Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

SWP's back said:
hilts said:
Damocles said:
So what you're saying, is that you'd be happy to become that thing that we've prided ourselves on being different from for the last thirty years?

You've lost your head recently Tolm.

City as a club are bigger than trophies, Sheiks and players. I think you've forgotten that.

unfortunately a lot of fans on here have which is a shame really, there desperation saddens me because i thought we were better, bluemoon is becoming hard work nowadays
Why would backing the manager if he feels ok about allowing Tevez back make us one and the same as the rags?

Too many precious self-righteous people getting their knickers in a twist.

Allowing Tevez to play is nothing like the behaviour of the rags this season, let alone post-Munich.

what makes you think mancini wants him back? fans saying they dont care how much someone shits on their club as long as we win something is pretty pathetic in my opnion which im entitled to.

It wouldnt even be a good football decision long term anyhow but thats up to the manager.

I think the papers have used plenty of artistic licence to spin Mancini giving the correct legal and diplomatic answer to the Tevez situation into a story claiming he will play again.

SWP's back said:
Why would backing the manager if he feels ok about allowing Tevez back make us one and the same as the rags?

Too many precious self-righteous people getting their knickers in a twist.

Allowing Tevez to play is nothing like the behaviour of the rags this season, let alone post-Munich.
I'm not going to turn on Mancini over it but I'd rather him not do it.

That's me for you.

I see no difference between them letting the anniversary be sponsored and letting Tevez come back. Ultimately it's placing (theoretical) self-gain over the moral dilemma.

I agree with Tolm, there is a somewhat arrogant sense of reactionary moralising going on here. Tevez is a player the club chose not to sell on or loan out in January. He is still registered to our club. I can't stand him personally but if he helps us win the league then that's all I care about this season. As Billy says, the first title is the hardest and we not have broken any rules or cheated anyone if the manager chooses to play him.

We shouldn't need him.

I'd rather we just concentrated on football than voluntarily reintroduce the distraction and disruption that is Tevez.

Balo will be back and Yaya will be back (hugely increasing our effectiveness if we have to go with only the 1 main striker).

The period where he'd be the most use - shite winter weather, fixture congestion and the ACON is almost over anyway.

PistonBlue said:
OB1 said:
I've been a season ticket / card holder since 1972, I can hold my head-up and if Tevez comes back and helps us win the league, I'll be walking taller than ever.

Maybe, but you'll have an irritating stone in your shoe.

No I won't.

pee dubya said:
We shouldn't need him.

I'd rather we just concentrated on football than voluntarily reintroduce the distraction and disruption that is Tevez.

Balo will be back and Yaya will be back (hugely increasing our effectiveness if we have to go with only the 1 main striker).

The period where he'd be the most use - shite winter weather, fixture congestion and the ACON is almost over anyway.
A distraction to the press and the fans maybe, but I don't think the players will be bothered one bit

SWP's back said:
I agree with Tolm, there is a somewhat arrogant sense of reactionary moralising going on here. Tevez is a player the club chose not to sell on or loan out in January. He is still registered to our club. I can't stand him personally but if he helps us win the league then that's all I care about this season. As Billy says, the first title is the hardest and we not have broken any rules or cheated anyone if the manager chooses to play him.

so having morals is being arrogant? who said anything about cheating by playing him? dont just make things up. Also we didnt sell him becuase we werent offered enough in the clubs view.

If your looking at it from a football only point of view please enlighten me on how many teams win things by letting players do whatever the fuck they want

Marvin said:
pee dubya said:
We shouldn't need him.

A distraction to the press and the fans maybe, but I don't think the players will be bothered one bit
Perhaps not, although if Tevez waltzed back into the team ahead of you, would you be happy? Will Mancini feel he can trust him? Will Tevez even be the player he was before, unfit and wanting to be elsewhere?

We finally have a settled group of players, all the rumours of dressing room unrest, player-manager conflict etc have finally gone after what, 5 years non-stop? There's actually a sense of harmony around the club, why give ourselves an avoidable headache when we're not even sure if it'll even benefit the team?

Players come and go, managers come and go but the club is the important thing to me. No one individual is bigger than the club, and the club winning the prem league this year would bring a emmense amount of pleasure, pride and belief. I have always been of the opinion that you should support whoever wears the famous blue jersey 100%. If there is reconcilliation to the satisfaction of the club, manager and players I think it only right that the supporters show the same forgiveness for our wantaway player. In the summer with the season gone if he then wants to leave for pastures new, good luck to him. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.