the aftermath

bluemonkey71 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I really have no clue, Billy. Pretty sure any blue on here would be able to compile their own list of probables.

Albeit, led to understand messrs Ireland, SWP and Ned, would all have futures under Bobby.

That, I like. Only in the respect, they are homegrown and Mancini clearly has a particular mindset.

It's apparent he has worked with some of the best players in the world, can form opinions of character and the requirements he personally needs.

I do personally (IMO) believe we may have to say goodbye to Tevez, Ade and Bellers - certainly two of them.

Hopefully not Carlos

This!! Tevez HAS to stay... I could live with Adebayor and Bellamy leaving (if we get better replacements, but Tevez HAS to stay.

blue_paul said:
The thing is though, how on earth do we get rid of unwanted players when they command wages at City that other clubs couldn't/wouldn't pay?
Off the top of my head here's a list of players who aren't good enough to take us to the next level who are on ridiculous wages:

Robinho
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Toure
Wright Phillps
Jo
Viera (I appreciate he probably won't be given a new contract).

There's just 8 high earners we'll probably have to pay off which frankly disgusts me, no matter how much money we have.
A new signing policy on younger, hungrier players should be paramount now. People on here stating how they'd 'wank' if we sign Messi need to get real and realise these marquee names are not what's needed.

We could get 3-4 very good young players on 70k a week for all the money we waste on the list you've mentioned and still have spare cash.

Danamy said:
Oh it's finally come out has it?
I hope all those that were convinced and were trying to convince others on here that Mourinho was coming will now stop speculating and get behind the team come next season so we can all pull in the same direction!!

The one true ITK?

:)

blue_paul said:
The thing is though, how on earth do we get rid of unwanted players when they command wages at City that other clubs couldn't/wouldn't pay?
Off the top of my head here's a list of players who aren't good enough to take us to the next level who are on ridiculous wages:

Robinho
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Toure
Wright Phillps
Jo

There's just 8 high earners we'll probably have to pay off which frankly disgusts me, no matter how much money we have.
A new signing policy on younger, hungrier players should be paramount now. People on here stating how they'd 'wank' if we sign Messi need to get real and realise these marquee names are not what's needed.

We have a bargaining chip now that the squad rules are coming into effect - if you aren't listed in the squad of 25, you can't actually play.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
"Against Spurs on Wednesday, only Carlos Tevez truly resembled the kind of top-class player that City will need if they are to play in the Champions League.

City were outplayed and outclassed. . . ."

Did this journo watch last night's match? This doesn't fit anywhere near the game I saw.

And a good number of the players we had on show are the very ones 'Arry was in the market for and it was only by 'being blown out of the water by City' that they came to us.

How many of that team did the double over CFC?

Unbelievable what appears in print!
there was a winger AJ who in my opinion, did NOT deserve to be on the loosing side, this lad is going all the wat to the top, be it with or without us, every player, yes every player, gave there all last night, the fans where fookin brilliant, but alas , its over, europa leage it is, if we where offerd that at the start of the season, we would have snatched it up, there and then, to the fans, great voice last night , where the fuck have you been all season, we need that for every game not just the glam games, if the players had that week in week out, it would help them no end.
you would get the same effort week in week out, teams would really fear comming to eastlands and we wouldnt half win those matches that we lost or drew, just an idea, comeon HOW ABOUT IT, YOUR CLUB NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER, city fans are the GREATEST IN THE LAND AN ALL THE WORLD...

Danamy said:
I hope all those that were convinced and were trying to convince others on here that Mourinho was coming will now stop speculating and get behind the team come next season so we can all pull in the same direction!!

To be fair, Dan, you did say couple weeks ago this was on the cards.

However, the first real definitive across the board address to the entire playing staff, came about 15 minutes after the final whistle last night.

It was not a case of trying to convince people that Mourinho was coming.

For my own final reckoning, I can tell you the moves towards Jose have been very real for many months.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danamy said:

However, the first real definitive across the board address to the entire playing staff, came about 15 minutes after the final whistle last night.

For my own final reckoning, I can tell you the moves towards Jose have been very real for many months.

I think it's far too easy and just a little childish to start the "I told you so" posts. Especially considering it is a fact that two weeks ago neither the players nor Mancini knew he was staying.

Project said:
blue_paul said:

Robinho
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Toure
Wright Phillps
Jo

We have a bargaining chip now that the squad rules are coming into effect - if you aren't listed in the squad of 25, you can't actually play.

I'm sorry, would you elaborate, I'm not following?
If we have these players on the books we have to pay them these extortionate amounts causing resentment amongst other squad members. We'll find it very hard to get rid too, what is comforting about that?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danamy said:

You are correct about the moves for Jose but things dramatically changed about 3/4 weeks ago hence my thread to try and stop all the speclation on the board.
The playing staff might of been addressed about it only 15 minutes after the final whistle but my source told me 2 weeks ago (tongue in cheek wink)

blue_paul said:
Project said:

I'm sorry, would you elaborate, I'm not following?
If we have these players on the books we have to pay them these extortionate amounts causing resentment amongst other squad members. We'll find it very hard to get rid too, what is comforting about that?

we won't find it hard. many of them would be in demand, just not at the wages we are paying. but it's only money, you can always do a deal with them. think voluntary redundacy and you're on the right lines. a nice lump sum, our best wishes and don't slam the door on your way out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.