Sunderland Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Laertes said:
Sick of Mancini and I doubt I'm the only one.

No pace, no width and no penetration.

It is beyond me that any manager at this level can think that the answer to team's parking the bus, is to play a slow-tempo, narrow game with the players restricted to shooting inside the 18-yard box and the only creative option being through-balls through the centre.

We need pace and either a true wide option or a true deep-lying playmaker.

we won the league palying that way. We have never played with wingers and guess what we won the league not playing with wingers
We overpowered teams last season in the second half of games but that was when de Jong released Toure. That system doesn't work against a massed defence & Garcia is not de Jong.
Lets be honest the rags blew the league & we almost blew it twice. Bacon face is not going to let that happen this season. We are weaker they have strengthened so unless we sign some quality and have a change of tactics we are stuffed..

Awful, awful performance! Lazy with no pace, no creativity! Cant continue like this! Mancini says same shits again and again but he didnt learn anything! And Lescott upfront?! WTF was that?! And wheres Mancinis child Balotelli?!

80s Shorts said:
YourBirdCanSing22 said:
zark said:
no difference to any season under 4-2-3-1 formation and zonal marking.
nothing is different to last season

big problem is/was
johnson/je jong out
sinclair/garcia in

poor signings [except for the natastijc]

Blame the manager if you like. He won us our first title in 44 years, outsmarting the best manager in English football on the way. He then told Marwood & Khaldoon he needed Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi to strengthen for a title defence.

He got Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair.

We let De Jong go because we wouldn't pay him what he asked for, and bring in TWO worse players to replace him. Why?

I doubt it was all Marwood. Though he was definitely part of it. Personally I think Kahldoon has a lot to answer for also. A mixture of inexperience, arrogance and people thinking they knew better than the manager who had just won the title could well cost us our defence of it.

Sack the board lol. You muppet.

Don't think he said that but alright. Me saying Hart was at fault for the goals now means sack Hart. Just stick to the usual

"Giv ur ed a wobble"

"is it school holidays!"

When you can't think of a reply.

Watching City is like pulling teeth at the moment.

Do City players simply not understand what ALWAYS happens if they allow the tempo of a game to start slowly - or - (as today) to drop after a good start?
Can City players actually go faster than jog pace on the counter attack?
Can City players actually shoot from 20+ yards? We could have had about 60 attempts today.
As to Tevez and Aguero they are stinking the place out at the moment.

It's going to be a grim new year.

I don't enjoy watching city at the moment. There is no drive or cohesion. No masterplan or general gameplan. The more the team play together the more they look like strangers. Are they being over coached?
The amount of times the play is slowed down around the opponents penalty area is criminal. Too much time is taken to find the perfect pass. Trouble ahead.

Their goal shouldn't have counted. I still think we can catch up to United, Tottenham can hopefully take points off them when they go to WHL and any other team mid table/bottom of table(doesn't matter) CAN also help us out, very rare. Faith in Mancini, but Lescott on for Garcia(Def on for mid when chasing the game) is the worst decision ever by Mancini. All of our strikers are on a dip of form can't blame Mancini for this. What I can blame him for is why but Sinclair if you're not going to use him? Some here have called him a master tactician, where was the tactics today?

Redcroc12 said:
God knows how many points behind United and the Chavs are catching up. Not good at all, not good. This has got to change, sloppy games against midtable sides is simply not good enough, and if this continues to happen then it's goodbye 2nd title in a row. This has to be the last.

Hmmm...smells a bit this one.

nellyonthewing said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Laertes said:
Sick of Mancini and I doubt I'm the only one.

No pace, no width and no penetration.

It is beyond me that any manager at this level can think that the answer to team's parking the bus, is to play a slow-tempo, narrow game with the players restricted to shooting inside the 18-yard box and the only creative option being through-balls through the centre.

We need pace and either a true wide option or a true deep-lying playmaker.

we won the league palying that way. We have never played with wingers and guess what we won the league not playing with wingers
We overpowered teams last season in the second half of games but that was when de Jong released Toure. That system doesn't work against a massed defence & Garcia is not de Jong.
Lets be honest the rags blew the league & we almost blew it twice. Bacon face is not going to let that happen this season. We are weaker they have strengthened so unless we sign some quality and have a change of tactics we are stuffed..

de jong barely played last season, how are we weaker we have the same team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.