Talksport now (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
As you say, you haven't listened to radio for years, so you wouldn't know the level of pro-coverage we got when we were on top, top form.

The media is more than just radio. And while there was a lot of another"City is the best team going around" not so much of the best"we want City to win", or any"City deserve it" or any"how great would it be".

Before you scream agenda, there are a number of reasons for that including our owners, our money (although their spending and losses tend not to get talked about) and the fact they are a better supported club, in and outside of the media.

The funny thing is though is that whilst that was going on, the negative nellie's amongst us automatically said it was purely to build us up to watch us fall - quotes that will be on this very thread. They don't say that about Liverpool though, they say they are complimenting them because they want them to win - insecurity at it's finest.

The press do build people up and then kick them when it goes wrong. Its just what they do.

Will they do it to Liverpool? I don't think so, but thats because their season will be seen as a success regardless of the outcome of the title race.

moomba said:
You automatically presume that every who mentions positive voverage of another team is screaming bias. Topics that have nothing to do with any agenda are all about an agenda in your eyes.

I havent listened to radio for years. But I do find the pro Liverpool stance in the press annoying.

I'm a City supporter so why would I find pro City coverage (which has never reached close to the current heights) annoying?

The pro Liverpool stance as you mention has been going on for roughly 3-4 weeks, whilst they've been playing outstanding football and deserve the accolades just like we got when we were thumping teams. At one stage pundits were saying we were the best team in Europe, IMO lauding us too highly but there were few complaints. There just seems to be a mixture of jealousy and bitterness sometimes on this thread. However I completely agree with anyone who complains about outright bias shown by messers Brazil & Gough towards the Rags because its done with very little insight or justification.

oman0115 said:
At one stage pundits were saying we were the best team in Europe, IMO lauding us too highly but there were few complaints.

Why would City supporters on a City forum complain about pro City coverage?

And like I said our positive coverage was just about how good the team was. Liverpool is currently about how good the club is, how good it would be for them to win, how a Liverpool title would be a victory for football.

Like I said, lots of reasons for that, some of them legitimate ones.

I'd also argue that there has been a pro Liverpool stance in the press for years, not weeks.

moomba said:
oman0115 said:
At one stage pundits were saying we were the best team in Europe, IMO lauding us too highly but there were few complaints].

And like I said our positive coverage was just about how good the team was. Liverpool is currently about how good the club is, how good it would be for them to win, how a Liverpool title would be a victory for football.

I'd also argue that there has been a pro Liverpool stance in the press for years, not weeks.

Because you're stating their praising them too highly, when in essence this was in reality perhaps too lofty an opinion of us. We're football fans and see our clubs through rose tinted glasses, I bet if you go on RAWK now you'll probably find one of their lot complaining about TS.

oman0115 said:
moomba said:
oman0115 said:
At one stage pundits were saying we were the best team in Europe, IMO lauding us too highly but there were few complaints].

Because you're stating their praising them too highly, when in essence this was in reality perhaps too lofty an opinion of us. We're football fans and see our clubs through rose tinted glasses, I bet if you go on RAWK now you'll probably find one of their lot complaining about TS.

Why would I care if the media praise us too highly?

And like I said lots of differences for a number of reasons between positive coverage we get and other teams get.

For example praise of Liverpools performances don't bother me at all.

moomba said:
oman0115 said:
At one stage pundits were saying we were the best team in Europe, IMO lauding us too highly but there were few complaints.

Who has said it will be a victory for football? Is that printed anywhere?
Also, when we were about to win it, or looking most likely to win it, people like Hawksby and Jacobs were saying it is what we need to move onto that next level. So if people are saying it about Liverpool, they said it about us too. I have no idea how many others said it, or who has said it about Liverpool, but H&J certainly did, because, well it's common sense - the title win was what we needed, and seeing as Liverpool are top right now and playing lovely football, it is easy to see why people say it is what they need, because it probably won't come around again for a bit if us and Chelsea invest where we need to.
I've not heard anyone say it will be a victory for football.
You also say about why would city fans on a city forum get annoyed about city coverage, well why get annoyed about liverpool coverage? Ok if we hadn't had our share and had been dismissed and blanked all season, but that's not the case. We were great at one point - we got coverage. Liverpool are great now - they are getting coverage. That sounds about fair to me.

moomba said:
oman0115 said:
moomba said:

Why would I care if the media praise us too highly?

And like I said lots of differences for a number of reasons between positive coverage we get and other teams get.

For example praise of Liverpools performances don't bother me at all.[/quote

You don't, so try not to care about what they say about the dippers and be more rational.

Pigeonho said:
You also say about why would city fans on a city forum get annoyed about city coverage, well why get annoyed about liverpool coverage?

Again, you can't look past the agenda angle. I'm not claiming agenda.

I get annoyed by over the top coverage of other teams because I am a City supporter and I don't want to read/here about how great another football club is every 10 seconds.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
You also say about why would city fans on a city forum get annoyed about city coverage, well why get annoyed about liverpool coverage?

I get annoyed by over the top coverage of other teams because I am a City supporter and I don't want to read/here about how great another football club is every 10 seconds.
There are other teams though, and they have to be covered, too. Who has said it will be a victory for football anyway?

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

Yet you don't get annoyed about OTT coverage of us, that's hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.