The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't mean to be controversial with my response. Was just being a little silly to be fair. But Mahrez rightly won player of the season. It wasn't luck. He earned every bit of it. Could he go back into obscurity, sure, but so could Nasri.

As of today based on their most recent performances, Mahrez and Nasri are not in the same area code. 1 is part timer for the 4th place team and the other is the POY for the league who's team won the league..

Nasri's best season as a footballer wasn't as good as Mahrez last season. You can say Mahrez needs more seasons like that for him to be deemed a bonafied superstar, and I'll agree. But we are talking about who is currently better: I honestly don't think it's arguable that Nasri currently is:

Could he be better next season? Possibly. Is he presently better? Absolutely not. They ate not even close right now.

So when someone says Nasri is better, I feel like we are in an argument I've already lost before it even started. Hence why I end up with silly responses like the above. My apologies for seeming glib. That wasn't my intent. It was more a resignation to the reality that I wasn't gonna see eye to eye on the issue with

Stopped reading at Nasri could go back into obscurity. Suggest you stop digging; if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped reading at Nasri could go back into obscurity. Suggest you stop digging; if you haven't already.
Please don't stop him, it is quiet after all. :)...that Hazard guy is proper poo too :)

If you didn't understand the point of that sentence, ask!

The point was, guessing what will happen in future is silly, which is the only basis anyone can use to suggest Nasri is better. Mahrez is better. Period. If Nasri wins Player of the Year next season, let's revisit. Until then let's stop comparing a POY to a sub. It's just silly.

Dax777 said:
If you didn't understand the point of that sentence, ask!

The point was, guessing what will happen in future is silly, which is the only basis anyone can use to suggest Nasri is better. Mahrez is better. Period. If Nasri wins Player of the Year next season, let's revisit. Until then let's stop comparing a POY to a sub. It's just silly.

Just because you win a poty doesn't make you a better player

Is vardy better then Aguero ????

Is mahrez better then David silva ???

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Just because you win a poty doesn't make you a better player

Is vardy better then Aguero ????

Is mahrez better then David silva ???

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Last season, Mahrez was better than Silva. Which makes comparing Nasri to him quite ridiculous.

Last season, Mahrez was better than Silva. Which makes comparing Nasribto him quite ridiculous.
City had a difficult season for all kinds of reasons. Leicester maximised their potential. We didn't. Mahrez was phenomenally good. Leicester are a team of really hard working players who looked to mahrez all the time. Toure performed the same role at City where Toure was at the fulcrum of most of our play. You can compare the styles and potential of players and what they could bring to a team even if their team didn't have a great season. If I had a choice of Mahrez, Nasri and Silva, it would be a tough call. I don't think a comparison of the players is ridiculous given the seasons they have had. Mahrez has had one truly incredible season. Can he deal with the attention he will get next season when every team will be set up to deal with him? We'll see. Somethings still to prove

Regarding the transfer mkt. euros about to start - perhaps a few deals to get announced before they Kick Off. once they do it could slow down.

I expected teams like Man Utd and Liverpool to be very active. Mourinho has had lots of time to plan. Plenty of time left, but its Arsenal and City who so far have stolen a march on everyone else in the transfer market.

City had a difficult season for all kinds of reasons. Leicester maximised their potential. We didn't. Mahrez was phenomenally good. Leicester are a team of really hard working players who looked to mahrez all the time. Toure performed the same role at City where Toure was at the fulcrum of most of our play. You can compare the styles and potential of players and what they could bring to a team even if their team didn't have a great season. If I had a choice of Mahrez, Nasri and Silva, it would be a tough call. I don't think a comparison of the players is ridiculous given the seasons they have had. Mahrez has had one truly incredible season. Can he deal with the attention he will get next season when every team will be set up to deal with him? We'll see. Somethings still to prove
I'd have him at a reasonable price but I'd prefer Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.