Tactical genius

Soulboy said:
Anyone else think that Mancini pulled off a tactically genius bit of innovation at Burnley by dropping Tevez into a more midfield role, playing Adebayor as an out and out target man, and letting Carlos run at them from deep?

The Clarets couldn't cope with it and we might very well have scored double figures if it hadn't have pissed down!

Oh, and Vieira... imperious, majestic, outstanding.

That makes me a tactical genius too, as after the embarrassing way in which Wigan's midfield strolled past Viera and De Jong last week even Coco the Clown would've known that if we want to play 442, one of the two forwards would have to play a little deeper to ensure our midfield axis didn't part like the red sea when faced with a couple of European journeymen.

Oh, and Viera. Cannot be judged on the Burnley match anymore than any other of our outfield players could. It was a good day out, and has been an excellent weekend for us results wise, but lets not go stroking our own poles just yet.

The rest of this thread reads like we've time traveled back to April 2009. Boring.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:
Anyone else think that Mancini pulled off a tactically genius bit of innovation at Burnley by dropping Tevez into a more midfield role, playing Adebayor as an out and out target man, and letting Carlos run at them from deep?

The Clarets couldn't cope with it and we might very well have scored double figures if it hadn't have pissed down!

Oh, and Vieira... imperious, majestic, outstanding.

That makes me a tactical genius too, as after the embarrassing way in which Wigan's midfield strolled past Viera and De Jong last week even Coco the Clown would've known that if we want to play 442, one of the two forwards would have to play a little deeper to ensure our midfield axis didn't part like the red sea when faced with a couple of European journeymen.

Oh, and Viera. Cannot be judged on the Burnley match anymore than any other of our outfield players could. It was a good day out, and has been an excellent weekend for us results wise, but lets not go stroking our own poles just yet.

The rest of this thread reads like we've time traveled back to April 2009. Boring.

Why are you not happy or pleased, you must at least be excited?

rastus said:
BillyShears said:

Why are you not happy or pleased, you must at least be excited?

Mate, I'm delighted. It was a huge weekend for us in terms of results, and firmly puts us in the driving seat for the race for 4th. It's hard judge anything other than the finishing from Saturday's match because Burnley didn't turn up until an hour into the game. That's not a criticism of us, and you still have to beat what is put in front of you, which we did with consummate ease.

I'll tell you what, if we beat Brum and get a point at least off the rags, then I'll probably be dancing a jig through the streets of Paris because IMO, that will be enough to push us on to 4th. Now that's optimism...;- )

Bigga said:
shadygiz said:
not at all bigga mate, this isn't about hughes mate.

So who would get the best out of the squad, for you, and how could they guarantee it?

i dont know tbh mate....i wanted van gaal before we signed svennis, not too convinced now though after watching him with some top players at bayern.

Again, i'm not a big mourinho fan...part of me says if we can lets get him as it would be a major coup and a big "fuck off" to all in the prem and the other part of me says he's a cocky arrongant twat that deserves to be brought down a peg, but if we signed him i would adopt the same attitude i have with mancini. i.e prove me wrong.

Agreeably, from day one i have not been convinced with mancini and to a certain extent i agree this has clouded my opinion of him somewhat and for all my opinions on here i still have time for the guy. Immediately after the game yesterday i posted in the match thread about it being a great result.

at the end of the season, i hope we are in 4th spot as this will open the doors to attract a couple of world class midfielders, but i also agree i cant have it both ways and surely mancini will be given his extension if we get 4th<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:45 pm --<br /><br />
Stuart said:
shadygiz said:
lol terwat ;p

''..AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..''

* does wanking gesture in Shady's direction *

;-)

EWWWWW!!!!!

*skulks off in direction of toilet to get some bog roll*

The Pink Panther said:
Both managers records this season for us....

Hughes - P17. W7. D8. L2. G/F 33. G/A27 = +6. Total points 29

Mancini - P15. W9. D3. L3. G/F 31. G/A13 = +18.Total points 30

I know which camp I'm in

Sadly this won't make a blind bit of difference to folks like de niro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.