SWP thread

Shaun Wright-Phillips is on the verge of a move to QPR, talkSPORT understands.

The winger has been frozen out at Manchester City by boss Roberto Mancini and did not even make the bench for their opening two Premier League games.

Bolton, Stoke and Wigan have all registered an interest in the 29-year-old, who has a year left on his contract at the Etihad Stadium.

But the ex-Chelsea man is believed to favour a return to London and has held positive talks with Neil Warnock over a move to Loftus Road.

Warnock hopes to wrap up a deal for the England international before this weekend's trip to Wigan and is also close to landing Joey Barton on a free transfer from Newcastle.

Would like to thank "Shauny" in advance, for all his input and desire over the years and wish him well in his future IF he decides to join Q.P.R.
Thanks blue.

Hope we don't need a result against them on the last day, hope we've already won the title and they've secured safety, then we can have a fun afternoon and sing shauny wright's name.

york away to this! said:
one of my all time faves - despite f@cking off to chelsea....

good luck sweep!
If he didn't 'fuck off to Chelsea' we'd have been without a paddle

york away to this! said:

good luck sweep!

When you say f@cking off to chelsea, I presume you mean the day that saved our club? The day that Macintosh (dick) described as his favourite day at city? The day SWP left crying?

117 M34 said:
york away to this! said:

good luck sweep!

When you say f@cking off to chelsea, I presume you mean the day that saved our club? The day that Macintosh (dick) described as his favourite day at city? The day SWP left crying?

He did a Gary Owen ? Never knew that

Skysports.com understands Queens Park Rangers are leading the chase for Shaun Wright-Phillips, with a deal having been agreed.

The winger has slipped down the pecking order at Manchester City and is looking to find regular football away from Eastlands.

Unsurprisingly, a number of clubs have shown an interest in the England international.

Sky Sports sources reported on Friday that the race for his signature was hotting up, with QPR and Stoke having tabled bids.

It is now believed that Neil Warnock's side have edged in front of the Potters, with productive transfer talks having been held.

It is understood that an agreement has been reached, with Wright-Phillips prepared to link up with the Premier League new boys.

Should he sign, he will be reunited with former City team-mate Joey Barton at Loftus Road, with the midfielder having penned a four-year contract with QPR on Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.