Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

OB1 said:
I've been a season ticket / card holder since 1972, I can hold my head-up and if Tevez comes back and helps us win the league, I'll be walking taller than ever.
so how would you feel if he comes back and we come 2nd due to disharmony in team, you like others fans think tevez is our savior after he took advantage and slagged off club. when we win league without fuckface, let me hear you say come back tevez then as there will be a lot of fans with egg on their faces

hilts said:
SWP's back said:
hilts said:
unfortunately a lot of fans on here have which is a shame really, there desperation saddens me because i thought we were better, bluemoon is becoming hard work nowadays
Why would backing the manager if he feels ok about allowing Tevez back make us one and the same as the rags?

Too many precious self-righteous people getting their knickers in a twist.

Allowing Tevez to play is nothing like the behaviour of the rags this season, let alone post-Munich.

what makes you think mancini wants him back? fans saying they dont care how much someone shits on their club as long as we win something is pretty pathetic in my opnion which im entitled to.

It wouldnt even be a good football decision long term anyhow but thats up to the manager.
Well no.1 his comments and No.2 and I am saying I will back his decision.

Pathetic is cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.

And yes, you are entitles to your opinion, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

SWP's back said:
I agree with Tolm, there is a somewhat arrogant sense of reactionary moralising going on here. Tevez is a player the club chose not to sell on or loan out in January. He is still registered to our club. I can't stand him personally but if he helps us win the league then that's all I care about this season. As Billy says, the first title is the hardest and we not have broken any rules or cheated anyone if the manager chooses to play him.

Exactly. Have you seen anyone on here, mate, who has actually defended Tevez or his actions?

The only moral dilemma which I can see, are those posters who back the manager and the owners, but their own set of personal principles can't be set aside.

Those quotes from Mancini don't appear to have left much behind in translation.

It is also pertinent to point out it is the Sunday papers which have this story, meaning they appear to have been briefed separately, off the record, after the regular Thursday presser.

The dailies get the one you see on the website.

My guess if he does come back it will be europa away games at first to judge the reaction of the press and fans. Of course he as to be in the squad to fulfill the contractual requirements. My guess it will be a mood testing exercise initially. Lets face it a playing Tevez will increase is value as a salable asset.

SWP's back said:
And yes, you are entitles to your opinion, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.
I disagree, opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not.

Some of this self-righteous bullshit about the soul of the club is hilarious. Fielding a player that has made it clear he wants to leave is not a sin. Tevez is guilty of behaving like a spoilt brat: he hasn't jumped into he crowd and attacked a supporter, he's not Luis Suaracist...

hilts said:
SWP's back said:
I agree with Tolm, there is a somewhat arrogant sense of reactionary moralising going on here. Tevez is a player the club chose not to sell on or loan out in January. He is still registered to our club. I can't stand him personally but if he helps us win the league then that's all I care about this season. As Billy says, the first title is the hardest and we not have broken any rules or cheated anyone if the manager chooses to play him.

so having morals is being arrogant? who said anything about cheating by playing him? dont just make things up. Also we didnt sell him becuase we werent offered enough in the clubs view.

If your looking at it from a football only point of view please enlighten me on how many teams win things by letting players do whatever the fuck they want

Having morals is not arrogant no, reactionary moralising over this and why City fans support their club is.

And I made nothing up, in fact I don't think you could make a coherant argument if you tried but I'll explain, I stated that playing him is not cheating anyone. We can win the league with our heads held high. Playing him does not preclude us from taking the moral highground, if that's what floats your boat.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
I disagree, opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not.

Ha ha - and maybe Tevez is the third nipple!

welsh_andy said:
OB1 said:
I've been a season ticket / card holder since 1972, I can hold my head-up and if Tevez comes back and helps us win the league, I'll be walking taller than ever.
so how would you feel if he comes back and we come 2nd due to disharmony in team, you like others fans think tevez is our savior after he took advantage and slagged off club. when we win league without fuckface, let me hear you say come back tevez then as there will be a lot of fans with egg on their faces

Think you are missing the point: I don't want Tevez back but if Mancini and the players are prepared to have him back, I'll support them and it won't have involved me selling my soul.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:

Exactly. Have you seen anyone on here, mate, who has actually defended Tevez or his actions?

The only moral dilemma which I can see, are those posters who back the manager and the owners, but their own set of personal principles can't be set aside.

Those quotes from Mancini don't appear to have left much behind in translation.

It is also pertinent to point out it is the Sunday papers which have this story, meaning they appear to have been briefed separately, off the record, after the regular Thursday presser.

The dailies get the one you see on the website.
Fully agree, but I suppose that thinking with head as opposed to heart will now make me less of a fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.