The Boxing thread

Joshua is a very good fighter but last night he was beaten by a fighter who was levels above him and you are right about about fury aswell because usyk beats him easily aswell. The only way you beat usyk is by going in there and actually trying to go to war with him which again may not guarantee the win but at least you have a chance because outboxing him is not going to happen. Not very often you see elite fighters come around so make the most of it and enjoy. And don’t forget in 19 pro fights with his guy has unified cruiserweight and has 3 heavyweight belts .

p4p I agree he beats most but just think the size and style of fury maybe to big of an ask

I’m not a huge Fury fan, apart from the 2nd Wilder fight I find his fights horrible to watch
Just think he will be all over Usyk, holding him dropping his weight all over him and just wearing him out, I thought AJ should’ve been getting closer and leaning all over him last night, use your advantages, Ali was a master at it

All this over looking bollocks being touted, drivel

Usyk is a refined boxer and AJ is a robot in comparable terms, so pleased for Usyk and you see what it means to the lad, taken nothing for granted and exposed what has been apparent since the first Ruiz fight, AJ is well managed, however elite he isn’t, despite original excitement (me included)....

We were all sat round watching AJ's ringwalk and all said wtf. Looked totally unfocused, wanting to touch gloves with anyone and everyone and I just don't think he has that nasty killer streak required to be top level. If he has a rematch he should change his corner men as they gave him shit advice all through the fight. Just before the 11th, they said stay behind your jab and let him come to you???. He had the centre of the ring for the majority of the fight but didn't utilise it to his advantage

Just gutted Usyk didn't wear his City top like he did when he came over to fight Bellew, would of capped off a perfect day.

I don't buy into Joshua's got great boxing skills cos he danced around fat Ruiz in the return.
He got boxed to death last night by the superior man.
Joshua has now lost his belts and is at a crossroads with Sly sports, thats why he is know spouting off he will fight Fury without the need for belts, aye ok Anthony

We were all sat round watching AJ's ringwalk and all said wtf. Looked totally unfocused, wanting to touch gloves with anyone and everyone and I just don't think he has that nasty killer streak required to be top level. If he has a rematch he should change his corner men as they gave him shit advice all through the fight. Just before the 11th, they said stay behind your jab and let him come to you???. He had the centre of the ring for the majority of the fight but didn't utilise it to his advantage
The centre of the ring is the last place he should be against such a skilled boxer, the tactics were simple, he should of capitalised on a greater weight advantage (he trimmed down far to much) as he never had the boxing skills to trouble him, that weight will of enabled him to wear him down, thus fatigue beats Usyk!

The centre of the ring is the last place he should be against such a skilled boxer, the tactics were simple, he should of capitalised on a greater weight advantage (he trimmed down far to much) as he never had the boxing skills to trouble him, that weight will of enabled him to wear him down, thus fatigue beats Usyk!

Commentary said the first clinch was in like the 4th round. Fury would be putting him in headlocks and clinching from the get go.

AJ looked so skinny by his standards a weird advantage to give up against someone superior skill wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.