The British Monarchy

Sadly looking from afar Britain seems pretty divided these days.

Brexit, the vote split the country and blame and anger rumbles on.

Monarchy, since the queen's death, it appears there is division, even this microcosm of a thread shows under 50% support for the monarchy.

Scotland, do they want out of the UK ?

Does the north south divide still exist ?

And of course everyone who's not rich hates the Tories. :)
We are absolutely divided.

Sadly looking from afar Britain seems pretty divided these days.

Brexit, the vote split the country and blame and anger rumbles on.

Monarchy, since the queen's death, it appears there is division, even this microcosm of a thread shows under 50% support for the monarchy.

Scotland, do they want out of the UK ?

Does the north south divide still exist ?

And of course everyone who's not rich hates the Tories. :)

divide and conquer. the possibility of political revolution diminishes with every cut.

I'd say it is extremely fanciful myself. After 10 days relentlessly projecting the idea of an entire nation in grief now we have the notion that the funeral itself drew a line over any lingering regret people may have over burying loved ones during lockdown.

On top of that I've just seen a clip of Burley grilling some hapless Labour front bencher about whether it's appropriate for a fringe republican event to take part at their conference in 'the current' climate.

So much for moving on.

I'd say it is extremely fanciful myself. After 10 days relentlessly projecting the idea of an entire nation in grief now we have the notion that the funeral itself drew a line over any lingering regret people may have over burying loved ones during lockdown.

On top of that I've just seen a clip of Burley grilling some hapless Labour front bencher about whether it's appropriate for a fringe republican event to take part at their conference in 'the current' climate.

So much for moving on.

So much for moving on.

Written by Caitlin Moran. Interestingly another Caitlin Moran, an aboriginal rugby league player has had a slightly less positive take on the queen.

So much for moving on.

If it wasn't for the fact that The Queen had to bury her husband very publicly, without family, I'd say the suggestion wasn't just fanciful, but would be offensive.

Given that her husband did die during the Covid restrictions, then I can just about see the argument, if I squint, and can maybe appreciate that it was one of the few times where privilege didn't help The Queen, and that many who had to do the same will genuinely sympathise with her.

The article itself is pretty long, and a lot less serious and reverential than the tweet makes it sound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.