Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Fri 7th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope we give a coupe of youngsters a chance in this.

This is a League Two Team.

Palmer for one, and Kayky for a debut surely. Then McAtee who's agent/father probably aint happy with the lack of opportunity this season, also hope a loan deal is being found for him for 6 months. He can play 15-20 games in Champo opposed to 50 minutes he can expect at City first team.
and maybe one of youth defenders who cna play on the left assuming if Zinchenko still out with covid.or move Ake to left and ply a youngster CB.

what I dont want to see is Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo playing 90 minutes in this game. but Pep might do that, he has track record of things like this.

if the game is tricky and we are not 3-0 up then bring on KDB, Jesus etc.

there are no replays so goes to extra time worst case scenario. but against Swindon I bloody hope not...

I would hope we give a coupe of youngsters a chance in this.

This is a League Two Team.

Palmer for one, and Kayky for a debut surely. Then McAtee who's agent/father probably aint happy with the lack of opportunity this season, also hope a loan deal is being found for him for 6 months. He can play 15-20 games in Champo opposed to 50 minutes he can expect at City first team.
and maybe one of youth defenders who cna play on the left assuming if Zinchenko still out with covid.or move Ake to left and ply a youngster CB.

what I dont want to see is Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo playing 90 minutes in this game. but Pep might do that, he has track record of things like this.

if the game is tricky and we are not 3-0 up then bring on KDB, Jesus etc.

there are no replays so goes to extra time worst case scenario. but against Swindon I bloody hope not...

I’d similarly like to see the aforesaid youngsters get a run out.
We have a small squad, we never know when we’ll need them and it helps to get them bedded in with the senior players.
I’d prefer to see their run out start when we’re 3-0 up though :-)

Big side physically ……Kayky will get eaten alive !
Front 3 of Grealish / Palmer / Jesus
Swindon hoping we play lots of youngsters as they fancy their chances against such a team.
Their defence is weak point, but midfield and forwards are handy. Don’t underestimate them….

We have 6 days between Arsenal and Swindon. And 8 days between Swindon and Chelsea. That is enough for every player to make a full recovery for each match. There’s no way Pep is letting the big hitters not play for 2 weeks and lose rhythm. So people will be disappointed with our team for this one. The only players left out will be the covid cases and injuries.

We have 6 days between Arsenal and Swindon. And 8 days between Swindon and Chelsea. That is enough for every player to make a full recovery for each match. There’s no way Pep is letting the big hitters not play for 2 weeks and lose rhythm. So people will be disappointed with our team for this one. The only players left out will be the covid cases and injuries.
Trust in Pep. I am going to the game so rather see a full strength team than academy players. I can see academy players when I go and watch Chelsea v City on Jan 24th.

Forward Tyreece Simpson 19 (on loan from Ipswich) is a Man City fan, he was in & against my Sons various youth teams from the Gt Yarmouth area from the age of 8 to 16.
Clearly strong & quick I would have said you were mad if any of those players were to have played a competitive game against City, good luck to the boy (he's a fine lad), just not Friday.

This is the team I’d like to see start.

Steffen
Walker
Stones
Ake
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Foden
Grealish
Jesus
Palmer

Though as we have eight days after this til the next game I reckon Pep will still go with Dias, Cancelo, Rodri and Laporte.

I know its on BBC....but what are the best pubs in Town to watch City? Thinking of going there for a change with a few lads.

The chance to make 5 changes coupled with the desire to maintain our rhythm means that Pep will likely start the game with a strong team and if everything goes to plan he will sub in 2-3 youngsters. Palmer may get a start, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.