The Carlos Tevez Thread

Seriously thinking this guy could help us win the league. Having 4 quality strikers to change things and contribute is really useful.

Stupid fucker had to refuse warming up. *sigh*

Re: Tevez - Huge Roar

I clapped De Jong coming off then sat down but didn't boo. Heard quite a lot of boo's around me which I don't agree with. It caused quite a few arguments near me in 125.

While none of us like what Tevez did, the people booing are those saying they will never forgive him and that the club is bigger than him etc - well exactly! Booing him is NOT helping the club and anyone that thinks it is needs their head looking at. I've never boo'ed a player in my life while they are on the pitch wearing that blue shirt. God there has been times I've wanted to but I just don't see it as having a positive effect.

I just hope those that did boo have got it out of their system now and give their full support to the TEAM for the last 9 games - with or without Tevez in it.

Oh and for those that say they would rather not win the league with Tevez in the team...DO ME A FAVOUR!

Re: Carlos Tevez

Played the silva role and it worked well with his work rate, he can only help us.

Won't be the figurehead and looks like he will try to keep out of the spotlight.

meldrew said:
Played the silva role and it worked well with his work rate, he can only help us.

Won't be the figurehead and looks like he will try to keep out of the spotlight.
And we know he can play the Silva role effectively too.

He came to this country as an attacking midfielder, and was moulded into a false 9 striker.

Even though he came on as a substitute, he provided the most key passes in the match.

Carlos Tevez

This guy is one of the most prolific strikers we have ever had, problem with him he is a very immature individual easily manipulated and influenced, coupled with his Latin temperament we have a very mixed up target, the guy has ended up into what you call a figure 11, Carlos is worth a lot of money to city but come the end of the season he could be worth a lot more to our bragging rights. I find it sad and a waste that a guy with his talent has let his self be pushed away from the one person who could have made him the best striker this club has seen, Mancini.

Jumanji said:
meldrew said:

And we know he can play the Silva role effectively too.

He came to this country as an attacking midfielder, and was moulded into a false 9 striker.

Even though he came on as a substitute, he provided the most key passes in the match.

I believe someone posted last night, he made 22 out of 23 sucessful passes, this can only help us to the end of the season.

I reckon that, of the approx 44,000 City fans in the ground, about 9,000 cheered him, about 5,000 booed him and about 30,000 did neither.

I also think that, if forced to either boo or cheer, the vast majority of the 30,000 would have booed him. They didnt because they knew it wasnt in the interest of the team to do so.

hgblue said:
richball_PF55 said:
You must be deaf if you didn't hear the boo's..

A very very tiny minority. The vast majority of match going blues gave him a good reception as I knew they would.

The above. Can honestly say I have yet to meet a blue in the flesh who was not happy to see Carlos back. It was only rags. The Boo boys now need to shut up and get behind every player in a blue shirt and listen to what the players are stating on City TV "Together We Are Stronger"

nevilletogoater-in said:
Ricster said:
Tevez City said:
Comparison between Mario and Carlos

Mario Played 45 minutes

Completed 7 of 8 passes.

Tevez played 24 minutes

Completed 21 of 22 passes.

I was not kidding when I said that half fit Tevez is better than fully fit Balotelli.

Not often i agree with you but Tevez was a different class when he came on.

Guys, if you were booers or mute, you have now made your feelings known. There is no need to carry this on now. We have all had our say, and Manchester City Football Club would want us in an ideal world to back every player.

If that was an unfit Carlito last night, then can you imagine what a fresh, fully fit Tevez is going to bring us in the run in?

We have to match United and beat them in the Derby, that was looking unlikely until Tevez came on last night.

Whats more important? Your own agenda or City winning this title. Time to draw a line and move on.

Exactly this.

To be honest we should have drawn a line under it once Mancini accepted his apology. I don't like Tevez for what he has done but then again if it wasn't for him then we wouldn't have qualified for the Champions League. As for this golfing holiday, we've fined him nigh on 10m quid for him going AWOL and I also seem to remember that our form didn't dip at all when he was in Argentina.

The big picture is Manchester City winning the league. Nothing else matters!!

Tevez would be gone if it was up to me, but the difference in class & workrate between him & our other options (both Balotelli & Dzeko) is plain to see. They are great talents but peripheral, icing on the cake players who drift in & out & need everything to be pefect around them so they can produce their best, Tevez just finds a space & gets on with it. How many times have any of our strikers played a midfield runner in like that ?

What has happened with him is a tragedy. He could have been even better this season than last & a hero in the future if he wasn't such a wanker.

When he goes, we need to find a proper replacement of the same staure. That's what we have been missing when the going has got tough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.