Terrible attendance tonight.....

stimo said:
yup thats right blame us younguns again, jesus christ...

FUCK ME - NO ONE IS BLAMING 'YOUNGUNS' FOR FUCK ALL!

It's simply being noted by some that it's mostly 'younguns' who are doing all the crying about attendances.

Personally, I fail to see how anyone who's supported City for more than 2 months (since our last Europa game) can be moved to comment about how we don't sell out for mid week cup ties against teams we've never heard of or fucking Leicester.

Didsbury Dave said:
GaudinoMotors said:
I see - it's the fault of the youngsters, the internet etc for talking about attendences. I'm sure the ticket office, the directors and owners are putting it all down to that too and not at all being concrened that how, after assembling one of the best squads in europe and being joint top of the league, we are getting such low gates.
To some extent it questions our "sleeping giant" claims - maybe we are just a "sleeping slightly taller than average person" - I guess we will know for sure when we have some tangible successes.

No, it's the youngsters without life and football experience who seem to expect bigger crowds then we will ever get, then get upset when we don't.

Let me put this clearly. FA Cup 3rd round gates are nearly always 50-60% of a league gate. At every club. This changes if it's a big game for the home team of course. But last night's wasn't.

Of course I realise some are blaming the "EXPECTATIONS" and not the actual attendence on the "our attendences are bigger than yours" concerns of the kids and internet banter - but what I'm saying is I don't think the club will be as complacent of thinking attendences like last nights are acceptable and just par for the course after providing a brilliant squad, being joint top, constantly improving the facilities and service and reducing the prices.
I know it's the early rounds but it's still an opportunity to see world class players in a cup match (where there had to be a winner). Don't see how last night can be viewed as anything other than disappointing - not disasterous but concerning.

If,and its a big if Manchester City reach the FA Cup Final or the Euro Final in Dublin I don't want pages and pages of bleeding hearts saying they didn't have enough points for a final ticket.End of rant.

I went and enjoyed myself. That's all that matters to me. People who couldn't be arsed missed out.

GaudinoMotors said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No, it's the youngsters without life and football experience who seem to expect bigger crowds then we will ever get, then get upset when we don't.

Let me put this clearly. FA Cup 3rd round gates are nearly always 50-60% of a league gate. At every club. This changes if it's a big game for the home team of course. But last night's wasn't.

Of course I realise some are blaming the "EXPECTATIONS" and not the actual attendence on the "our attendences are bigger than yours" concerns of the kids and internet banter - but what I'm saying is I don't think the club will be as complacent of thinking attendences like last nights are acceptable and just par for the course after providing a brilliant squad, being joint top, constantly improving the facilities and service and reducing the prices.
I know it's the early rounds but it's still an opportunity to see world class players in a cup match (where there had to be a winner). Don't see how last night can be viewed as anything other than disappointing - not disasterous but concerning.

It's already been noted that all clubs get much lower attendances for these kind of games including utd. I'm sure Cook and his boys have noted this and whilst I'm sure he's looking to improve the matter I can't see him being worried as it's not a City problem but a football problem. Look at some the attendances in Italy for games like this, they're lucky if 20 people show up!

wahablue said:
If,and its a big if Manchester City reach the FA Cup Final or the Euro Final in Dublin I don't want pages and pages of bleeding hearts saying they didn't have enough points for a final ticket.End of rant.

thing whats shitty is I could go to every cup game this season and if (a big if) we got to the final I wouldn't have anywhere near the required points for the uefa cup final or the fa cup...

Again a seperate points system is needed for cup games, one that is reset every season. I know of one individual who still buys tickets on his dead grandfathers card who has a shitload of points ;) ( no names mentioned)

*Ticket exchange system
*Seperate loyalty points for cup, one which is reset every season

C1TY4LIFE said:
What I think is if people don't go away games like me then surely they could compensate by going home games.

That is what you do. That is fine but why do you think others should do this just because you do? Someone who goes to away matches probably thinks everyone else should do the same but it doesn't make you go to away matches does it? Why do you have any expectations of anyone else, especially when most of them are strangers to you and have nothing to do with you whatsoever? Just to clarify, I'm not arguing with you to justify myself, I did go last night, I went because I wanted to. I always knew it would be a low crowd and I don't really mind if anyone chooses to do something else with their time and money. I used to go every single week, home and away, now I miss probably half the away matches. Things change, priorities change at different points of your life and I assume it is the same for most. I go when I want and don't when I don't want because supporting City is a PART of my life.

TheMightyQuinn said:
stimo said:
yup thats right blame us younguns again, jesus christ...

FUCK ME - NO ONE IS BLAMING 'YOUNGUNS' FOR FUCK ALL!

It's simply being noted by some that it's mostly 'younguns' who are doing all the crying about attendances.

Personally, I fail to see how anyone who's supported City for more than 2 months (since our last Europa game) can be moved to comment about how we don't sell out for mid week cup ties against teams we've never heard of or fucking Leicester.

you hadn't heard of Juve?

just saying...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.