Terrible attendance tonight.....

C1TY4LIFE said:
I can understand the people that attend away games fair play but people that don't attend away games should be able to make every home game compensate those away games they've missed. Like I said going away is difficult for me as none of my mates go (hardly) or I'll be working, but I've given up now and think why should I rely on other people so from now on I'll be going away games on my todd as long as I can get time off work and/or tickets.

The way I see it is, you don't go to away games but you do attend most or all home games. Very conveniently you think it is ok to not go to away matches (because you have what you see as a reasonable excuse) but then everyone who doesn't should go to all home games. Effectively you're saying everyone should do what you do. I am pretty sure many people who go to all the away matches would think you're a part timer too. Maybe they should be embarrassed by you, you can then be embarrassed by those who miss the odd home match, they could be embarrassed by those who only go a couple of times a season etc etc. Maybe everyone should just go to the matches they want and people should mind their own business. Just a thought.

Didsbury Dave said:
Haha, good points on there, TMQ.

It's young fans, if you ask me. It's all about texting your mates with banter, or going on forums or FIFA games or whatever. That's the way football is now, a TV/multimedia sport.

It can't be easy being a young blue either, there's no doubt that for the last 15 years the pendulum of local support has swung their way.

In my day the banter was about results. Or, more likely, who battered who in the streets outside.... ;-)

To be fair DD as much as I agree with you there that doesn't apply to me, my rag mates rarely have a pop at me for attendance its only mainly when we get beat. The attendance is my own personal problem, people say why let it get to me but I could say to most the posters on here why do people let the fact that I have a problem with our attendance get to them?

I wasn't intending on offending people but I clearly have done which I'm sorry for.

GaudinoMotors said:
I see - it's the fault of the youngsters, the internet etc for talking about attendences. I'm sure the ticket office, the directors and owners are putting it all down to that too and not at all being concrened that how, after assembling one of the best squads in europe and being joint top of the league, we are getting such low gates.
To some extent it questions our "sleeping giant" claims - maybe we are just a "sleeping slightly taller than average person" - I guess we will know for sure when we have some tangible successes.

No one has said those are the reasons for low attendances. We're saying they're the reasons why people endlessly moan about low attendances.

I can't see our owners being unduly concerned by this, it's not like attendances have dropped, we just always get low attendances for mid week games that lack any real glamour. It's that simple.

GaudinoMotors said:
I see - it's the fault of the youngsters, the internet etc for talking about attendences. I'm sure the ticket office, the directors and owners are putting it all down to that too and not at all being concrened that how, after assembling one of the best squads in europe and being joint top of the league, we are getting such low gates.
To some extent it questions our "sleeping giant" claims - maybe we are just a "sleeping slightly taller than average person" - I guess we will know for sure when we have some tangible successes.

No, it's the youngsters without life and football experience who seem to expect bigger crowds then we will ever get, then get upset when we don't.

Let me put this clearly. FA Cup 3rd round gates are nearly always 50-60% of a league gate. At every club. This changes if it's a big game for the home team of course. But last night's wasn't.

I was in work til gone 5, and live 3 and a half hours away. If I'd have lived closer I would have been there like a rat up a drainpipe! Don't think the fact it was on a Tuesday helped, most people will have been in work this morning, and the kids are in school as well. Not surprised it was a bad turn out, could have told you it would have been beforehand.

Who did United play in the 3rd round?

Liverpool, hardly comparable is it.

Also forgive people, for all the money invested in the squad, expecting us to win comfortably last night and thinking "well I can put that money towards another game that's much more expensive, because we should win this game so naturally there are more important games to worry about."

For me early round replays against lower league teams are for local fans and local people to go down for a cheaper price than a league game and enjoy some football and maybe get hooked on us if they weren't already a fan.

Even if it were just the Leicester away fans last night we should still have comfortably beaten them with the team we put out. I don't like replays but I understand that it's for the lower league clubs to have their big day and big income and TV money. The Leicester fans even admitted that they didn't expect us to in anyway sell out and that it would be the same for them if they played a 2nd division team in a home TV replay. They came for their day out and to watch their team play a big side and hope they scored/caused an upset.

We've gone from being shite and therefore not bothering to go because we had no hope of winning it to being one of the top sides in the country so expecting to get through in 2 years.

Finally Liverpool got 22,577 for their League cup v Northampton. United have their cup scheme but still only 46,083 at home to Wolves in the Carling Cup. Then you have to go London clubs and their "we'll announce tickets sold" policy. Barca and Madrid have 1/3 to a 1/2 of their stadiums empty in their domestic cup games.

I'm more dissappointed at people not turning up for league games 2bh than cup replays.

Didsbury Dave said:
Couldn't give a flying fuck about the attendance.

All cup games at all clubs get low attendances.

The bizarre thing is that people get upset about it. Why does it bother anybody?

Exactly...Wolves had 10,000 at home last night

Lancet Fluke said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
I can understand the people that attend away games fair play but people that don't attend away games should be able to make every home game compensate those away games they've missed. Like I said going away is difficult for me as none of my mates go (hardly) or I'll be working, but I've given up now and think why should I rely on other people so from now on I'll be going away games on my todd as long as I can get time off work and/or tickets.

The way I see it is, you don't go to away games but you do attend most or all home games. Very conveniently you think it is ok to not go to away matches (because you have what you see as a reasonable excuse) but then everyone who doesn't should go to all home games. Effectively you're saying everyone should do what you do. I am pretty sure many people who go to all the away matches would think you're a part timer too. Maybe they should be embarrassed by you, you can then be embarrassed by those who miss the odd home match, they could be embarrassed by those who only go a couple of times a season etc etc. Maybe everyone should just go to the matches they want and people should mind their own business. Just a thought.

Not at all mate in fact I'm going Birmingham away in a few weeks and I'm as giddy as a school girl about it. I think our away support is top notch 10x better then home. What I think is if people don't go away games like me then surely they could compensate by going home games. Not once have I thought I'm a better supporter then anyone else not for one minute mate.

I made a point of not going last night. After paying £20 for my ticket only for it to be reudced to £5 a day later for the Europa match I decided that I wouldn't bother last night just in case they reduced it again after i'd spent £15....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.