The Boxing thread

The centre of the ring is the last place he should be against such a skilled boxer, the tactics were simple, he should of capitalised on a greater weight advantage (he trimmed down far to much) as he never had the boxing skills to trouble him, that weight will of enabled him to wear him down, thus fatigue beats Usyk!
I would have thought, use the centre of the ring to stop him moving around and use his superior strength and height to keep him cornered and wear him down, but I'm no Harry Carpenter

We were all sat round watching AJ's ringwalk and all said wtf. Looked totally unfocused, wanting to touch gloves with anyone and everyone and I just don't think he has that nasty killer streak required to be top level. If he has a rematch he should change his corner men as they gave him shit advice all through the fight. Just before the 11th, they said stay behind your jab and let him come to you???. He had the centre of the ring for the majority of the fight but didn't utilise it to his advantage
Before the fight Joshua would liked to have gone toe to toe with usyk but after getting nearly dropped in the third round that went out of the window but the scoring going into the tenth round was a disgrace tbh as it was clear as day usyk was way in front infact I’d give Joshua 3 rounds tops and he shouldn’t jump straight into the renatch

We were all sat round watching AJ's ringwalk and all said wtf. Looked totally unfocused, wanting to touch gloves with anyone and everyone and I just don't think he has that nasty killer streak required to be top level. If he has a rematch he should change his corner men as they gave him shit advice all through the fight. Just before the 11th, they said stay behind your jab and let him come to you???. He had the centre of the ring for the majority of the fight but didn't utilise it to his advantage

“Brilliant AJ, Brilliant”

“Brilliant AJ, Brilliant”
That's all you could here all night. Very annoying. He's regressed which is a shame but getting wobbled a number of times has clearly changed him. It'll be interesting to see a what weight he comes back with next time around.

I would have thought, use the centre of the ring to stop him moving around and use his superior strength and height to keep him cornered and wear him down, but I'm no Harry carpenter
No mate, that’s the complete opposite as it gives the superior boxer the room to move, AJ should of been backing him up, cutting off the space and putting 18 stones of weight all over him, instead, by fighting centrally, Usyk can dictate,
Not only with his superior footwork but able to pick off shots, in and out - the culmination of punches is what hurt AJ, not power!

No mate, that’s the complete opposite as it gives the superior boxer the room to move, AJ should of been backing him up, cutting off the space and putting 18 stones of weight all over him, instead, by fighting centrally, Usyk can dictate,
Not only with his superior footwork but able to pick off shots, in and out - the culmination of punches is what hurt AJ, not power!
Aj's problem was he thinks he's a skillful fighter with some power, where as he is a powerful fighter with some skills, he allowed the fight to be a battle of skills and lost.
Chisora did better against usyk by using his physicality and brute strength.
In the rematch if he goes in and throws hands and imposes himself on usyk he has a great chance of a ko win early in the fight but run the risk if he doesn't get it he will be the one getting ko'd in the 2nd half of the fight

AJ should go back to what brought him to the dance. Superior athletic skills and raw power.

Seems like he wants to prove he can box with the best of them and was looking to bide his time and be a sniper. Instead, because of Usyks movement and superior boxing skills he just came across as shot shy.

i said it from word go once USYK moved up he would win a world title. His skill level is way above the rest in this division. Not many has made the leap from Crusierweight to Heavyweight in the same style. Not many have Evander Holyfield , David Haye have all won the heavyweight titles off the top of my head but in the style Usyk won last night in AJs back yard too. I was thinking there going to rob him on the cards. but the right result was given in the end. IF Usyk fight the winner of Fury v Wilder to unify the division I think he is just too classy to be beaten. He will chip away at both and as long as he isnt caught with a bomb from Wilder he will win both fights for me.

Do
i said it from word go once USYK moved up he would win a world title. His skill level is way above the rest in this division. Not many has made the leap from Crusierweight to Heavyweight in the same style. Not many have Evander Holyfield , David Haye have all won the heavyweight titles off the top of my head but in the style Usyk won last night in AJs back yard too. I was thinking there going to rob him on the cards. but the right result was given in the end. IF Usyk fight the winner of Fury v Wilder to unify the division I think he is just too classy to be beaten. He will chip away at both and as long as he isnt caught with a bomb from Wilder he will win both fights for me.
you not think Fury could use his size much more effectively than Joshua to take a points win?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.