Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Gutted about today, but will need to lose one more before the derby before I am distraught. The worst thing about today, for me, was that the urgency and desire to get the ball into the box and shots on goal was only after Swansea went up one. Far too passive in the face of a quite brilliantly parked bus, they closed down yaya, nasri and silver relentlessly using the spare men.

Its there to be won, now win it.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
tommyhair said:
Calm down, 10 games to go, Swansea were good, end of

Exaactly, there are only 10 games to go and we can't afford performances like that. Swansea were good but that doesn't mean that City weren't worryingly poor.

If you tune out everyone who's throwing their toys out of the pram and everyone who's throwing their toys out of the pram at people throwing their toys out of the pram, you'll find everyone who's left agrees that it isn't over but we were very poor today and must improve immediately.

Of course it isn't over. As long as we stay within 2 or 3 points then it is still in our own hands. Looking at their run in though, I'm not sure how many more performance like today we can afford. One maybe? The thing that worries me is, where has this sudden lack of intensity come from? The last two matches have been different from anything we have seen this season imo. At least in other matches we have lost, we have had plenty of possession and just been unable to cut through teams with every man behind the ball. The last two matches have just drifted without us looking anywhere near as focused or interested.

2 goals in the last 6 away games and think both of them were from set peices, Dzeko at Wigan and Lescott at Villa.
For all our attacking threat, something is wrong with us away from home and it has been since December

hertsblue said:
2 goals in the last 6 away games and think both of them were from set peices, Dzeko at Wigan and Lescott at Villa.
For all our attacking threat, something is wrong with us away from home and it has been since December

This....and this is why it will cost us.

Can anyone really see us winning at Arsenal playing like we do away?

It has been a concern since Chelsea away and it has not been addressed at all.

We might as well go for it now though as the pressure is back on them.

Nasri hasnt got the bottle for away matches and should only start at home. Pizzarro might as well get a chance and Yaya needs to drop deeper away.

hertsblue said:
¨
Exactly....i think our away form will lose us the league. Let's be honest. Our remaining away games aren't easy. Stoke, Norwich, ARSENAL are all very tough away games. We can't rely on set-pieces there. We really have to pull ourselves together because if our away form continues like this. We will drop points in all of those away games.

BillyShears said:
If you tune out everyone who's throwing their toys out of the pram and everyone who's throwing their toys out of the pram at people throwing their toys out of the pram, you'll find everyone who's left agrees that it isn't over but we were very poor today and must improve immediately.

Are you a joiner Billy ?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
BillyShears said:

Are you a joiner Billy ?

No, but I can put 2 and 2 together .... ;)

BillyShears said:

If you keep flirting with sensibleness then you may even become my mate and my fellow DJ.

BillyShears said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
BillyShears said:

Are you a joiner Billy ?

No, but I can put 2 and 2 together .... ;)

As well as Vorderman apparently ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.