Supporting Two Teams?

You think Scotland doesn’t have tribalism? Lol

Scotland has the highest attendances per capita…

Scotland has by far the biggest football attendance per capita in Europe, 65 % higher than the 2nd placed Netherlands.

I know a few people who attend Scotland games but don’t go to club matches. Most are bored middle class , middle aged men who use the excuse of international football to get away for a few days Bevvy with their mates and away from their wife’s. The football is very much secondary to having a laugh and a few drinks
No. I think Scotland has a very weak league though and they'd be more chance of folk not bothering with domestic football and throwing themselves all in with the National side.

You think Scotland doesn’t have tribalism? Lol

Scotland has the highest attendances per capita…

Scotland has by far the biggest football attendance per capita in Europe, 65 % higher than the 2nd placed Netherlands.

I know a few people who attend Scotland games but don’t go to club matches. Most are bored middle class , middle aged men who use the excuse of international football to get away for a few days Bevvy with their mates and away from their wife’s. The football is very much secondary to having a laugh and a few drinks
I’d echo that sentiment, loads of middle aged guys who want a bevvy supporting Scotland in Football and Rugby. It doesn’t help though that Scottish Premier league football is gash, it’s been ruined by the dominance of both Glasgow clubs

They told me something that I thought was very strange. That a high percentage of fans of the Holland national team don’t support any club. Just the national team and that’s it.

Never heard of that before or since. Suppose they could have been taking the piss. But it seems a bit of a shit, pointless joke if they were.
I lived there for a few years. Never met anyone who didn't support a club side as well as the national team.

No. I think Scotland has a very weak league though and they'd be more chance of folk not bothering with domestic football and throwing themselves all in with the National side.
Facts say you’re wrong.

League is ranked in the Top 10

More people per capita go to our league football than in England

Funny that this started with someone claiming Dutch don’t go to their league football but the facts are The Netherlands are second per capita

Facts say you’re wrong.

Funny that this started with someone claiming Dutch don’t go to their league football but the facts are The Netherlands are second per capita
It’s hard to argue that Scottish football isn’t shite though, that is unless you support either of the ugly sisters or your fighting for relegation. What’s the point, where’s the interest (bar a few European matches) when at the start of the season only two teams can win the league, it’s been only one team for a lot of that time, it’s shite as a spectacle and the level of football is garbage when compared to watching City. Most people I know won’t bother to tune in and watch Celtic v Rangers games anymore, fans of most other clubs are apoplectic as to who wins, if you don’t have a dog in the fight (a Scottish team) then why would you watch Scottish football. The best thing for the league would be to increase the amount of teams to 40 and just play each team once.

Last edited:
Facts say you’re wrong.

Not sure that being a top 10 league bolsters any argument really. It's still a shite league to watch regardless, and anybody who isn't from Scotland, in general probably aren't arsed about it.

So, I wondered whether the Tartan Army would have a large proportion of their support that just aren't bothered about domestic football and are only bothered about their national team. Especially from towns or areas like for example Stranraer.

You regularly see fantastic support in England for 4th or 5th tier football clubs. You don't in Scotland. Obviously other factors like size of towns and population have to be considered.

Not sure that being a top 10 league bolsters any argument really. It's still a shite league to watch regardless, and anybody who isn't from Scotland, in general probably aren't arsed about it.

So, I wondered whether the Tartan Army would have a large proportion of their support that just aren't bothered about domestic football and are only bothered about their national team. Especially from towns or areas like for example Stranraer.

You regularly see fantastic support in England for 4th or 5th tier football clubs. You don't in Scotland. Obviously other factors like size of towns and population have to be considered.
Rangers have supporters clubs worldwide so this ‘no one outside of Scotland’ is just nonsense. We actually have supporters clubs throughout England!

You given your opinion and I’ve given you facts and I’ll leave it there. I’m away to Loch Lomond for a late lunch. Enjoy your day

You are right, someone from Stranraer probably picks Rangers or Celtic for support. Scotland is full of glory hunters supporting Rangers and Celtic, Scottish football is terrible

Rangers have supporters clubs worldwide so this ‘no one outside of Scotland’ is just nonsense. We actually have supporters clubs throughout England!

You given your opinion and I’ve given you facts and I’ll leave it there. I’m away to Loch Lomond for a late lunch. Enjoy your day
Not sure why you've got your knickers in a twist.
It's a weak league regardless of attendees per capita and I wondered whether the Tartan Army had a large proportion of supporters that are all in with the national side and don't bother with domestic football, similar to what a poster on this thread had been told by Dutch supporters.

Enjoy your late lunch in Loch Lomand. I prefer Lochgoilhead myself.

You are right, someone from Stranraer probably picks Rangers or Celtic for support. Scotland is full of glory hunters supporting Rangers and Celtic, Scottish football is terrible
Scottish football is absolutely shit.
About the same standard as American league or 3rd tier in norway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.