the aftermath

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I really have no clue, Billy. Pretty sure any blue on here would be able to compile their own list of probables.

Albeit, led to understand messrs Ireland, SWP and Ned, would all have futures under Bobby.

That, I like. Only in the respect, they are homegrown and Mancini clearly has a particular mindset.

It's apparent he has worked with some of the best players in the world, can form opinions of character and the requirements he personally needs.

I do personally (IMO) believe we may have to say goodbye to Tevez, Ade and Bellers - certainly two of them.

I know what price the club have stuck on Stevie's head, and IMO, that means he's going nowhere this summer.

Got to be looking £15m upwards?

It certainly stacks up what you have alluded to in terms of City people believing he still has a big role to play.

Stevie is also classed as homegrown under the new PL rules, so we can stick an extra £5m premium on his head.

It would be madness to let him go. The balance of the midfield hasn't suited him this year. That won't be the case next season.

BingoBango said:
Well well well, looks like you have a fan Tolmie! Posted on the Guardian's website at 10.54, a whole hour after you.

Come on Taylor, at least make some attempt to make it look you're not lifting things from here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/06/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-job-safe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... y-job-safe</a>

Roberto Mancini has been assured he will remain as manager of Manchester City despite his failure to lead the team into the Champions League.

City's 1-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur last night means the richest club in English football will have to settle for next season's Europa League but the chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, says there are no plans to replace the former Internazionale manager.

He and the chief executive, Garry Cook, both went into the dressing room after the game to thank the players for their efforts and Khaldoon told them he was confident that, under Mancini, they would be in a better position to break into the Premier League's top four next season.

That support will be reiterated in an interview with the club's official website, to be pubished later today, in which Khaldoon expresses his support for Mancini and makes it clear that the club's owners in Abu Dhabi are going to give him more time.

Mancini, meanwhile, is already planning to bring his wife, Federica, over to England in September and is renting a house in Manchester after spending his first few months in a city-centre hotel.

He was asked after yesterday's game whether he was worried about losing his job and replied: "I'm confident. I think I will stay here. Why not? I have worked here five months and you don't start from the roof but the basement. We have worked very well and we are near the roof now. But I am not a magician and I don't have a magic wand. We wanted this [fourth] place, just like Liverpool and Aston Villa, but this is football."

Taylor is absolutely shameless. Pretty much accepted on here, Blue Moon is a favourite watering hole of his.

City fans will be soon out of the dumps I can tell you this!!

The thing is though, how on earth do we get rid of unwanted players when they command wages at City that other clubs couldn't/wouldn't pay?
Off the top of my head here's a list of players who aren't good enough to take us to the next level who are on ridiculous wages:

Robinho
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Toure
Wright Phillps
Jo
Viera (I appreciate he probably won't be given a new contract).

There's just 8 high earners we'll probably have to pay off which frankly disgusts me, no matter how much money we have.
A new signing policy on younger, hungrier players should be paramount now. People on here stating how they'd 'wank' if we sign Messi need to get real and realise these marquee names are not what's needed.

but you can't trust what they (the fat-cat players happy to pick up their 100k p/w, and those who's loyalties can be questioned) say. thus, 'if you want it' probably means 'if we believe you want it'. as well as 'even if you want it, if we don't want you, that's the same thing'

all I know is, the england clique is doomed. they might leave one alive, to tell others what happened, just like in the movies. can't you just picture wayne bridge cowering in the corner whistling a broken melody?

"Against Spurs on Wednesday, only Carlos Tevez truly resembled the kind of top-class player that City will need if they are to play in the Champions League.

City were outplayed and outclassed. . . ."

Did this journo watch last night's match? This doesn't fit anywhere near the game I saw.

And a good number of the players we had on show are the very ones 'Arry was in the market for and it was only by 'being blown out of the water by City' that they came to us.

How many of that team did the double over CFC?

Unbelievable what appears in print!

Nice one OP! :)

--------
Fuck the ones who don't want Mancini, I can't be arsed paying to watch someone who doesn't want to play for the club/management. The top teams are those with good talent AND a strong dressing room, those who want to play. Inter for example, Ballotelli acts up and the dressing room go against him because he's acting like a cock. Forza Mancini!

Oh it's finally come out has it?
I hope all those that were convinced and were trying to convince others on here that Mourinho was coming will now stop speculating and get behind the team come next season so we can all pull in the same direction!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.