the aftermath

fbloke said:
bizzbo said:
oh dear, toys back in the pram please! I thought you thrived on the rough and tumble :/

Ladies please calm down.

You might spoil a seminal moment in the clubs history - they are ready to announce the price of the kids meals in the family stand.

Chicken nuggets 'n' chips £2.49

now, that's a matchday experience i wouldn't want to miss for the world ;p

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't quite understand the morbid fascination of trying to establish who I am or what I do for a living.

Levets in particular seems to know all about me, strangely enough I couldn't care less what he does or anyone does on here.

And I'll caveat that by telling you I don't feel compelled to out a poster acquaintance of yours withy direct links to somebody on the playing staff.

Not my style.

Go ahead, guys, continue your witch hunt. That won't get far with me, I'll just walk.

I'm here as a favour to Ric and as a rabid blue for 35 years - my sources for info are exactly that, mine.

...Not some jumped up little Forest supporting prick from the Guardian.

I've seen the likes of Spursmad and other supposed reliable posters just fade away from the need-to-know police.

Tolmie - I genuinely didn't mean it like that mate, that was just an off-the-cuff joke after it looked pretty clear Taylor has been snooping around on here and nicking your info.

Sorry if it came across as snipey, I'm genuinely not arsed who you are (not meant in a nasty way!) - just enjoying the info. I can certainly see why it might have come across another way.

Apologies.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BingoBango said:
He better not actually be Daniel Taylor.

I don't quite understand the morbid fascination of trying to establish who I am or what I do for a living.

Levets in particular seems to know all about me, strangely enough I couldn't care less what he does or anyone does on here.

And I'll caveat that by telling you I don't feel compelled to out a poster acquaintance of yours withy direct links to somebody on the playing staff.

Not my style.

Go ahead, guys, continue your witch hunt. That won't get far with me, I'll just walk.

I'm here as a favour to Ric and as a rabid blue for 35 years - my sources for info are exactly that, mine.

...Not some jumped up little Forest supporting prick from the Guardian.

I've seen the likes of Spursmad and other supposed reliable posters just fade away from the need-to-know police.

*in a louis walsh accent*

you remoind me of a young henry winter, you'll definately be in the foinal ;)

fbloke said:
bizzbo said:
oh dear, toys back in the pram please! I thought you thrived on the rough and tumble :/

Ladies please calm down.

You might spoil a seminal moment in the clubs history - they are ready to announce the price of the kids meals in the family stand.

do you actually know what goes in a chicken nugget?

apologies if I've disrupted the flow of the debate, but when it took that horribly predictable turn, I could take no more. couldn't resist a pop at 'the cabal'. and god give me strength the next ITK post that is an expanded version of what I read in the press 20 minutes prior..... I'm not having a go, Tolmie, but a natural cynic like me has too laugh, I want proof, dammit, and it never quite appears. I think the ego's on this board are as out of control as those in the dressing room, and I'm just about the worst. Today has been dramatic in so many ways and it's got the better of me. Sorry if I went OTT. In my defence the site is running horribly slow, and I am surrounded by chaos, so I can't review the thread as much as I'd want. I hope I added something to the debate. Now I've got half an hour to spare I think I've got something to say on the subject of players, money, and the men upstairs.

The point about Cook is this: he runs this club as a commercial operation. and on that score, I have had my socks knocked off on a regular basis. He's kind of irrelevant to what's really going on with all of this, which is the change on the football/players/transfers/wages side of things... the overall direction of the club comes from the very top, (which is what makes all the ITK stuff redundant when it comes to managers and so forth, IMO). The truth is their thoughts are a mystery to us all. there are probably good reasons for that.

Being in the dark is stressful, but I don't think any long term damage has been done in the last few months. We are pulling our hair out because we don't know where we stand, but for the players it shouldn't matter one iota who's in charge this year and the next, you pull together, keep your focus and work as hard as you can for the good of the club. If some didn't do that, it's probably better to know what you have on your hands and plan accordingly, than to be let down at a later date. It's serious money, the manager's salary is a pittance compared to last year's signings, for one thing, and the fundamental importance of the 'shape' of the squad eventually transcends all managers except for the Fergusons and Wengers.

Maybe that was part of their thinking, maybe not. We might have lost the battle but have taken the first step to winning the war. Or maybe they are just bumbling about not really knowing what they want. who knows. There's not a damned thing we can do about it even if we did have a clear picture of what was going on. This summer was always going to be the pivotal one, in terms of them imposing some sort of overall direction. At the very least, showing that they have learned from their mistakes.

I think the advisors have probably been right on top of the dressing room politics, and how that relates to the recruitment strategies, and the wages. clubs like Inter and Chelsea have learned the hard way not to pack their squads with highly paid good-but-not-great players. Show ponies and owner's favourites are nowhere to be seen (Sheva at chelsea, and recoba at inter being two good examples, mourinho kicked up an almighty fuss over the former, and in Recoba mancini got rid of a huge favourite of the intersti and moratti. yes, they have a few players on astronomical sums, but usually they don't arrive on those salaries, they perform well and negotiate, unless they are genuine top class men who are made for the job. Mourinho essentially 'rebuilt' inter by acquiring Lucio on a free and Sneijder from a club looking to get him off their books. It's orders of magnitude more value than city have realised for their investment.

If you get it right, a natural pecking order is established. Everyone has a purpose and is rewarded exactly according to their value to the team. If you are paid more than a player at another club it's because you are worth it, week in, week out. In pursuing established english players at all costs, city ended up paying Bridge more than Evra and Clichy, Barry more than Fabregas, and so on. That will be all too clear to the men who sign the checks. We were on the road to becoming a mix of a rich man's Newcastle and a poor man's Real. The real target is surely a rich man's Barca, or failing that, Inter, or Bayern.

The unseen impartial advisors will be telling them this. Marwood will be telling them this. Mancini will be retelling the story of his rebuilding at Inter, which is well worth reading up on if you want an idea of what's likely to happen this summer. Maybe, just maybe it's the reason they dumped Hughes before the window, as he was publicly intent on pursuing the same strategy (including inexplicably naming all of his targets to the press). What looked like a short-term move was actually aimed at halting that strategy in it's tracks. Look at the window. One guy on a free, and he was reduced to tears by our hardline negotiating stances. One super kid for a pittance. In the end maybe we were a little too parsimonious in the window, one more midfielder would have been the trick for the push for fourth. But the wage bill went down, and one free-loader was shown the door. If you look at it in a positive light, despite losing out eventually, we made progress on a long term strategy designed to avoid the pitfalls of being the richest club in the world. Whoever is the manager, we'll be better off for it.

stop press: khaldoon says there was never any prospect of mancini leaving.

the conspiracy theories write themselves, don't they?

bizzbo said:
ahem

ahh, twas the billy who mentioned cook. yep, jumped the gun on that one. tell me you weren't thinking about him tho ;)

This is what I posted about Cook:

BillyShears said:
My unqualified opinion is that Cook's hands are tied. The ultimate decision makers will always be Khaldoon/ADUG - and as such, they should have a stronger presence in and around the club on a day to day basis.

BillyShears said:
You know, I like Garry Cook. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he gets a raw deal.

You're right, our communication/pr strategy has been garbage since the Hughes sacking. But would replacing Cook really rectify that? It's an honest question...

Not sure how that fits your 'agenda' Bizzbo.

bizzbo said:
fbloke said:
Ladies please calm down.

apologies if I've disrupted the flow of the debate, but when it took that horribly predictable turn, I could take no more. couldn't resist a pop at 'the cabal'. and god give me strength the next ITK post that is an expanded version of what I read in the press 20 minutes prior..... I'm not having a go, Tolmie, but a natural cynic like me has too laugh, I want proof, dammit, and it never quite appears. I think the ego's on this board are as out of control as those in the dressing room, and I'm just about the worst. Today has been dramatic in so many ways and it's got the better of me. Sorry if I went OTT. In my defence the site is running horribly slow, and I am surrounded by chaos, so I can't review the thread as much as I'd want. I hope I added something to the debate. Now I've got half an hour to spare I think I've got something to say on the subject of players, money, and the men upstairs.

The point about Cook is this: he runs this club as a commercial operation. and on that score, I have had my socks knocked off on a regular basis. He's kind of irrelevant to what's really going on with all of this, which is the change on the football/players/transfers/wages side of things... the overall direction of the club comes from the very top, (which is what makes all the ITK stuff redundant when it comes to managers and so forth, IMO). The truth is their thoughts are a mystery to us all. there are probably good reasons for that.

Being in the dark is stressful, but I don't think any long term damage has been done in the last few months. We are pulling our hair out because we don't know where we stand, but for the players it shouldn't matter one iota who's in charge this year and the next, you pull together, keep your focus and work as hard as you can for the good of the club. If some didn't do that, it's probably better to know what you have on your hands and plan accordingly, than to be let down at a later date. It's serious money, the manager's salary is a pittance compared to last year's signings, for one thing, and the fundamental importance of the 'shape' of the squad eventually transcends all managers except for the Fergusons and Wengers.

Maybe that was part of their thinking, maybe not. We might have lost the battle but have taken the first step to winning the war. Or maybe they are just bumbling about not really knowing what they want. who knows. There's not a damned thing we can do about it even if we did have a clear picture of what was going on. This summer was always going to be the pivotal one, in terms of them imposing some sort of overall direction. At the very least, showing that they have learned from their mistakes.

I think the advisors have probably been right on top of the dressing room politics, and how that relates to the recruitment strategies, and the wages. clubs like Inter and Chelsea have learned the hard way not to pack their squads with highly paid good-but-not-great players. Show ponies and owner's favourites are nowhere to be seen (Sheva at chelsea, and recoba at inter being two good examples, mourinho kicked up an almighty fuss over the former, and in Recoba mancini got rid of a huge favourite of the intersti and moratti. yes, they have a few players on astronomical sums, but usually they don't arrive on those salaries, they perform well and negotiate, unless they are genuine top class men who are made for the job. Mourinho essentially 'rebuilt' inter by acquiring Lucio on a free and Sneijder from a club looking to get him off their books. It's orders of magnitude more value than city have realised for their investment.

If you get it right, a natural pecking order is established. Everyone has a purpose and is rewarded exactly according to their value to the team. If you are paid more than a player at another club it's because you are worth it, week in, week out. In pursuing established english players at all costs, city ended up paying Bridge more than Evra and Clichy, Barry more than Fabregas, and so on. That will be all too clear to the men who sign the checks. We were on the road to becoming a mix of a rich man's Newcastle and a poor man's Real. The real target is surely a rich man's Barca, or failing that, Inter, or Bayern.

The unseen impartial advisors will be telling them this. Marwood will be telling them this. Mancini will be retelling the story of his rebuilding at Inter, which is well worth reading up on if you want an idea of what's likely to happen this summer. Maybe, just maybe it's the reason they dumped Hughes before the window, as he was publicly intent on pursuing the same strategy (including inexplicably naming all of his targets to the press). What looked like a short-term move was actually aimed at halting that strategy in it's tracks. Look at the window. One guy on a free, and he was reduced to tears by our hardline negotiating stances. One super kid for a pittance. In the end maybe we were a little too parsimonious in the window, one more midfielder would have been the trick for the push for fourth. But the wage bill went down, and one free-loader was shown the door. If you look at it in a positive light, despite losing out eventually, we made progress on a long term strategy designed to avoid the pitfalls of being the richest club in the world. Whoever is the manager, we'll be better off for it.

Ive seen what he smokes, i dont think he gives a shit

allan harper said:
bizzbo said:

lol...nice meeting you last night Al ;)

shadygiz said:
allan harper said:

lol...nice meeting you last night Al ;)

Nice to meet you to boss, didnt think you'd remember ! You must be one of those that never forgets a pretty face ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.