Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Bluemanc100 said:
+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play
Lose today but win on Tuesday is illogical, win today rest on Tuesday and have longer to beat the rag twats with rested players makes more sense, but for me win them both go six points clear and put them right under pressure when they come to us is what I wanted, but hey you can't have it all.
I echo your feelings of frustration at how today has worked out, but have to say that my priority would be to beat the rags and scouse and therefore keep my best players for those games, given that our second string should be plenty good enough to beat Sunderland's.

If RM had sent Silva out in the first half for him to get injured today and miss out on the next 2 games people would have been banging on about how Silva should have been rested against Sunderland....RM would have been criticised for not using the depth of talent at his disposal.

To be fair to the manager he did put Silva on after 60 mins as things weren't going to plan but it wasn't to be our day.

Beat Liverpool on tuesday and all will be well...

As it is we risked him today. What Silva exhausted in the 30 mins more or less IMO equate to the 60 mins that he would have to expend if he was to start with. Not to cite the physical and mentally exhausting efforts of the others talented players chasing the winner.

At the end of the day we lost! In more watys than one!

hilts said:
it'sintheblood! said:
quote="Ducado"]All discussion in here please all other threads will be deleted or merged

Not read all responses, but for me it was a game against Sunderland today not l'pool, so why not start with clichy, richards, silva, mario n aquero amd worry about pool tuesday.Also gotta stope bleating about having to play 2 games in 48 hrs...

If you believe like all managers seem to believe that players need to be rested especially at this time of year then no one can really argue with mancini's team selection today. If however you think players dont need resting then he got it wrong.

I personally think nowadays it is impossible not to have to rotate your team for other reasons as well as fitness[/quote]

hilts, no probs with rotation but todays selection cost us, RM should have focused on today coz we have home advantage tuesday, thats when we can rest/rotate.

it'sintheblood! said:
hilts said:
it'sintheblood! said:
quote="Ducado"]All discussion in here please all other threads will be deleted or merged

Not read all responses, but for me it was a game against Sunderland today not l'pool, so why not start with clichy, richards, silva, mario n aquero amd worry about pool tuesday.Also gotta stope bleating about having to play 2 games in 48 hrs...

If you believe like all managers seem to believe that players need to be rested especially at this time of year then no one can really argue with mancini's team selection today. If however you think players dont need resting then he got it wrong.

I personally think nowadays it is impossible not to have to rotate your team for other reasons as well as fitness

hilts, no probs with rotation but todays selection cost us, RM should have focused on today coz we have home advantage tuesday, thats when we can rest/rotate.[/quote]

Question:

Who would you rather rotate players against?

a) Sunderland (just above relegation places)
b) Liverpool (we all hate them)
c) Manure (we all hate them even more)

a) for me 100% of the time

Today was one of those results that just happen in football.
We just have to take it on the chin and move on.
Roll on tuesday when we can be at full strength and stuff the dippers!

Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

Do you think they will? No chance. This has got defend all game and hit us on the break written all over it.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

Do you think they will? No chance. This has got defend all game and hit us on the break written all over it.

Time will tell, Gerrard back, they'll fancy it I think, hit us while vulnerable (or seemingly so)

it'sintheblood! said:
hilts said:
it'sintheblood! said:

I personally think nowadays it is impossible not to have to rotate your team for other reasons as well as fitness

hilts, no probs with rotation but todays selection cost us, RM should have focused on today coz we have home advantage tuesday, thats when we can rest/rotate.[/quote]

i cant agree that liverpool at home is an easier game than sunderland away, if we had played our first 11 today and won which we might not have done anyhow and then played dzeko kolorov de jong against liverpool and lost he would have got shit anyhow

the only question and point worth discussing imo is do we have to rotate so often?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:

Think Kenny will set them up to have a go at us. Not his style to park the bus to be fair.
He will be aware that all teams who have tried to stop us playing have come off worse at our ground so may well think wtf and go for it (I hope)
Bring it on.

Wow Cant believe i have just read 32 pages of fickle shite, some of you are unbelievable.
Yes we got mugged, Yes the goal was offside, yes some players under performed but by christ i cant believe some of the comments. "get rid of Dzeko" "Johnson shouldnt play again" "Ya Ya was shite" "Mancini doesnt know what hes doing". Perhaps some of you should look at yourselves and ask the question about your commitment to this project. This is going to be hard and maybe it could go down to the wire, but if you ever thought we would have this league tied up by March your as unblievalble as some of your comments. I even read one comment about not going to Liverpool now they have lost, GOOD you would probably be booing after five minutes anyway plus if you was a real fan you would go anyway .
Get real and get behind the boys and stop being so fickle!

citychad64 said:
Wow Cant believe i have just read 32 pages of fickle shite, some of you are unbelievable.
Yes we got mugged, Yes the goal was offside, yes some players under performed but by christ i cant believe some of the comments. "get rid of Dzeko" "Johnson shouldnt play again" "Ya Ya was shite" "Mancini doesnt know what hes doing". Perhaps some of you should look at yourselves and ask the question about your commitment to this project. This is going to be hard and maybe it could go down to the wire, but if you ever thought we would have this league tied up by March your as unblievalble as some of your comments. I even read one comment about not going to Liverpool now they have lost, GOOD you would probably be booing after five minutes anyway plus if you was a real fan you would go anyway .
Get real and get behind the boys and stop being so fickle!

You should post more often....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.