Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Kick up the ass and a win (and progress) on Thursday, rest and another kick up the ass followed by a win against Chelsea and we'll be back on track.

Buck stops with the boss. We walk straight into these traps allowing teams to second guess our line-up and formation and plan accordingly. How about just catching them out for once with a 4-4-2 , AJ and Kola being told to get chalk on their boots and ping them in for Dzeko & Balo. Then the oppo would be on the back foot from the off. Our one-dimensionality is at times frankly mind- boggling
Too many players having off days doesn´t help matters either

Outrages display today, but it's not right time for crying.
We have to see what are we doing wrong and improve for the following matches.

We too easilly blame individual players, especially strikers if there is no goal even at times when they don't get ball at all.

We have to look into problem from different angles. I believe these are the main problems we are having:
- We play shit hot to shit good from match to match. There is no variety in our play. Passing in the middle of the pitch too easy to read, however works with many teams especially at home. Do we practice any alternative play. Perhaps fast attacks through wings, wingers switching sides. We are lacking that big time.
- We never attack from the air. Not saying that should be our game plan, but should be part of the variety, unpredictability
- We play too defensivelly given how good strikers we have
Actually we have much better strikers than deffenders. That suggests itself how we should be playing.
- Mancini's talk to media affects confidence of current player
Every so often he goes to the media with cavany, de rossi, van persie, higuain
If he has plans to bring somebody he should not be going into media commenting any of that. I think this is major issue right now.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Tevez City said:
Marvin said:
Savic is just a kid. Give him a break. All players make mistakes, and his needn't have led to a goal

I know all players make mistakes, thats why I said no one to blame but Mancini.
All managers make mistakes, also.

Of course, but Mancini is not willing to learn from his poor away record.

Look at Barcelona for example, they don't change their strongest 11 home or away.

Same thing for U*shited, they always field an attacking line up.

Usually we complain from teams who park the bus and not play football, while Swansea were up to it tonight and played an attacking football, so it was better for us to play more adventurous attacking line up.

Something like

AJ____ Yaya_____Nasri____Silva

______Mario_____Aguero______

gutted shit result,but we move on,ten games to go no way will utd win all ten matches time for all of us to believe,we have not become a bad team overnight

A disappointing performance today. We had a fair bit of possession in the second half but struggled to make anything of it. A few players didn't get into the game, most notably David Silva but he can't take the full blame. I though the defence coped okay for the most part other than the goal. Sure, Savic and Yaya got their wires crossed to give the ball away but we were back in position when the ball finally came across to be met by an unmarked man.

I was pretty sure we'd drop points somewhere between now and the end of the season as i'm sure United will do at some stage too. Hopefully thats our lot now!

Tevez City said:
Tevez City said:

Look at Barcelona for example, they don't change their strongest 11 home or away.

Usually we complain from teams who park the bus and not play football, while Swansea were up to it tonight and played an attacking football, so it was better for us to play more adventurous attacking line up.

Something like

RM would never start an away match without a DM!

That said today would have been a good one to change his habit!

I would have gone with Barry instead of AJ (Yaya and Barry seem to have a good record when they start in midfield and the front 4 would have given Swansea a lot more to think about!

Tevez City said:
Tevez City said:

Something like

Surely the asterisk is irrelevant the way you're using it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.