Tennis

I don't watch much tennis but these two are a hell of a step down from the players we've had in the last 20 years. I don't think Norrie has got a first serve in for an hour.

Am I being harsh? I accept tiredness is playing a part but might as well give this trophy to Djokovic now and be done with it.

I don't watch much tennis but these two are a hell of a step down from the players we've had in the last 20 years. I don't think Norrie has got a first serve in for an hour.

Am I being harsh? I accept tiredness is playing a part but might as well give this trophy to Djokovic now and be done with it.
Alcaraz might have something to say about that.

Isnt this a typical game between the 6th and 19th seeds? Both solid, but not elite level as they have flaws.

Alcaraz might have something to say about that.

Isnt this a typical game between the 6th and 19th seeds? Both solid, but not elite level as they have flaws.
I don't know many of the players any more, and hope Alcaraz does it then. I think we've had such a string of excellent tennis players going back to the nineties, perhaps to the seventies even, that I'm finding it difficult to watch any of the new ones. Seems like the Aussies can't be bothered either looking at the size of the crowd, it's a flat atmosphere.

I don't know many of the players any more, and hope Alcaraz does it then. I think we've had such a string of excellent tennis players going back to the nineties, perhaps to the seventies even, that I'm finding it difficult to watch any of the new ones. Seems like the Aussies can't be bothered either looking at the size of the crowd, it's a flat atmosphere.
It's en route to break the all-time attendance record and hit 1 million. The previous record was last year at 839,192. For me, the atmosphere is great in the closer, "bigger" matches.

think we've had such a string of excellent tennis players going back to the nineties, perhaps to the seventies even, that I'm finding it difficult to watch any of the new ones.
It was always going to be a massive issue post-Federer/Nadal era. I am finding it hard as well. I have been watching tennis since about 2000, but I am already feeling it as well. This is a transition era when the likes of Alcaraz are establishing dominance, trying to dethrone Djokovic (Janik Sinner is the dark horse here, though). In his first 200 professional matches, Alcaraz has actually done way better than Roger, a little better than Novak, and marginally better than Rafa, even, so he might become one of the all-time greats in the future as well. You just never know.

At least we had a record (I believe) of 5 set matches this year. The match between Hurkacz and Medvedev was a real treat this morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.