That family stand empty section post half time

It needs properly looking into. I personally feel the club don't take a harsh enough stance on people not turning up and picking and choosing which games to attend. I'm sure it would upset some people, but for the good of the atmosphere, something needs to give. You can never make everyone happy and I feel the fans attending every game and actually making a proper effort are being let down by a significant number. The club should be making an effort to reward these fans i.e cheaper season tickets in certain areas and move around the stands that currently add very little.

I don't think it's just the family stand, but by and large it's where the worst culprits are with regards to the empty seat issue. The club always gives off a vibe that image is important to them and it's quite frankly embarrassing that this is such a consistent problem, especially with a large waiting list for ST's. It's seemingly getting worse at times as well, despite us being an elite club nowadays. Genuinely baffling at times.

If it's a case of free tickets being given out and people not turning up, these seats need to be relocated to somewhere in the upper tiers away from sight.

Spot on.

There should be a compulsory system where if you cant get someone to take your seat then you can alert the club and they can sort out someone else. Reward those that use it and some form of sanction for those that miss loads of games without using it.

Pretty much the only way they can police no shows in my eyes. People taking advantage of the low cost season tickets and not bothering when it doesn't suit them.

Cheap ST's should be a benefit for fans going to every game. There should be a small buffer of games per season where their seat can go unfilled. Outside of that, if you can't go, get someone to take your place and if you don't manage it, face some form of sanction. If you don't want the hassle of dealing with this, don't get a ST or make a conscious effort to actually attend.

If cost is the issue, offer up single tickets at a reduced rate for long term ST holders who want to pick and choose which games they want to go to. Leave the ST's for fans that want to attend every game.

OK. We'll swap places next game then you can form an opinion on what it's like down where I am pal.

Nah my seats are great and the crowd around are pretty lively. Seriously though it is better on L2 than L1 because as someone has pointed out L1 is where the Club gives tickets out to schools, clubs etc. I think the demand is higher in L2 so they don't give those tickets away.

It needs properly looking into. I personally feel the club don't take a harsh enough stance on people not turning up and picking and choosing which games to attend. I'm sure it would upset some people, but for the good of the atmosphere, something needs to give. You can never make everyone happy and I feel the fans attending every game and actually making a proper effort are being let down by a significant number. The club should be making an effort to reward these fans i.e cheaper season tickets in certain areas and move around the stands that currently add very little.

I don't think it's just the family stand, but by and large it's where the worst culprits are with regards to the empty seat issue. The club always gives off a vibe that image is important to them and it's quite frankly embarrassing that this is such a consistent problem, especially with a large waiting list for ST's. It's seemingly getting worse at times as well, despite us being an elite club nowadays. Genuinely baffling at times.

If it's a case of free tickets being given out and people not turning up, these seats need to be relocated to somewhere in the upper tiers away from sight.

Pretty much the only way they can police no shows in my eyes. People taking advantage of the low cost season tickets and not bothering when it doesn't suit them.

Cheap ST's should be a benefit for fans going to every game. There should be a small buffer of games per season where their seat can go unfilled. Outside of that, if you can't go, get someone to take your place and if you don't manage it, face some form of sanction. If you don't want the hassle of dealing with this, don't get a ST or make a conscious effort to actually attend.

If cost is the issue, offer up single tickets at a reduced rate for long term ST holders who want to pick and choose which games they want to go to. Leave the ST's for fans that want to attend every game.

Agree with all this. If there is a waiting list then the club should start looking at no shows and some form of sanction. One easy rule would be miss 5 games and you lose your ST.
Sort out the redistribution system - make it easy and people cant complain. If you can't be arsed to turn up and you can't be arsed to sort someone else then at some point the club should take action.

As stated the case for filling the stadium and improving the atmosphere has been made over and over.

Totally agreed.

If STs is the reason behind the empty rows of seats then it needs addressing asap.

People who dont turn up and take their seat on a regular basis should be shot:
For embarrassing the club
For contributing the the quiet atmosphere
For not being proper fan
Most of all though for stopping a proper fans from going to the game, someone who would actually make some noise!

There again, maybe I am wrong about the situation - I would have expected all our fans to be up in arms at these people, so maybe I am wrong and there is some innocent reason for it happening each week. Just dont know but if it is no-shows then it makes me so fucked off, this is my club ffs

Someone did a great post just a few years ago on here showing 1 row of seats, emtpy each week, until the Utd game, then there they are. Those people should be shot, or maybe have their tickets taken off them

The other problem with the family stand is the amount of people that took advantage of the cheap tickets and because of that they can throw away the ticket when they want its a fu##in disgrace

the club should be looking at the stand and tickets and if you do not use them 5 times in a season they should be cancelled and given to someone who wants them.
Different rules for different parts of the ground, thats really going to work

Quite a few people I know (including myslef) wanted to go to this game but it was sold out. When a few tickets (5 or 6 individual tickets at most) came available on the ticket exchange I had a look but was put off by the £60 cost. Then to see a block of 20-30 people sat together leave at half time and not return, I was royaly pissed off.

How can city think giving away free tickets to people who aren't bothered is better than pricing individual tickets around £30 and letting us blues who have followed city for over 30 years access to these tickets.

Its madness the way we do it. We could fill out 60K plus if they got their act together

The other problem with the family stand is the amount of people that took advantage of the cheap tickets and because of that they can throw away the ticket when they want its a fu##in disgrace

the club should be looking at the stand and tickets and if you do not use them 5 times in a season they should be cancelled and given to someone who wants them.
I assume you would keep a log on people that go to restaurants and ban them if they don’t finish all their food 5 times as well?

The club know exactly why most of the seats are not filled, especially when they often claim games are sold out when it's clearly obvious there are unfilled seats dotted around the stadium for almost every game. It's about time they came clean and addressed the situation and let us know why this is and what they intend to do about it.

Agree with all this. If there is a waiting list then the club should start looking at no shows and some form of sanction. One easy rule would be miss 5 games and you lose your ST.
Sort out the redistribution system - make it easy and people cant complain. If you can't be arsed to turn up and you can't be arsed to sort someone else then at some point the club should take action.

As stated the case for filling the stadium and improving the atmosphere has been made over and over.
Next you will be advocating the club to force us to buy league cup tickets like a certain club in Trafford. The club have already sold tickets so bringing in draconian sanctions isnt the answer, not if there were some sort of incentive for attending then that might help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.