Tevez

Craig said:
Not only has Tevez stopped even looking like scoring recently his whole performances have been very poor.Most people in the crowd don't see it or will never slag him(for his play)because he runs about for 90 mins.Since the Sunderland game when he started playing Dzeko and Aguero together they have both worked well and have been scoring goals.I was surprised he started Tevez against QPR.Yet again in that game he was terrible and no goals from him.
Carragher was the glaring weakness in the Liverpool team and I wanted nasri to come on so that we could run at him.

The forward play at City this season has been awful and is why we are trailing Utd

Balotelli has gone and Mancini seemed to lose all faith in him after the Derby
Tevez is so slow now that he has to beat a man not once but twice to get a shot at goal
Aguero came alive in the 2nd half after some previous flashes which were drowned out by injury
Dzeko is perhaps our best finisher but needs wing play to thrive

The season rests on Aguero

Marvin said:
Craig said:
Not only has Tevez stopped even looking like scoring recently his whole performances have been very poor.Most people in the crowd don't see it or will never slag him(for his play)because he runs about for 90 mins.Since the Sunderland game when he started playing Dzeko and Aguero together they have both worked well and have been scoring goals.I was surprised he started Tevez against QPR.Yet again in that game he was terrible and no goals from him.
Carragher was the glaring weakness in the Liverpool team and I wanted nasri to come on so that we could run at him.

The forward play at City this season has been awful and is why we are trailing Utd

Balotelli has gone and Mancini seemed to lose all faith in him after the Derby
Tevez is so slow now that he has to beat a man not once but twice to get a shot at goal
Aguero came alive in the 2nd half after some previous flashes which were drowned out by injury
Dzeko is perhaps our best finisher but needs wing play to thrive

The season rests on Aguero

I suspect that Citys best chance of silverware comes in the FA Cup now ..... we should finish top four in the Premiership , but for me top spot won't be achievable after todays dropped points , and hasn't really been since we flopped at Sunderland , and allowed the rags to net their last gasp winner at the Etihad.

We've only ourselves to blame .... quite frankly the rags have 'wanted it' more than we have , they will NOT lose another four games.

black mamba said:
[We've only ourselves to blame .... quite frankly the rags have 'wanted it' more than we have , they will NOT lose another four games.

I'm not having that.....and they don't have to lose 4 games.

I agree with what you are saying Marvin.Nasri should have been given at least 20 mins(or even started in a must win home game)but out of the strikers we have Dzeko and Aguero should start at the moment.Last 20 minutes Aguero looked like the striker I thought he would be this season and maybe the knee injury at the start of it has held him back more than we thought.I'm not slagging Aguero it's just I thought all summer sign RVtwat and we win the league again but my big hope when they got him was that Aguero would match him and go close to a level not seen in the Premiership since Ronaldo or Henry were here.Obviously Aguero has not gone remotely close to that this season.Back to topic though I bet if you look at the games since Sunderland Aguero and Dzeko have startecd together the results are good and their goal return is also good.

Says a lot when we're chasing a goal, Mancini makes 2 subs and Tevez is still on the bench

Craig said:
I agree with what you are saying Marvin.Nasri should have been given at least 20 mins(or even started in a must win home game)but out of the strikers we have Dzeko and Aguero should start at the moment.Last 20 minutes Aguero looked like the striker I thought he would be this season and maybe the knee injury at the start of it has held him back more than we thought.I'm not slagging Aguero it's just I thought all summer sign RVtwat and we win the league again but my big hope when they got him was that Aguero would match him and go close to a level not seen in the Premiership since Ronaldo or Henry were here.Obviously Aguero has not gone remotely close to that this season.Back to topic though I bet if you look at the games since Sunderland Aguero and Dzeko have startecd together the results are good and their goal return is also good.
Don't know.

Aguero was World Class in that 2nd half even ignoring the goal. Don't know where it came from.

The whole team need to up their game now and we need to win 11 to 13 games now.

We can, because from now it's one Cup Final after another. We should aim to go to Old Trafford 3 points behind.

The attacking play is what has let us down this season so if Aguero is back to his best then this could be significant. And Yaya Toure is back

I rate Dzeko, but I don't think it works at City so I'd drop Dzeko and just play Aguero up front with Nasri, Silva and Yaya in midfield supporting him

Could all be over if we lose at Southampton. They are playing really well at the moment

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing one upfront with Yaya behind rather than starting 2 for the sake of it,espcially when we can get overan in midfield.I was just making the point that if we are to play 2 Aguero and Dzeko should start at the moment.Aguero looked superb for a couple of games before his hamstring went so hopefully we'll see much more of that.

blue b4 the moon said:
sonnymancity said:
Rammy Blue said:
It should have been Sergio and Tevez today, Dzeko should have started against QPR.

this

+1.

Sometimes Bob does some strange things but I suppose he must know better than all of us as he's sat in the hot seat.

No, in this case the three of you made a better decision on what should have been done. We played a possession team with a lumbering poacher up front today. We got the result out of sheer luck, and its all down to the manager. Our entire run-in last season that won us the title was comprised of Tevez, Aguero, Silva, and Nasri. Today, the Mad Italian left two important pieces of our most potent attack sitting on the bench.

As much as I hate to say it, there are very few times when you can point at baconface and say he was the problem. With Mancini, we've all been able to do it on more occasions than I can tally on one hand.

Puzzling. Dzeko should have been the one used against weaker teams, Tevez should be the one against big teams.

Puzzling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.