The Boxing thread

conormcfc said:
Great news but don't primetime already have the rights for the entire super 6 tournament? Or do you mean Froch's next fight after the super 6?
That is what I thought but both Hennessey and Froch would be mad to not try and get out of that contract if Sky come looking for him. Not a lot of people can get primetime if it wasnt for Shady and his links I wouldnt be able to see Froch. With Sky it opens up more money for Hennessey and Froch so is a no brainer.

ono said:
Some great fights next weekend...

Amir Khan - Marcos Maidana

Victor Ortiz - Lamont Peterson

James De Gale - Paul Smith

Dereck Chisora - Wladimir Klitschko

Vic Darchinyan - Abner Mares

Yonnhy Perez - Joseph Agbeko

Plus...

Nathan Cleverly, Kell Brook, Mathew Macklin, Joan Guzman, Andy Lee and Jeff Lacy are all fighting. Looking forward to it...

Picks?

There will be a number of upsets on that card. Paul Smith for 1 is great odds to beat DeGale 7/2 wrong time to fight him and they should of went with Groves instead first defeat I think.
Khan to get beaten as well is great value in money first time he is in with a banger since the Presscot KO and he is 9/4 with Paddy Power 2 great bets at decent odds well worth a bet.
I would expect Macklin , Lee , Cleverly , Brock all to win there fights. As for the other fights Klitschko to win and Vic Darchinyan to win the rest I will sit on the fence for the moment but its a nice way to end the boxing year.

leighton said:
conormcfc said:
Great news but don't primetime already have the rights for the entire super 6 tournament? Or do you mean Froch's next fight after the super 6?
That is what I thought but both Hennessey and Froch would be mad to not try and get out of that contract if Sky come looking for him. Not a lot of people can get primetime if it wasnt for Shady and his links I wouldnt be able to see Froch. With Sky it opens up more money for Hennessey and Froch so is a no brainer.

ono said:
Some great fights next weekend...

Amir Khan - Marcos Maidana

Victor Ortiz - Lamont Peterson

James De Gale - Paul Smith

Dereck Chisora - Wladimir Klitschko

Vic Darchinyan - Abner Mares

Yonnhy Perez - Joseph Agbeko

Plus...

Nathan Cleverly, Kell Brook, Mathew Macklin, Joan Guzman, Andy Lee and Jeff Lacy are all fighting. Looking forward to it...

Picks?

There will be a number of upsets on that card. Paul Smith for 1 is great odds to beat DeGale 7/2 wrong time to fight him and they should of went with Groves instead first defeat I think.
Khan to get beaten as well is great value in money first time he is in with a banger since the Presscot KO and he is 9/4 with Paddy Power 2 great bets at decent odds well worth a bet.
I would expect Macklin , Lee , Cleverly , Brock all to win there fights. As for the other fights Klitschko to win and Vic Darchinyan to win the rest I will sit on the fence for the moment but its a nice way to end the boxing year.
It should be a great night. I actually think it's probably worth the PPV.

As much as it pains me, I can't see Khan being beaten. I would love it though, can't stand the guy.

Wlad will school Chisora as well, hopefully the Haye fight will manifest itself.

It seems the big bang Willie Casey is on the verge of a World title shot after only 11 fights which has seen him go from Prizefighter winner to European Champion in the space of a year. Now it seems he will vacate the title to take on Cuban Champion Guilermo Rigondeaux mainly down to his Irish manager Gary Hyde who hopes to have the fight in Millstreet around Paddys Day. He has sorted out tv in the US with ESPN. He is in talks with Sky and RTE for the fight for Ireland and UK. This is some rise for Big Bang and is a bit too early for the lad if I am honest but the Big Bang has a punchers chance and is fighting in Ireland so you just never know.

Here is the full report.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=25959&more=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=25959&more=1</a>

LeftHook said:
As much as it pains me, I can't see Khan being beaten. I would love it though, can't stand the guy.

Wlad will school Chisora as well, hopefully the Haye fight will manifest itself.
Booooo, i like Khan. Much less annoying than Haye, Hatton and Calzaghe ever were/are.

Couple of Irish lads fighting in the next 2 days. Cant wait to have a look at brickfists Carl Frampton tomorrow night. The Jackal is up against Gavin Reid tomorrow night on Priemier Sports in the UK and Setanta Ireland over here. The lad is going places and will be a huge star in the making in the Super Bamtamweight division. I would expect him to be fighting for the British title some time next year. I would love to see Frampton in there with Scot Quigg now I honestly think he has the tools to beat Quigg now.

Then Saturday night on the under card of the Ricky Burns world title fight Stephen Ormond this lad has a lot of talent started out here for 2 fights then like most of the best Irish fighters headed off to the US for a year. Didnt take to life in the US but Warren came in to take him closer to home. Fighting at Lightweight maybe needs a bit more power to his game to get to the top but he is with the best promotor to get him all the way to the top.

Victor Ortiz who hasn't been mentioned is also fighting on the Khan undercard next week. Despite the Maidana loss I still rate him quite highly, he looked brilliant against Nate Campbell. He's facing a live opponent in Lamont Peterson.

Matt Macklin was on ringside tonight saying he wants Sergio Martinez next year. Not sure about that one tbh.

conormcfc said:
Victor Ortiz who hasn't been mentioned is also fighting on the Khan undercard next week. Despite the Maidana loss I still rate him quite highly, he looked brilliant against Nate Campbell. He's facing a live opponent in Lamont Peterson.

Matt Macklin was on ringside tonight saying he wants Sergio Martinez next year. Not sure about that one tbh.
Lol, Martinez will kill him.

I think with Ortiz, he will always have the question mark over his heart and mental character after what happened with Maidana. Be a good fight with Peterson though. Suppose we'll get to see what Peterson's got aswell. First test since the Bradley fight. I'm guessing Sky will show this anyway.

ono said:
conormcfc said:

I think with Ortiz, he will always have the question mark over his heart and mental character after what happened with Maidana. Be a good fight with Peterson though. Suppose we'll get to see what Peterson's got aswell. First test since the Bradley fight. I'm guessing Sky will show this anyway.
I've put the Maidana thing down to youth tbh. I still think he's better than Maidana and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at Khan next year. He's more than capable of mixing it with the elite at 140.

Maybe Macklin could get a fight with Paul Williams on his comeback trail, I dunno. He should worry about getting a world title first before taking on the big guns.

conormcfc said:
ono said:

I've put the Maidana thing down to youth tbh. I still think he's better than Maidana and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at Khan next year. He's more than capable of mixing it with the elite at 140.

Maybe Macklin could get a fight with Paul Williams on his comeback trail, I dunno. He should worry about getting a world title first before taking on the big guns.
Yeah i think Macklin needs to get comfortable at world class level (if he can) before taking on the big guns.

Yeah i agree that Ortiz is better than Maidana. He'd have beaten him if he was a little smarter and less up for a tear up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.