The Boxing thread

No point fighting GGG if you cant fight for the belt. Jacobs done well in the fight granted but he couldnt make the weight limit for the title. I read somewhere that he decided to go in over weight so he could have a better chance against GGG. Thats the main reason why Andy Lee was on the under card in the build up just incase GGG and Jacobs didnt happen. Fair fucks to GGG he took the fight and won it. It was close but I had GGG up by 1 to the max of 2 rounds in the end.
This fight now sets up GGG V Canello hopefully fingers crossed it goes ahead. As for Jacobs move up to Super Middleweight as he cant seem to make the Middleweight limit it seems or he didnt want to try and make that weight against GGG.

It was just the IBF belt that wasn't on the line. They insist on a weight check the morning of the fight and the fighters can be no more than 10lbs I think overweight. Basically Golovkin fought a light Heavyweight last night cos Jacobs would of rehydrated up to 175lbs+ easy.

I had Golovkin winning by 2. The stats say he threw and landed nearly 150 more punches during the fight.
No point fighting GGG if you cant fight for the belt. Jacobs done well in the fight granted but he couldnt make the weight limit for the title. I read somewhere that he decided to go in over weight so he could have a better chance against GGG. Thats the main reason why Andy Lee was on the under card in the build up just incase GGG and Jacobs didnt happen. Fair fucks to GGG he took the fight and won it. It was close but I had GGG up by 1 to the max of 2 rounds in the end.
This fight now sets up GGG V Canello hopefully fingers crossed it goes ahead. As for Jacobs move up to Super Middleweight as he cant seem to make the Middleweight limit it seems or he didnt want to try and make that weight against GGG.

I had 3G winning by a rnd or two, still a great effort by DJ.. Golovkin isn't normally a fast starter and i was half expecting Jacobs to roll the dice and come out like he did against Quillin. Regarding the weight, 170 lb was the limit on the day, sure he thought he needed the extra weight to beat GGG.

Going to watch it again tonight I had Jacobs by 2 rounds, there were some close ones but GGG was trying to pinch the round with one big punch which I never fall for. Had the knockdown not taken place(he seemed fine it wasn't a heavy one balance was as much a reason for it) I don't see how you could give it to GGG without that, it was his best opponent by far and he was a little lucky to get the nod, which is an indication for me that he is very good but people are a bit over the top with it at times. Even most of Box Nation had Jacobs winning it and they love GGG.

It's not a robbery(a close fight should never be called that) but it was disappointingly predictable how a close fight would be called(he's worth too much to certain people undefeated) a draw I don't think anyone could have argued too much with but GGG by two rounds I could not see on the first watch how people were scoring it that way. Jacobs defense was good and as for the punch stats we all know how unreliable they can be with regards to scoring punches(on the gloves or when a fighter is rolling with them taking all the sting out of them).

Last edited:

Interesting about Andy Lee.. was Adam Booth there? With BJS in his stable he might have wanted a closer look.

Jacobs weight is a big topic on the social media with boxing fans... Am I right in saying he's allowed upto 170 on the day of the fight? But he refused? If I have this correct, GGG would generally be around 160 and Jacobs might have been 170-175??? If that's the case, he's really playing with fire getting down to the weight for the weigh-in.

Going to watch it again tonight I had Jacobs by 2 rounds, there were some close ones but GGG was trying to pinch the round with one big punch which I never fall for. Had the knockdown not taken place(he seemed fine it wasn't a heavy one balance was as much a reason for it) I don't see how you could give it to GGG without that, it was his best opponent by far and he was a little lucky to get the nod, which is an indication for me that he is very good but people are a bit over the top with it at times. Even most of Box Nation had Jacobs winning it and they love GGG.

It's not a robbery(a close fight should never be called that) but it was disappointingly predictable how a close fight would be called(he's worth too much to certain people undefeated) a draw I don't think anyone could have argued too much with but GGG by two rounds I could not see on the first watch how people were scoring it that way. Jacobs defense was good and as for the punch stats we all know how unreliable they can be with regards to scoring punches(on the gloves or when a fighter is rolling with them taking all the sting out of them).

It might have been Jacobs win if he backed GGG up a bit more. The compubox stats were well in favour of GGG and Jacobs face showed more damage too. I was worried with Jacobs heavy weight and hands he might inflict damage to GGG, not a bloody mark on him. Even Kell did more over 4 rounds.

It's a bit crap for Jacobs to get through that much effort and punishment to then feel like it's been taken away from you, but he should remember that if he stays at the weight he's the man people all the non-belt contenders should go through to get a shot at GGG. So, that means, Lee, Leimeux, E*bank jr, even Canelo! Okay maybe not Canelo..

It might have been Jacobs win if he backed GGG up a bit more. The compubox stats were well in favour of GGG and Jacobs face showed more damage too. I was worried with Jacobs heavy weight and hands he might inflict damage to GGG, not a bloody mark on him. Even Kell did more over 4 rounds.

It's a bit crap for Jacobs to get through that much effort and punishment to then feel like it's been taken away from you, but he should remember that if he stays at the weight he's the man people all the non-belt contenders should go through to get a shot at GGG. So, that means, Lee, Leimeux, E*bank jr, even Canelo! Okay maybe not Canelo..
Even HBO tell you not to make too much of the compubox stats... when it suits them. Jacobs defense was better than GGG's by a distance he was rolling with the punches, upper body movement, heads went in there too a lot which other than the knockdown(where he didn't seem to land anything big or flush) is the most likely reason for being marked up. I can see you're a big GGG fan but even some of his biggest fanboys were a bit worried come the score cards, that says it all, lucky to get the win the knockdown glosses over just how well Jacobs outboxed him(even if it was close Jacobs was doing the better boxing while GGG was more focused on looking busy which is a tactic to fool the judges for many boxing fans) for long periods of the fight. Maybe that being in the back of the judges mind flavoured their view for the rest of the night in the close rounds, when Jacobs looked comfortable overall for the rest of it if anything. Either way I'm not calling it a robbery GGG was good in his own right but since it was so close and could have gone either way there should be a rematch, Jacobs more than earned it.

Last edited:
Interesting about Andy Lee.. was Adam Booth there? With BJS in his stable he might have wanted a closer look.

Jacobs weight is a big topic on the social media with boxing fans... Am I right in saying he's allowed upto 170 on the day of the fight? But he refused? If I have this correct, GGG would generally be around 160 and Jacobs might have been 170-175??? If that's the case, he's really playing with fire getting down to the weight for the weigh-in.

As far as i am aware Lee is still being trained by Adam Booth. Didnt see the Lee fight so not too sure how he looked or who was in the corner on the night. Lee needs to be more active and hopefully get a few more wins under his belt.

As far as i am aware Lee is still being trained by Adam Booth. Didnt see the Lee fight so not too sure how he looked or who was in the corner on the night. Lee needs to be more active and hopefully get a few more wins under his belt.

Yeah he's still with Booth as well as BJS who's now left Tibbs. Lee obviously looked abit rusty but won easy enough.

Watched the Chocolatito fight last night, was surprised he lost I scored it 8-4 in his favour (with the point off taking out the knockdown) but when I told my mate he said he scored it for Rungsvai, weird that you can see the fight so differently. Looking at the stats though Roman landed over 100 more punches, which I thought he was producing the cleaner work during the fight. Quality scrap anyway, just think Super fly is a step too far for him, his power doesn't command any respect at the weight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.