SWP thread

pudge said:
mackenzie said:
Jesus, he burnt his bridges for me when he effed off to Chelsea. He was my favourite player until that point but that was it for me.
I'm assuming you meant to say, "when he saved the club by joining Chelsea..."

Very much this ^^^^

Same has happened again in the fact it was out of his hands and no choice but to leave.

Hard for him to take as he wanted to finish his playing days here, but that's football?

Top lad..........good luck!

pudge said:
mackenzie said:
pudge said:
I'm assuming you meant to say, "when he saved the club by joining Chelsea..."
Yeah, SWP the martyr of MCFC.
I'm sure that was the first thing he thought of when he signed the dotted line.
If he didn't agree to join Chelsea the club would have been without a paddle.
You think I don't know that?
Of course I do, it's just that I don't see it as some kind of self sacrifice that others do.

mackenzie said:
Bluemoon115 said:
mackenzie said:
Jesus, he burnt his bridges for me when he effed off to Chelsea. He was my favourite player until that point but that was it for me.
Even though, rather like this time, he went kicking and screaming?
Kicking and screaming the first time? He couldn't wait to get in his car and speed off. And that after nearly a whole season of telling the press how much he loved City and had no intention of leaving.
I know for a fact he was in tears as he was on his way to London. He went because we had a £62m debt which was rising, very little in terms of revenue and a £21m bid on the table.

He wanted to give it at least another year.

Bluemoon115 said:
mackenzie said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Even though, rather like this time, he went kicking and screaming?
Kicking and screaming the first time? He couldn't wait to get in his car and speed off. And that after nearly a whole season of telling the press how much he loved City and had no intention of leaving.
I know for a fact he was in tears as he was on his way to London. He went because we had a £62m debt which was rising, very little in terms of revenue and a £21m bid on the table.

He wanted to give it at least another year.
And I remember the interview he gave with the Chelsea shirt. Didn't look too upset and I don't think he mentioned us once.

I am not looking forward to playing at QPR now, SWP and Barton will be unplayable.

Corky said:
I am not looking forward to playing at QPR now, SWP and Barton will be unplayable.

Don't forget Anton.
Seriously though, I hope Shaun does really well and maybe gets an England place back. He's still good enough to get it the squad and will score goals at QPR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.