the aftermath

Didsbury Dave said:
I've not read the whole thread, my guess is that someone has already posted this.

The players have been in total confusion about who would be in charge next season for months. In fact they were absolutely adamant he was keeping the seat warm for someone. It was openly discussed in the dressing room.

The last 2 weeks, as the run-in has hotted up, several messages have gone out to them individually to get behind Mancini as he is the man. TH is now reporting last night it went to them all.

It's all been a fucking mess and has not helped our push for Europe. The men at the top should have questions put to them about this.
Can't beat a bit of Peter Swales leadership.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I find that very difficult to believe. Not saying they weren't told that but we all know that quite a few aren't up to it and will have to go.
As Mark Ogden says in the Telegraph:

That goes without saying, mate. But the whole premise of addressing the rank and file was basically, 'get on board, or fook off.'

This was not lost on various members of the squad.

There are those who will deem us now not good enough for them, and others who Bobby does not deem good enough for him...

Everyone should expect squad outgoings of at least TEN.

Looks like that is farewell Tevez

It strikes me that our owners have made promises to players before they come of where we are going to finish and we have not lived up to it.

Fuck them i say they play for this club for the love and honour we fans give them and the bright future it has. If they have no patience they can go elsewhere for all I care.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've not read the whole thread, my guess is that someone has already posted this.

The players have been in total confusion about who would be in charge next season for months. In fact they were absolutely adamant he was keeping the seat warm for someone. It was openly discussed in the dressing room.

The last 2 weeks, as the run-in has hotted up, several messages have gone out to them individually to get behind Mancini as he is the man. TH is now reporting last night it went to them all.

It's all been a fucking mess and has not helped our push for Europe. The men at the top should have questions put to them about this.

To be honest, the more I hear, the more pissed off I'm getting with the players. They are coming across as whinging little backbiters (not all obviously) who weren't giving their all for City because they thought they could get away with it.

Tolmie's posted a few weeks ago about "losing respect" for certain people at the club and I can totally understand why now.

Didsbury Dave said:

You make a very good point about the "men at the top" having questions asked about them.

I couldn't agree more. There have been way too many major errors of judgement and communications at the very top of the club over the past two years and I fear we will never fully achieve our potential with the current overly large and competing management structure in place at the present time.

Far too many fingers in pies, lack of clarity in directiuon and strategy, too many competing interests trying to maintain their empires.

We all believed that when the owners took over we would wipe away the confusion and inflexibility of the previous City regimes, where relatively small shareholdings ultimately resulted in a lack of clear objectives and everyone "pulling together"

I believed that a single owner, such as we have, would bring the impetus to forge ahead in a modern management structure... whereas in reality we have too many "managers" reporting to an owner that is possible innocent in the ways of running a football club.

We have too many inexperienced members of the board, and the opportunities for a "fast talking salesman" to convince them that his way is the best way is palpable. The problem doeesn't lie on the footballing side, it lies with a CEO who is out of his depth.

He appointed a Football Administrator (whatever that means...) and a Technical Director, all of whom have a say in transfer targets. Is this the best approach? I remain to be convinced.

The most successful football clubs have the minimum amount of people making the big decisions... are we doiung it that way or are we overburdened with the "voices in ears" style of management?

I could list Cook's faux pas', but we all already know them. But this latest episode only confirms my view that to make significant progress as a world class football organisation we need to employ the right person at that level for the job.

And I don't believe that is Garry Cook.

Soulboy said:
You make a very good point about the "men at the top" having questions asked about them.

I couldn't agree more. There have been way too many major errors of judgement and communications at the very top of the club over the past two years and I fear we will never fully achieve our potential with the current overly large and competing management structure in place at the present time.

Far too many fingers in pies, lack of clarity in directiuon and strategy, too many competing interests trying to maintain their empires.

We all believed that when the owners took over we would wipe away the confusion and inflexibility of the previous City regimes, where relatively small shareholdings ultimately resulted in a lack of clear objectives and everyone "pulling together"

I believed that a single owner, such as we have, would bring the impetus to forge ahead in a modern management structure... whereas in reality we have too many "managers" reporting to an owner that is possible innocent in the ways of running a football club.

We have too many inexperienced members of the board, and the opportunities for a "fast talking salesman" to convince them that his way is the best way is palpable. The problem doeesn't lie on the footballing side, it lies with a CEO who is out of his depth.

He appointed a Football Administrator (whatever that means...) and a Technical Director, all of whom have a say in transfer targets. Is this the best approach? I remain to be convinced.

The most successful football clubs have the minimum amount of people making the big decisions... are we doiung it that way or are we overburdened with the "voices in ears" style of management?

I could list Cook's faux pas', but we all already know them. But this latest episode only confirms my view that to make significant progress as a world class football organisation we need to employ the right person at that level for the job.

My unqualified opinion is that Cook's hands are tied. The ultimate decision makers will always be Khaldoon/ADUG - and as such, they should have a stronger presence in and around the club on a day to day basis.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The powers-that-be came in to the dressing room shortly after final whistle.

EVERYONE was congratulated, and thanked for giving the fans and the owner a season of rich promise.

EVERYONE was told nothing will divert them from their path of making us the very best

EVERYONE was told they have a future at City if they want it, and promised exciting things ahead this summer and some things were well progressed.

Most notably, EVERYONE was told Mancini will still be the manager.

Some of the players found it refereshing, others not so. Whether this was down to the pain of defeat, or the assertion that Bobby was staying on, no clue.

Mancini told them to believe it will be us next time.

I would find it astonishing if there was any U-turn on this based on the definitive way they made things out so plainly.

CHeers for that, cheered me up slightly

Soulboy said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Absolutely A-men to that.

There is stll much wrong in the hieracrchy at City. Your post deserves it's own thread, Soulboy.

Nice to meet you last night.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

My unqualified opinion is that Cook's hands are tied. The ultimate decision makers will always be Khaldoon/ADUG - and as such, they should have a stronger presence in and around the club on a day to day basis.

Don't disagree that Khaldoon/ADUG are the decision makers... don't disagree that they need to have a more hands-on presence in and around the club.. but they pay the CEO in excess of a cool mill per annum to do that job for them and I believe he doesn't sit in that role well enough.

His hands might be tied, be he still has a figurehead role at the club, all communications should emanate from him, and I feel our communications strategy is piss-poor at the moment.

Wasn't it you that stated only a few days ago that we were letting the media have an easy ride in belittling City? I agree. So why doesn't our CEO take a lead on this matter? It's his responsibility, and his lack of action suggests he must be content with our relationship with the media... which is surprising to be fair!

Cook has known for months now about the speculation regarding Mancini and should have been more proactive in dealing with it. But he didn't.

So what is his job if it's not communications?

If his hands are truly tied, then he should resign as a mater of honour and go and work for an organisation that respects him and allows him to manage effectively. A bit of a cop-out at that level to suggest "I am only taking orders"...

Soulboy said:
Don't disagree that Khaldoon/ADUG are the decision makers... don't disagree that they need to have a more hands-on presence in and around the club.. but they pay the CEO in excess of a cool mill per annum to do that job for them and I believe he doesn't sit in that role well enough.

His hands might be tied, be he still has a figurehead role at the club, all communications should emanate from him, and I feel our communications strategy is piss-poor at the moment.

Wasn't it you that stated only a few days ago that we were letting the media have an easy ride in belittling City? I agree. So why doesn't our CEO take a lead on this matter? It's his responsibility, and his lack of action suggests he must be content with our relationship with the media... which is surprising to be fair!

Cook has known for months now about the speculation regarding Mancini and should have been more proactive in dealing with it. But he didn't.

So what is his job if it's not communications?

If his hands are truly tied, then he should resign as a mater of honour and go and work for an organisation that respects him and allows him to manage effectively. A bit of a cop-out at that level to suggest "I am only taking orders"...

You know, I like Garry Cook. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he gets a raw deal.

You're right, our communication/pr strategy has been garbage since the Hughes sacking. But would replacing Cook really rectify that? It's an honest question...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.