Tevez to return (Merged)

I don't have much sympathy, if any, at all for that lying bastard. BUT... if his return in any way helps Manchester City win the title then of course I'm all for it.
We all know he will only be back for a few months and that he will leave comes summer, so let's just stick with our management and owners and trust them to make the best decisions for the club, short and long-term.

This is quite a complex and delicate situation.

He shit on the supporters through his absence, disobeyed the manager, threw two scarves away when climbing the steps to collect the FA Cup etc. He has dragged this club through the mud and he has made a complete and utter prick of himself. In one way you can say that he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again, certainly not for the amount of money that we'd have to pay him.

On the other hand, if he admits that his actions were wrong and apolagises to the club on a whole and to the manager and the fans then we can contemplate forgiveness. I think any legendary status he could have acquired has been tainted given the events he has produced.

Mancini deserves a lot of credit for the way he has managed to ensure this saga has not derailed the season and by the same token he cannot allow Carlos to become a distraction from our objectives this season. He could have been an asset this season and received a lot of playing time but because he is no longer the star of the show or our talisman he throws his toys out of the pram.

I don't think I would give him any reception whatsoever. I wouldn't boo any City player as it doesn't benefit the player and in effect that doesn't benefit the team. I wouldn't applaud someone whose behaviour has been unacceptable. To be brought in from the cold would be a remarkable achievement in itself considering he was at the point of no return at one stage.

(Shrugs) The ball is in Tevez's court. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

BezzMCFC said:
like i have said in every other thread about this scum bag, i will boo him and will not celebrate if he scores..
You will. As will everyone else in the ground. You might follow it up with an "Oh FFS it's that twat", but your first reaction will be to jump around like you normally do. The emotion of this title run-in will prevent you from doing anything else.

ell said:
City might win the title with or without Tevez

but with him we are more likely to win it, he was the premier leagues top scorer last season and he always puts in 100% when he can be arsed to get on the pitch.

Him staying in Argentina is of no benefit to either party, I think he has realised that no club will touch him in the summer unless he plays again. He comes back as FOURTH choice striker. Sell him wherever in summer for 25million happy days (as long as we win the title I dont give a fuck)
Well said. I agree with every word. I for one would be happy and feel the team would be stronger if Tevez played again.

He's still a dickhead no matter what he does though. The only way he can appease us all is by scoring goals. He can say sorry till the cows come home but that only goes so far!

Sell your soul to the fucking devil. Can't believe some of these "do anything to win the title" comments. He won't help us win anything anyway, we're a team without the ugly fucker.

The fact is city have played a blinder here.he has had no choice but to cave in,and he's damaged his reputation so bad that he now needs to produce some outstanding performances just to be sure people are interested in him during summer.

It's win win for us and Carlos has zero choice.

whitt said:
Sell your soul to the fucking devil. Can't believe some of these "do anything to win the title" comments. He won't help us win anything anyway, we're a team without the ugly fucker.

I agree. He is greedy with the ball and greedy with money aswell.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him to be honest.

He's a good enough player but he hasn't played for ages and has treated the club and fans like shit.

The problem is though is that Dzeko & Aguero aren't scoring as regularly as they had been doing. Luckily Balotelli will be eligable to play in the premier league again against the mighty Bolton but if we want to win the league then we need strength in depth and that's where Carlos could prove useful. We don't need to play him but there's no harm in naming him in the first team squad (on the bench) and competition for places is always healthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.