Terrible attendance tonight.....

mcfcliam said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Sorry, but that's a bollocks opinion.

We need the biggest crowds we can get. Everyone has different motivations for going. It isn't black or white

Yeah but surely when you see all these pompus gloryhunters at the game, you'll die a little inside?

I know I will.

If our capacity becomes 60,000 I want us to fill it, for financial reasons.

To attract "Gloryhunters" you need to have won trophies, so I'll take it thanks. Done my days scratting around with working class blues in shit grounds watching shit teams.

If we were playing the rags and tickets were £20 we'd have sold out. Blows any 'price, can't make midweek games' etc arguments out of the water. If we were playing the rags people would have found the time and money to go.

Before a load of individuals come on saying 'no really I wouldn't have made it' that's fair enough but there would have been enough people who didn't go last night who would have made the effort for a more attractive game.

masterwig said:
If we were playing the rags and tickets were £20 we'd have sold out. Blows any 'price, can't make midweek games' etc arguments out of the water. If we were playing the rags people would have found the time and money to go.

Before a load of individuals come on saying 'no really I wouldn't have made it' that's fair enough but there would have been enough people who didn't go last night who would have made the effort for a more attractive game.

That's definitely true but I think most fans operate like that. Most of us are probably thinking non stop about the derby in the week leading up to it but I'd bet few of us were mulling over last nights game for any amount of time prior to kick off.

I'm very lucky at the moment as I get tickets pretty cheap which means all I need to worry about is getting down to COMS but if/when my source runs dry I'll need to assess which games I can/can't attend based on my current financial situation. It stands to reason I'd want to make sure I got to the derby, last game of the season, 'bigger' games than midweek 3rd round replays.

TheMightyQuinn said:
masterwig said:

That's definitely true but I think most fans operate like that. Most of us are probably thinking non stop about the derby in the week leading up to it but I'd bet few of us were mulling over last nights game for any amount of time prior to kick off.

I'm very lucky at the moment as I get tickets pretty cheap which means all I need to worry about is getting down to COMS but if/when my source runs dry I'll need to assess which games I can/can't attend based on my current financial situation. It stands to reason I'd want to make sure I got to the derby, last game of the season, 'bigger' games than midweek 3rd round replays.

These two quotes are more or less the exact answer the to whole 30 page thread. Thats how it works, its just life and priorities unfortunately.

SS111 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

These two quotes are more or less the exact answer the to whole 30 page thread. Thats how it works, its just life and priorities unfortunately.

It's true, until this season I had to select my games though I usually went for two cheap cup games rather than an expensive derby. Rather see City as many times as possible than in one or two glamour ties.

As I said before though, I won't lose any sleep over the low attendance. I enjoyed myself last night and those that couldn't make it missed out on a cracking night's entertainment.

TheMightyQuinn said:
masterwig said:

Agree with both of you, if it was a big game defo would of been 38,000 minimum.

And TMQ away games I feel are the bastards for money because of not only for the price of tickets but also transport, Birmingham away will cost me £40 return to Manc on top of the £26 for the ticket and £50 on beer that's £116 for an away game WITH a cheap ticket, I fully understand the die hard away fans not being able to attend most games at home especially after playing so many away games and with so many coming up.

masterwig wrote:

I went last night but i also went to the away tie, we cant slag those that watch on TV too much as we all have our prioities, I now can't afford to go to the Villa game, and yes I did sing if your watching on the tele your a C&unt but I did n't reaaly mean it honest.
Biggest moan I have is about moving seats I sit in Block 118 S/S i had to sit in 111 and watch the game from there knowing thier fans had a better view than me while sat in my seat !! not happy with it.
Thought their fans were up for a laugh that fat guy did have a big set of tits did n't he.

Dr Mick said:
"If you're watching on the telly you're a ****"

Summed up perfectly by the City fans last night.

My 68 year old Dad is a season ticket holder and he watched it on the telly.

He's not a ****.

My mate was taking his wife out for her birthday.

He's not a ****.

My next door neighbour wanted to have a few beers and watch it at home.

He's not a ****.

So there was nothing "perfect" about that stupid song.

I'm a rag and I just wanted to say i will be changing to city next season, we do that us, change to whoever is doing well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.