The British Monarchy

How do you feel about Wilfried Bony? Are you waiting for the call to go to his funeral?

Of course you aren’t. He was rubbish and no longer plays for us.

You can’t transfer the monarchy. They don’t really do very much nowadays, but people still enjoy the pomp and ceremony. That’s pretty much it.

If/when Charles starts chatting politics/climate change, it’ll be seconds before he’s told to “stick to being king”.

If you shout at your wife because City have lost, that doesn’t make you a bigger blue, it makes you somebody who can’t control their emotions very well.

I‘m not sure I’ve ever done that, but have said on occasion that we have lost contentiously, can you give me 10 minutes to process my annoyance please.

The royal family will never evoke such emotions. VAR have never changed the outcome of a royal occasion, they very rarely score own goals, noncing aside.

People love watching the pomp, I doubt many under 60 have a royal teatowel.
Not sure where you're going with this one. Firstly I haven't shouted at my wife , just the dog, but I accept I am in a mood, and I didn't post that as some kind of boast. Just as a reflection on how we can all get wrapped up in something we have little connection to in reality.

FYI I didn't go to the funeral or attend the lying in state by the way. But neither did I tie a scarf or lie a shirt down at City when Foe tragically died. But some did didn't they? Ask yourself why they did that and you may be close to understanding why so many attended the commemorations for the Queen this week. Im no psychologist but I know people are emotional and irrational at times.

Last edited:
I don't know any over 60 who have one either! :-)
Plus I promise you @Alan Harper's Tash I will never demand your respect on anyone's funeral day (even mine) *chuckles*

This is for everyone so please don't think I am preaching to you AHT.

Live and let live are my thoughts. The world has enough angst without us falling out over whether folk should respect/love/mourn the Queen or any member of the Royal Family.
Time for the Blues to batten down the hatches ready for the visit of some miserable so and so's from Trafford!! :-)

If I offend anyone with this post I apologise. :-)

I’m offended you watered it down to “ miserable so and so’s “

I’m offended you watered it down to “ miserable so and so’s “
Oh, that's verging on strong language for me! :-)

Unless it's a certain ex-pm of recent memory and then I do tend to get a bit het up. I keep promising myself not to go in the Politics sub forum! In fact I might DM a Mod and ask them to make the Politics sub forum invisible to me!!!! :-)

I don't know any over 60 who have one either! :-)
Plus I promise you @Alan Harper's Tash I will never demand your respect on anyone's funeral day (even mine) *chuckles*

This is for everyone so please don't think I am preaching to you AHT.

Live and let live are my thoughts. The world has enough angst without us falling out over whether folk should respect/love/mourn the Queen or any member of the Royal Family.
Time for the Blues to batten down the hatches ready for the visit of some miserable so and so's from Trafford!! :-)

If I offend anyone with this post I apologise. :-)
People can do what they like as long as it doesn’t hurt others. That includes mourning a monarch.

People that tell others what they should and shouldn’t do are the ones that need to learn your motto!

Not sure where you're going with this one. Firstly I haven't shouted at my wife , just the dog, but I accept I am in a mood, and I didn't post that as some kind of boast. Just as a reflection on how we can all get wrapped up in something we have little connection to in reality.

FYI I didn't go to the funeral or attend the lying in state by the way. But neither did I tie a scarf or lie a shirt down at City when Foe tragically died. But some did didn't they? Ask yourself why they did that and you may be close to understanding why so many attended the commemorations for the Queen this week. Im no psychologist but I know people are emotional and irrational at times.
The death of Foe was more akin to that of Diana than the Queen. It came out of nowhere and people were shocked by it. The physical outpouring of grief was much less this time due to it being a natural ending.

I do recognise that people are emotional and irrational. Why else would one put flowers near a wall?

We have no idea of the respect world leaders had for her. Many were present: imagine if they didn't show. Many said nice things: imagine if their words were harsh.
Celebrities awash with tears for someone they didn't know - it is, IMO, utterly ridiculous, but many buy it because they want to, not because they have any dose of reality or objectivity about it.
Very true, I imagine most did not spend any great deal of time with her to form a proper opinion, only fleeting visits, state dinners, and brief phone calls to those elected leaders of commonwealth countries.

Other than rumours the Kennedy's weren't fans and that she had a strained relationships with Blair and Thatcher there is very little to go on.

Would you like people publicly slagging your mum when she dies. The answer to that question is clearly no. You would want them to pay respect or at the very minimum stay silent, why is that so hard for you and others to do?
Sorry, was she your mum?

I haven't slagged her off, and I haven't come across any comments that have (there may well be a few).

This thread is about the Monarchy, I'll address any issues I have with the 'myth' of her in the appropriate thread.

*also comparing the monarchy with a football club is a false equivalence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.