The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 0 space for another striker. What do we do with Nacho and Gabriel Jesus? We can't have a 30 million 19 year old that every club on the planet wanted signing as 4th choice. We have more than enough depth and we need them to develop, if we bring in another striker its not going to help them at all. If anything the only places I can see an upgrade are GK,CM and full backs. We are maxed out in every other departments

We have 0 space for another striker. What do we do with Nacho and Gabriel Jesus? We can't have a 30 million 19 year old that every club on the planet wanted signing as 4th choice. We have more than enough depth and we need them to develop, if we bring in another striker its not going to help them at all. If anything the only places I can see an upgrade are GK,CM and full backs. We are maxed out in every other departments

I'd add CB to that list. Stones, Otamendi and the injured Kompany are our only CB's Pep rates highly. With Kolarov as 4th choice.

Exactly. If we sign anyone I hope it's a right back to be honest.

I'd add CB to that list. Stones, Otamendi and the injured Kompany are our only CB's Pep rates highly. With Kolarov as 4th choice.
We can get a backup CB, but we have Tosin still who can cover as well and he liked Kolarov there as well.

Well the point I was making is even more relevant after Pep's presser.

He says they can all stay if they want to work with him, but they can't.
He's simply changing the narrative to "Hart could have stayed but didn't want to stay and fight for his place"

Very clever that.

Who do blues think will leave? Getting worried players like Nasri, Yaya, Mangala and Bony are still here. I suppose we could always sell Bony in Jan when Jesus arrives but we really need to ship out Nasri, Yaya and Mangala.

He's simply changing the narrative to "Hart could have stayed but didn't want to stay and fight for his place"

Very clever that.

Looking at the current squad re senior players, if we go off the CL squad, plus the injured players, it leaves Bony & Nasri as the only 'fit' senior players not included. Yaya was in the squad but didn't travel. Perhaps that is an indication of where we were up to at the time.

If rumours are true that both Nasri & Bony are talking to other clubs, then from what I can see, if they are going, that would mean the squad all fits as of today. We would have 17 for the 'free' places, including Kelechi & Sane, plus 4 in the homegrown spaces. (plus Denayer as club trained)

But then as soon as Bravo arrives, we are a player over the odds again for Champs League purposes. I suppose it would technically be possible to fit everyone in as far as the Premier League goes, but pretty daft to have 3 senior keepers plus Gunn. It is actually feasible Joe could stay & fight it out with the others though. Someone would have to drop out for Europe.

Edit: Doh, forgot Mangala.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.