Terrible attendance tonight.....

One thing to think about, City have always had a 'hardcore' of fans usually around the 30,000 mark. They will attend every league game and a small percentage will attend every away game. They also attend most cup games, the ones they dont, numbers are kept at that figure by people who go ocassionally and see cheap tickets/choice as an incentive.

On the other hand, United have the equivelant of two sets of fans. They have those who go to the league games who are season ticket holders who have to buy their cup tickets. They then have the people who buy the cup tickets off the season ticket holders, and also those who still seem to think they cant get a ticket for the swamp unless its a cup game so go with family etc. Most rags you speak to, they are armchairs, we all know that, if you ask which games they go to, nearly all will have been cup matches. Its because they have 'gloryhunters' and a larger fanbase which we all know. I know this argument is about to become invalid as most united games are now on general sale but that is the consensus imo.

If you ask me, id rather have a 30,000 hardcore all day long as opposed to 'gloryhunters' who fill the seats. Cant see it staying this way for long though.

GaudinoMotors said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No, it's the youngsters without life and football experience who seem to expect bigger crowds then we will ever get, then get upset when we don't.

Let me put this clearly. FA Cup 3rd round gates are nearly always 50-60% of a league gate. At every club. This changes if it's a big game for the home team of course. But last night's wasn't.

Of course I realise some are blaming the "EXPECTATIONS" and not the actual attendence on the "our attendences are bigger than yours" concerns of the kids and internet banter - but what I'm saying is I don't think the club will be as complacent of thinking attendences like last nights are acceptable and just par for the course after providing a brilliant squad, being joint top, constantly improving the facilities and service and reducing the prices.
I know it's the early rounds but it's still an opportunity to see world class players in a cup match (where there had to be a winner). Don't see how last night can be viewed as anything other than disappointing - not disasterous but concerning.

Our attendances are going up all the time. It's the league attendances which provide the baromoter. We're averaging pretty much a full house every game.

If we're expanding the stadium then we need to be looking at improving on that score of course. But last night's attendance was meaningless. As an aside, replays are often lowish crowds because there's little time to sell tickets, too.

Don't worry. Worry if our league attendance stops rising.

SteSteez said:
wahablue said:
If,and its a big if Manchester City reach the FA Cup Final or the Euro Final in Dublin I don't want pages and pages of bleeding hearts saying they didn't have enough points for a final ticket.End of rant.

thing whats shitty is I could go to every cup game this season and if (a big if) we got to the final I wouldn't have anywhere near the required points for the uefa cup final or the fa cup...

Again a seperate points system is needed for cup games, one that is reset every season. I know of one individual who still buys tickets on his dead grandfathers card who has a shitload of points ;) ( no names mentioned)

*Ticket exchange system
*Seperate loyalty points for cup, one which is reset every season

I won't have a cat in hell's chance of getting a ticket to a cup final for city but that's just life.

I prefer using loyalty points knowing that it will be blues who get to go rather than other clubs fans jumping on the bandwagon and going to a few cup games so they can get a ticket in the final.

TheMightyQuinn said:
stimo said:
yup thats right blame us younguns again, jesus christ...

FUCK ME - NO ONE IS BLAMING 'YOUNGUNS' FOR FUCK ALL!

It's simply being noted by some that it's mostly 'younguns' who are doing all the crying about attendances.

Personally, I fail to see how anyone who's supported City for more than 2 months (since our last Europa game) can be moved to comment about how we don't sell out for mid week cup ties against teams we've never heard of or fucking Leicester.
alright my bad mate, didnt even read the thing fully, i just get annoyed when people generalise young people for being fussy and not how city fans should be, forgive me.

SS111 said:
If you ask me, id rather have a 30,000 hardcore all day long as opposed to 'gloryhunters' who fill the seats. Cant see it staying this way for long though.

Sorry, but that's a bollocks opinion.

We need the biggest crowds we can get. Everyone has different motivations for going. It isn't black or white

Didsbury Dave said:
SS111 said:

We need the biggest crowds we can get. Everyone has different motivations for going. It isn't black or white

Yeah but surely when you see all these pompus gloryhunters at the game, you'll die a little inside?

I know I will.

stimo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
FUCK ME - NO ONE IS BLAMING 'YOUNGUNS' FOR FUCK ALL!

It's simply being noted by some that it's mostly 'younguns' who are doing all the crying about attendances.

Personally, I fail to see how anyone who's supported City for more than 2 months (since our last Europa game) can be moved to comment about how we don't sell out for mid week cup ties against teams we've never heard of or fucking Leicester.
alright my bad mate, didnt even read the thing fully, i just get annoyed when people generalise young people for being fussy and not how city fans should be, forgive me.

No worries soulja boi, I'm the last person on here to have a go at the kids/teenagers!

mcfcliam said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah but surely when you see all these pompus gloryhunters at the game, you'll die a little inside?

I know I will.

Everyone does have different motivations for going, I go to enjoy myself, follow the club wherever that may be. As Liam just said, it wont be the same when we have all these 'new fans' so to speak. It sounds selfish, but I love it how it is, I cant see the small cup attendences having that much effect to be honest, but like I said, it wont last long as it is inevitable we will attract the 'new fans'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.