Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

someone had a thread about staying in lisbon late n was worried we could not prepare well. I think he was bang on going by the half arsed performances today..we are in a title run in, not a bloody sun bathing holiday. And the fookers moaning about moaners make it more embarrasing.

citymad said:
Sky Blue said:
citymad said:
can anyone hand on heart say that we can still win the title. Even if we had won today it would've taken a miracle to get max points against a resurgent arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea and Stoke. Utd will now run away with it. I say sow up 2nd place and really go for the europa league.

Why not, there is only 1 point in it at the moment

Sparkys-Army said:
TCIB said:
Savic needs to go to another club on loan or something as now he is costing us more than we can accomodate.
I would feel in safer hands with Zabba or someone in central defense for a patchup job.

Swansea are a good team and hard to break down.
We should be winning these matches if we want to be champs though and a silly cow flagging offside goal for what is defo not offside does not help.

We need to pull our thumb out away from home and really make formations when Silva and Yaya are not in it work better.

To be fair, it was offside though.
WAS IT FUCK, the woman got it right mate :(

Jumanji said:
This is NOT kneejerk:

Hindsight is 20/20, but with it I wish Bobby played Pizarro instead of Nasri. Pizzaro can keep position, but also deliver the incisive pass that Nasri can't (or doesn't).

Also, he subbed Aguero for Barry...maybe should have done it for De Jong (who was already on a yellow card).

No manager will get everything right. Don't forget the other manager has studied us as well. Swansea were given instructions on how to beat or stifle us.

Teams have realised that if you stay tight to Silva, and keep an eye on Yaya no one can and will create for us.

Nasri is supposed to, but with him is like playing with 10 men. He holds the ball well, but cannot provide an incisive pass. In other words he provides almost nothing offensively. He is only a body.

Once again, perfect game for Pizarro, who would have given us what Nasri lacks.

There was such a disconnect between our midfield and attack today. No one could get the balls to our forwards.

Yaya realised this and tried to take on the job himself to get the ball to our strikers. By then, all the Swansea players knew that Yaya was looking for openings, so they stayed on their toes.

This is where Nasri and Silva SHOULD be helping Yaya create, but both were quiet, and Nasri in particular was very poor.

Great post and sums up what went wrong today. I reckon you should approach Mancini to replace Kidd or Platt.

Re: Saw Savic was starting so he backed Swans with £100

mancmackem said:
At what odds mate?
Will try and find out mate, didn't bother asking at the time as I was too busy laughing (have you ever laughed when you've been seriously annoyed, it's a weird sensation). He said he's willing to donate the small amount of winnings to whatever team shows interest Savic lol... Guess is a few hundred, will ask though.

I think this could be the result that does decide the title. If we haven't been given a kick up the arse to win every game after today, I don't know what will. There's more to come in this title race.

Re: Saw Savic was starting so he backed Swans with £100

Blue Smarties said:
mancmackem said:
At what odds mate?
Will try and find out mate, didn't bother asking at the time as I was too busy laughing (have you ever laughed when you've been seriously annoyed, it's a weird sensation). He said he's willing to donate the small amount of winnings to whatever team shows interest Savic lol... Guess is a few hundred, will ask though.

swansea were 5/1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.