The British Monarchy

We already have PR in Scottish parliament.
Can’t see it heading any other way. Can you?
No worries, I didn’t read the thread fully and not sure why I didn’t pick up on why you were talking about PR in a monarchy thread. Somehow conflated the two and thought you were proposing an elective monarchy but how that would work with PR would be interesting;)

No worries, I didn’t read the thread fully and not sure why I didn’t pick up on why you were talking about PR in a monarchy thread. Somehow conflated the two and thought you were proposing an elective monarchy but how that would work with PR would be interesting;)
Simon Cowell would come up with a format, no doubt.

Not quite sure what the connection is between PR and the monarchy or between independence and the monarchy. Between the union of the crowns in 1603 and the creation of the United Kingdom in 1707, England and Scotland were two countries with a single monarch. Independence for Scotland would go back to that model as the SNP have no plans for forming a republic.
As for PR, it's even less relevant to the monarchy.
Yeah, my mistake.

Think Voltaire (?) got it about right, "I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it". That Celtic banner was infantile and tasteless for many but start censoring stuff like that and we are on a very slippy slope imo.
It was infantile but I thought it was pretty funny tbh.

Not quite sure what the connection is between PR and the monarchy or between independence and the monarchy. Between the union of the crowns in 1603 and the creation of the United Kingdom in 1707, England and Scotland were two countries with a single monarch. Independence for Scotland would go back to that model as the SNP have no plans for forming a republic.
As for PR, it's even less relevant to the monarchy.
I might have misinterpreted the original point but I thought it was that you can keep the monarchy and reform the constitution., if that’s what you want to do.
The two decisions aren’t mutually exclusive. Which is a point I made a number of days ago when someone seemed to be suggesting I was advocating that you abolish your monarchy.
Which is ridiculous. I suggested no such thing. No.1 it has nothing to do with us. That’s Britain’s decision. No. 2 I merely pointed out I wouldn’t be in favour of a monarchy here.

Regarding your constitution, being a big supporter of the GFA, I do think it would have been even more helpful if you did modify your constitution after all we had a further referendum in our country to modify ours.

Sadly looking from afar Britain seems pretty divided these days.

Brexit, the vote split the country and blame and anger rumbles on.

Monarchy, since the queen's death, it appears there is division, even this microcosm of a thread shows under 50% support for the monarchy.

Scotland, do they want out of the UK ?

Does the north south divide still exist ?

And of course everyone who's not rich hates the Tories. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.