much of a linesman, by the time the ball went through Ji had come back and was on-side

lol, says the Sunderland fan.

It was quite clearly offside. Enjoy the win, as lucky as it was

Sunderland said:
Bluephoria said:
Mackem Jack said:

45 points from 19 matches: a good effort by anyone's standards.

Home win against Liverpool and it'll all be forgotten.

A bit of a cliche but true: even the best go through a bad patch.

Think there's nothing in it between Man Utd and Man City: 50/50 call.

I must say this just proves how much of a good a great manager Alex Ferguson is. This is probs his worst squad since he has been at United, and they have a shit load of injuries BUT despite that they are level on points with you. Any other manager bar Ferguson and Mourinho would be miles behind you guys.

I still think you will win it. I fancy United to drop points in their tough away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.