The Boxing thread

Mat Macklin has gone backwards since signing a deal with Warren. No doubt about it Macklin should of been fighting for a World title by now not pissing about at European level. I honestly think Mat will win a World title. The Martinez fight wont happen and I wouldnt think Warren will put him in with him. He should go after either Sebastian Sylvester , Felix Sturm or Dmitry Pirog first before going for a fight with Martinez those other 3 fights are all winable for Macklin.

Also on the undercard of the Khan fight a young Irish boxer will be fighting called Jamie Kavanagh he has been sparring up at the Wild Card gym and has been signed up by Golden Boy. This is a good thing for Irish fighters. Look at most of our world champions over the years the likes of Dunne and Collins had Freddie Roache in there corner at some stage. A great place for young fighters to be at. Him , Dean Byrne and to some extent Mat Macklin have been training with Freddie in the last year or so.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikx7zRLgPGU[/youtube] A little interview with Jamie talks a wee bit about sparring Khan and Manny.

I think Macklin should go for Pirog. He's being a little over-rated because of his KO of Danny Jacobs. I think it would be an exciting fight. I can't imagine him landing a fight with Sturm or Sylvester on nuetral territory, let alone getting home advantage.

ono said:
I think Macklin should go for Pirog. He's being a little over-rated because of his KO of Danny Jacobs. I think it would be an exciting fight. I can't imagine him landing a fight with Sturm or Sylvester on nuetral territory, let alone getting home advantage.

It wouldnt bother him going to Germany to fight either Sturm or Sylvester both have been KO'd in Germany which Macklin will have to go over a do but with Macklins power he has a great chance to do so. What I dont want to see is Macklin wasting any more time at European level. So the Darren Barker fight can fuck off Mat is leagues ahead of him. There are big fights out there for Macklin were he can make huge money from. Be it against Irish fighters if Mat wants to break into the US a fight with either Lee or Duddy will get him on the radar over there. But he needs to get the World title shot he is too good for the level he is fighting at. If Warren has any sense he would be onto Strums people now for a fight he has a defence coming up in Feburary get Macklin in there with him. If not get Sylvester fight signed.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Hi lads have any of you seen Terry Flanagan fight?
My brother is mates with his old man, I was chatting to him the other day the lad has won all 9 of his fights and is managed by Frank Maloney. Spars a lot with Rendall Munroe and fights at Super Bantamweight.

Never heard of the lad done a quick check on boxrec and it showed up a Irish fighter who had 2 fights and 2 KOs defeats. Maloney seems to have the best Super Bamtamweights in the UK with Munroe and Jason Booth. This division if you include Irish fighters is a booming division. Tonight 1 of out better prospects is fighting at Super Bamtamweight the lad is going to go to the top if he keeps preforming the way he is Carl Frampton. Cant wait to watch his fight tonight he goes for his first title the Celtic title and has spared Booth in the past the kid has it all.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Bloody hell Leighton you are obsessed with Carl Frampton!
Only joking fella he sounds a prospect is he on YouTube?
I found a little on google about Terry Flanagan sounds a decent prospect.

The lad was on fire tonight he KO'D Gavin Reid in 2 rounds the lad is going places. This bloke if he doesnt win or fight for a World title then I know fuck all about boxing will try and get the fight off some of my sources and once it is up I will put it up on here. Gavin Reid only got beaten by Scott Quigg by a KO in the 9th round. Frampton was so good tonight even Steve Bunce said he could already beat a host of the top Super Bamtamweights in the UK and Ireland the only 2 at the moment he thinks are too good at the moment are Munroe and Booth. Give the kid 5 to 7 fights and he could well be in there with the top fighters of the UK and Ireland. The lads going to the top trust me. I gave the lads the inside scoop on Casey about Prizefighter whoever I talk to they have nothing but glowing praise for the bloke.

The only fight on youtube was his last fight nice short fight.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZf12-P2kcc[/youtube]

Short film about Khan's preparations for the Malignaggi fight. Seems like a down to earth kid to me. I prefer him to Haye anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an7ONqwvQ3E&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gblsGPUkatU&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTRXpXwJjw&feature=related[/youtube]

leighton said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Bloody hell Leighton you are obsessed with Carl Frampton!
Only joking fella he sounds a prospect is he on YouTube?
I found a little on google about Terry Flanagan sounds a decent prospect.

The lad was on fire tonight he KO'D Gavin Reid in 2 rounds the lad is going places. This bloke if he doesnt win or fight for a World title then I know fuck all about boxing will try and get the fight off some of my sources and once it is up I will put it up on here. Gavin Reid only got beaten by Scott Quigg by a KO in the 9th round. Frampton was so good tonight even Steve Bunce said he could already beat a host of the top Super Bamtamweights in the UK and Ireland the only 2 at the moment he thinks are too good at the moment are Munroe and Booth. Give the kid 5 to 7 fights and he could well be in there with the top fighters of the UK and Ireland. The lads going to the top trust me. I gave the lads the inside scoop on Casey about Prizefighter whoever I talk to they have nothing but glowing praise for the bloke.

The only fight on youtube was his last fight nice short fight.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZf12-P2kcc[/youtube]

2bh I wouldn't be surprised if that Voronin is as good as boxing as his namesake Andriy was at liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.