the aftermath

blue_paul said:
Project said:
We have a bargaining chip now that the squad rules are coming into effect - if you aren't listed in the squad of 25, you can't actually play.

I'm sorry, would you elaborate, I'm not following?
If we have these players on the books we have to pay them these extortionate amounts causing resentment amongst other squad members. We'll find it very hard to get rid too, what is comforting about that?

From next season you are allowed a maximum of 25 players in your squad who are over the age of 21. You have to register that squad with the PL. Players not registered are not allowed to play.

We can say to people who don't want to leave that they will not be included in the 25 man squad that is registered as we are signing their replacements anyway.

I don't doubt that RSC, Adebayor or whoever wouldn't be able to find as good of a deal elsewhere, but if they were basically excluded from playing football for the remaining 3 years of his contract he might take the paycut to play elsewhere.

Well Mancini told Sky last night that Tevez has 4 years left on his contract and that he's going nowhere, I hope he was telling the truth especially now he's apparently staying.

Danamy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
To be fair, Dan, you did say couple weeks ago this was on the cards.

However, the first real definitive across the board address to the entire playing staff, came about 15 minutes after the final whistle last night.

It was not a case of trying to convince people that Mourinho was coming.

For my own final reckoning, I can tell you the moves towards Jose have been very real for many months.

You are correct about the moves for Jose but things dramatically changed about 3/4 weeks ago hence my thread to try and stop all the speclation on the board.
The playing staff might of been addressed about it only 15 minutes after the final whistle but my source told me 2 weeks ago (tongue in cheek wink)
Things seem to have changed in the last 3-4 weeks. Before that, the message was quite unequivocal that Mancini wasn't staying and I understand players were told this.

They must have been pretty convinced that Mourinho was in the bag and have possibly been a bit naive over this.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
To be fair, Dan, you did say couple weeks ago this was on the cards.

However, the first real definitive across the board address to the entire playing staff, came about 15 minutes after the final whistle last night.

It was not a case of trying to convince people that Mourinho was coming.

For my own final reckoning, I can tell you the moves towards Jose have been very real for many months.

I think it's far too easy and just a little childish to start the "I told you so" posts. Especially considering it is a fact that two weeks ago neither the players nor Mancini knew he was staying.

If that's directed at me Billy, is it not just as childish in speculating in something that just isn't true?
Just like you are in your post on using the word fact when you don't know for sure it's 100% fact?........your guessing again aren't you?

So it now seems Mancini will be here next year and I for one am prepared to accept that DD, PB, Billy and Tolmie were genuinely posting stuff they had heard.

However maybe in future the ITKs can be a little less condescending to those questioning their statements. There are only two certainties in life death and taxes.

And if as stated we were still angling for Mourinho until recently, how many times has he turned us down? By my reckoning he has been offered the job on three separate occasions and he's knocked us back three times.

It is surely time to forget him forever, whether Mancini is here long term or not.

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
I think it's far too easy and just a little childish to start the "I told you so" posts. Especially considering it is a fact that two weeks ago neither the players nor Mancini knew he was staying.

If that's directed at me Billy, is it not just as childish in speculating in something that just isn't true?
Just like you are in your post on using the word fact when you don't know for sure it's 100% fact?........your guessing again aren't you?

You're right, i shouldn't have used the word 'fact'. I apologize.

I stand by everything else in my post.

robbieh said:
So it now seems Mancini will be here next year and I for one am prepared to accept that DD, PB, Billy and Tolmie were genuinely posting stuff they had heard.

However maybe in future the ITKs can be a little less condescending to those questioning their statements. There are only two certainties in life death and taxes.

And if as stated we were still angling for Mourinho until recently, how many times has he turned us down? By my reckoning he has been offered the job on three separate occasions and he's knocked us back three times.

It is surely time to forget him forever, whether Mancini is here long term or not.

If you want what you call the "ITKs" to be less "condescending", maybe you and your ilk might agree to be a bit more open-minded and less rude to people who want the best for the club just like you.

"Deluded", "bullshitters", "Hughes-inners", "Mancini-haters", "cabal", "destroying the club", "underminding the club" etc were things which were banded around.

There are still things going on behind the scenes at City and the only thing certain is the Northstanders have to move.

Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

If you want what you call the "ITKs" to be less "condescending", maybe you and your ilk might agree to be a bit more open-minded and less rude to people who want the best for the club just like you.

"Deluded", "bullshitters", "Hughes-inners", "Mancini-haters", "cabal", "destroying the club", "underminding the club" etc were things which were banded around.

There are still things going on behind the scenes at City and the only thing certain is the Northstanders have to move.

After the Villa game it was all quiet from the Cabal but sure enough following a defeat normal service is resumed.

What I can say is that you were probably naive to believe anything revolving around the contrary Mourinho. But it seems that you believe it is far from settled. We can therefore enjoy a bit of verbal jousting over the next few weeks.<br /><br />-- Thu May 06, 2010 12:43 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

After the Villa game it was all quiet from the Cabal but sure enough following a defeat normal service is resumed.

What I can say is that you were probably naive to believe anything revolving around the contrary Mourinho. But it seems that you believe it is far from settled. We can therefore enjoy a bit of verbal jousting over the next few weeks.

robbieh said:

Robbieh, I'm not going to let you off the hook with that one!

You appear to take this thread I started, as gospel, yet disputed the Jose claims I have also made on a regular basis.

Sure, this latest Mancini is staying thread, dovetails nicely with your own preferences in terms of what you felt the best course to plot by City.

However, I have never attempted to rubbish other peoples opinions on the matter.

The fact is, the OS will probably validate this thread later today, at least suggesting that sources for info are very close to the action.

I only rail when many people suggest others have agendas and are asked to validate postings, which would seriously compromise.

I'm sure you will accept some things are not just a simple case of black and white. much as it would be easier for all of us to digest.

I've not read the whole thread, my guess is that someone has already posted this.

The players have been in total confusion about who would be in charge next season for months. In fact they were absolutely adamant he was keeping the seat warm for someone. It was openly discussed in the dressing room.

The last 2 weeks, as the run-in has hotted up, several messages have gone out to them individually to get behind Mancini as he is the man. TH is now reporting last night it went to them all.

It's all been a fucking mess and has not helped our push for Europe. The men at the top should have questions put to them about this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.