Tennis

Raducanu is a one-slam wonder. More focused on being a socialite than a tennis pro. She hasn't achieved anything since her win and spent most of the last 2 years outside of the world's top 100 and even 200.
Give her chance, she is a young girl who has already been through several operations, something many tennis players who are successful never experience throughout a career. Let her get to full fitness, get settled with a coach and get a few wins under her belt and then her confidence will be back.

Federer was the best grass court player ever, Nadal the best ever on clay & Djokovic the best on hard courts & possibly the best all round player.
All imo of course

That would stand up if Federer hadn't only beaten Djokavic once on grass. Federer was my favourite to watch, but his head to head with Novak isn't great. I suppose you can say Federer has won 1 more Wimbledon title than Novak, but Novak can catch that up still. But head to head, Novak generally got the better of him, so it's however you want to look at it.

Nadal is certainly the best on clay, that's for sure. The reason I put Nadal a bit behind those two overall is the majority of his majors come in the French. Two of the other majors he only won twice. Federer and Nadal at least 3 of the majors 3 times or more.

But then Nadal, like Djokovic, also has a better head to head record against Federer, but that's mostly dominated by wins on Clay. Federer beat him more head to head on other surfaces. So Nadal for me is ever so slightly behind those two overall.

On grass he was, Djokovic is the better all surface player.
Federer was like watching prime Brazil, Djokovic is like prime Germany, both hugely successful but only one of them gets the masses excited
Also one player is more likeable.

We will have to disagree on that, I think.

Their head to head record over many years suggests Novak was a better player. He's also 13-6 in finals vs Federer. He also has the most grandslams.

Very hard to make a case for Federer being actually better. Better to watch maybe...

Give her chance, she is a young girl who has already been through several operations, something many tennis players who are successful never experience throughout a career. Let her get to full fitness, get settled with a coach and get a few wins under her belt and then her confidence will be back.

You can tell who in this thread doesn't really follow tennis full time because her results this week were exactly what was hoped/expected.

This was her 4th match since 3 surgeries (1 on each wrist, 1 ankle) and 8 months out. Her best case scenario was going 1 more round.

AO was always about just getting back on the tour and getting through without any wrist injuries, which she did, and playing some long matches to build up fitness for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Raducanu is a one-slam wonder. More focused on being a socialite than a tennis pro. She hasn't achieved anything since her win and spent most of the last 2 years outside of the world's top 100 and even 200.

In pretty much her first season or so on the proper tour, she was going well in Wimbledon, then she won the US open.

So it suggests she is very capable of playing at a good level. She hasn't done much since because she has been plagued with injuries and having operations. Before that, she was showing all the signs of a good player. You can't knock someone for barely doing much when they're either having operations or on the comeback.

So the ability is there in my opinion. Now its a case of staying healthy, rebuilding her confidence and fitness and obviously being motivated to be a full time athlete.

Can't exactly call someome a one slam wonder when they've just turned 21 and pretty much been injured since the age of 19/20

The fact she has even won a grandslam at that age should be the real indicator of her capabilities, rather than judging her when she's nowhere near fully fit or when she is injured.

Last edited:
In pretty much her first season or so on the proper tour, she was going well in Wimbledon, then she won the US open.

So it suggests she is very capable of playing at a good level. She hasn't done much since because she has been plagued with injuries and having operations. Before that, she was showing all the signs of a good player. You can't knock someone for barely doing much when they're either having operations or on the comeback.

So the ability is there in my opinion. Now its a case of staying healthy, rebuilding her confidence and fitness and obviously being motivated to be a full time athlete.

Can't exactly call someome a one slam wonder when they've just turned 21 and pretty much been injured since the age of 19/20

The fact she has even won a grandslam at that age should be the real indicator of her capabilities, rather than judging her when she's nowhere near fully fit or when she is injured.
One thing she needs to sort out is her coaching arrangements. She has chopped and changed and been uncomplimentary to coaches. It is said that there are too many voices in her ear, including her dad. Going back to her youth coach is a good move. Coaching is so much more than technical knowledge and she needs to listen to advice on getting her act together.

Their head to head record over many years suggests Novak was a better player. He's also 13-6 in finals vs Federer. He also has the most grandslams.

Very hard to make a case for Federer being actually better. Better to watch maybe...
I know, it’s not like a Messi V Ronaldo argument where it’s more subjective (Messi all day). They actually played each other countless times and Djokovic has a much better head to head record, plus has won more Grand Slams. Federer might look more graceful with shots like his one handed backhand but as an all round player Djokovic has proven to be the greatest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.